1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    I apologize if you felt hurt by my take on the logic of the car market/culture in India. I have not faced such difficulties with ASS and so I am not qualified to sympathize with you, but I still do man!

My post was just about (a) the tiny addressable market for Fiat cars, irrespective of what Fiat does

and was precisely about how (b) sales and reputation can only improve meaningfully and sustainably by word-of-mouth ie., via improved sales and service performance, rather than through advertising and new engines/launches.

So I completely agree with you about the dealers/ASS needing further improvement (though I have not had much to complain about at all personally), just that I think the percieved 'risk' of buying a Fiat (or a Skoda) is I think much too exagerrated among most prospective buyers, for reasons both you and I have addressed in our posts.

I was not trying to denigrate, just to analyze, although with sympathies tilted a certain way for sure (e.,g., I would NEVER even consider buying a Honda or Hyundai or Suzuki, not unless as you said, their cars have the USP of a Linea or a Punto or a Ford Fiesta, which is a vain utopian hope!! ;-) One just HAS to take that SLIGHT 'risk' in one's purchase decision IMO!)
    1 person likes this.
  2. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    With all this rant over After sales and service, I guess we need a Poll to check the percent of FIATians happy with the service. Btw, I am a FIAT owner for the past 2.6 years and very happy with the service provided in Chennai. Also to add, the car is very reliable. Thumbs up to FIAT for making such reliable cars. @MODS.. Can a poll be opened for checking the percent of FIATians who are happy with the service.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  3. adisrini1103

adisrini1103 Amatore

Coimbatore
    Linea 1.3
    Have u ever heard maruti 800 in service center for a month....well I can say...
    It just depends on your service center's manager....
    You can call fiat or complain through email....well thats what I did to maruti...
    1 person likes this.
  4. GP_Freak

GP_Freak Amatore

Chennai/Madurai
    Chennai
    Linea 1.3

Prabhjot, no hard feelings. I completely understand the reason behind your post. But sometimes we need to stay away from the things that we love to get a complete picture. Btw, if by any chance you felt that my replies are very specifically directed towards your post, then I too apologize.

@jackharrisw -Unless the issue is faced by us, we normally do not feel the actual pinch. As long as the car runs fine, there is no issue and happy that you are having excellent service support from Fiat for past 2.6 years. Yes I too get personalized support because I knew the people there very well. But maybe since I am used to better turnaround time and excellent and organized service support even without knowing any one in service center in Maruthi, I guess I am comparing Fiat with the best in the industry. Just like we Fiatians are used to better cars from Fiat, let’s just say I am used to far better service support from Maruthi. This could be termed as Ranting, but If you had gone through the same, I don’t know what your reactions might be. All in all, these issues would have been solved in Maruthi in 3 days tops. 10X times do deserve a ranting.

@ adisrini1103-You would not believe. It was three weeks after I left my Fiat for service and the service guy had not kept his promise and in that pissed off mood due to argument with Fiat service guys I sent an email to Maruthi as a feedback for the car I received during the evening on the same day. The Maruthi Service manager came running to meet me in my place the very next day with gifts and apologized profusely along with the people who tended my car. The issue reported was there was no paper inside the car after service and the front Left and right mats were interchanged. I have never felt so embarrassed and Silly .

In Parallel I was sending emails for the Delays with my Linea. Opening the dash for pressure check took 4 days, Identifying the leak took 3 days, evaporator coil took a week. Fixing Fuel indicator took 45 days and in the R@D work they did, they dented the lip where the Low pressure pump Sits in the fuel tank and it was leaking. Even without checking the leak, they handed over the car and the car was leaking diesel( two times). Wasted a full tanks of diesel from my pocket. Power window controller was reported ok and was not changed. Had to prove them faulty again and it took another 10 days to come as spare was not available. The heat shield under the tank was misplaced and my car still doesn’t has it. Dicky gas shocks are broken and ofcourse, with scratches here and there.. The dash was not fixed properly and vibrates. ( okay, this was with Tata Fiat)
    Even if I had 20% of the attention given by Maruthi,I would have been a happy camper.

Even with Fiat,I don’t see any drastic changes. the Turnaround time is more. The service timer was not reset even though I told it specifically. It took one whole day in RDC to just get the door noise checked and arrested, only to come back just 5 kms after I left home( having paid 500 for taping the locks J). Everything just moves in slow motion in Fiat ASS I Wish we could inject some steroids in to them. The Only difference I was felt was in With Jones in RDC(Since he had come from Honda), who guess has now left for Audi
  5. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Guys how good is the new linea selling?

I don't see much of them on the Mumbai roads.
  6. rahulvfx

rahulvfx Amatore

Bangalore
    Recently I was speaking to one of the FIAT dealer, according to them the Linea sell is almost zero per month... There main hope now is from Evo... I guess now maximum customer need a total good package... Personally I felt that speaking to many new car buyers, the drive doesn't seem to be in main criteria but other new customizations should be comparable to other cars....

For which I guess Verna is selling like hot cake...
  7. harishgayatri

harishgayatri Amatore

Mulund, Mumbai
    Well that's sad. But this is a good information for bargain/discount hunters.

Mate, I think the comparision with Skoda is absolutely wrong. Their service centers have a reputation to steal parts from customers cars and sell it in the open market.

Moreover they even had the audacity to threaten members from Team-BHP towards legal action if such matters were discussed by them.

I agree that the Fiat's service centers are not exactly upto mark compared to other manufacturers standards. But we can conclude that they are not as notorious as Skoda. Skoda is something which everyone really should stay away from.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2014
  8. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    as all of we know that Fiat make/share engines for Maruti why not make/share cars for them so that we can have Maruti Linea and Maruti Avventura. in europe suzuki makes sedicci for fiat why not vice versa in India
    In India we have two companies sharing same car is not a new funda nowadays.
    e.g.
    1. Nissan sunny >> renault scala
    2. Micra >> Pulse
    3. Duster >> Teranno
    4. VW Vento >> Scoda Rapid
    5. Nissan Evalia >> Ashok leyland Style

just think on this aspect if it works will do wonders for Fiat and Maruti both.
  9. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Even after almost 6 months after launch. I am yet to see a facelifted linea on Road.(apart from Mangesh's which i saw during our meet)
  10. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    What do you do in India if you are a first time big, expensive sedan buyer, i.e., interested in status approvals from your fellow under/un-informed car opinion-holders, desperate to have APPARENT guarantees of feel-good-ness from ASS (even if the cost of parts, labour and warranties are extortionate), and are all too susceptible to the whole erroneous resale not 'value' but 'price' illusion?

Also, your taste in automotive design (judging from the popularity of the Verna and City) veers towards the brash and vulgar ('futuristic') since you are most-likely one of the rising, 'aspirational', nouveau-riches of India/Asia?

You do NOT buy either of the best-by-far cars in their segment: the new Linea or the Fiesta. You do not want to stand out as an individual or a minority. Much better: to claim guaranteed distinction by being in the dominant majority.

Indians in general are majoritarians, not for us the 'ekla chalo re' individualism. We like to be part of big strong herds. This is true across car segments where the 2-3 East Asian firms have left mere crumbs for the other firms.

Unless you have a truly unique USP with little competition (Duster and Ecosport, for now).

Fiat are right therefore to try with the Evo and the Avventura to make styling into a USP. It will not succeed lavishly, but should improve sales by say 20-40% ?
    5u3zEr0, bharath, pdash and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.