1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    Why sales are not improving ? You dont need to think too much.Mine is perfect example.
    Will i recommend a fiat pertrol(1.2 FIRE) car to any one ?
    Answer is BIG No....

Reason ?

When i carry 4 person in my car,i cant even over take Nano :eek: and it kisses all the speed breakers.
    When i carry 4 person with AC on ,i cant even overtake a Honda Activa:mad:.
    And i get the mileage of 10 KM in city and i cant listen the music because it deosn't have a aux in or USB.
    Ok now i wanted to get rid of this vehicle and what they offer me you know ? 2.5 lakhs for 3 year old vehicle :confused:
    Will i recommend fiat you any one ??????
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    I hope your car gets out of these pathetic acceleration issues you are facing. Regarding resale, many a car companies today have poor resales post 3year period. Never buy a Fiat esp. considering the resale. A BMW costs 5-7 times as much has very bad resale also. There the value depreciates by 10-15 lacs in short term and keeps going down few lacs year on year.

When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane..! :p
  3. acechip

acechip Superiore

Fiat has to make up its mind. Selling cars or components? They seem far more serious about the latter. Which is fine. But then they better windup their car mfg, sales and service operations. If not, then they need to be far more serious and aggressive. Mere tokenism in the form of Aventura , Jeep won't help things at all!
  4. Sailer_Punter

Sailer_Punter Amatore

Bangalore
    2 people like this.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Adding Fiat India July 2014 sales

Jul-Sales.jpg
    • Nothing can help Linea. With tough competition, Fiat is loosing ground fast.
    • Punto lower volume can be expected, Let us see if EVO can lift some numbers in coming months.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    4 people like this.
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    Slight improvement in Linea sales & Punto has gone down. Overall down trend. Hope the launch of new Evo adds some figures. Thanks for sharing Ravi
  7. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    I happened to a first New TW Linea on the way to my native from Coimbatore after a long long time.Luckily, it was not a TD vehicle :-D! But meanwhile, the roads are flooded with Honda City and Amaze and more to come in the form of Mobilio and Jazz.Those who look for quality & features are moving towards Hyundai and for brand,status symbol it is the Honda ,status & power driven enthusiasts to VW and only the emotional enthusiasts with FIAT :(.
    himanshu4886 and GirishRaghu like this.
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Was looking at the month's comprehensive sales figures posted on management punditz.

Fiat has got off very lightly, off a low base, new Punto coming etc.

It is an absolute bloodbath for almost all models from almost all firms except Maruti and Honda. Hyundai too is cannibalizing its own sales of the i10 and the i20 hugely. It's a case of a few hits that endlessly stay popular or complete failures, nothing in between.

This is very unhealthy market behaviour: there is a clear oligopolization/heavy concentration (Maruti, Hyundai and Honda) below 10 lakhs, severe herding-effects, better quality information available on the net failing to improve customer buying decision making processes, etc.

I have said this here before and I'll keep repeating it: Fiat owners should not care a jot about Fiat's sales figures, this car baazaar is nowhere near open, well-informed, rational and competitive enough (in actual practice rather than in appearance) to take its judgments seriously. Below 10 lakhs, only Tata is capable of breaking the INCREASING stranglehold of the East Asian gang of three IMO.

Fiat is correct to focus more on Jeep (D segment and above) and on the Tata JV factory for profits, because there aren't going to be any great sales with the Linea, Punto Evo and Avventura, not in this malfunctioning baazaar! If it were in Fiat's hands we'd be right to carry on remonstrating about Fiat's marketing et al, but I am convinced it is not.
    4 people like this.
  9. acechip

acechip Superiore

There is no unhealthy market behaviour. This is not a controlled oligopoly based on certain biased conditions. In fact, credit to Maruti for sticking out in face of competition, labour unrest et al. Fiat (even in its most recent, post 2008 avatar) had a great chance. They even got off to a decent start, clocking 1000 plus units per month on both the Punto and Linea. But those cars did face two issues 1) lack of A.S.S 2) niggling troubles. I think we all know this fact. Fiat, particularly, does not seem to have paid enough attention in the beginning to nip the problem in the bud.
    As a result, the confidence of the customer kept on reducing. Secondly, competitiors like Honda, which essentially had only 1 major product line in 2008-2009 in the form of Honda City, brought out Jazz, Brio, Amaze and now Mobilio in the past 5 years. Ironically, their best product of the lot (Jazz) failed. But they are none the worse for it.
    Similarly, Toyota brought Etios, Liva. Even Tata brought out newer models and variants.
    What did Fiat do ? It couldnt even manage the marketing, A.S.S for 2 models.
    So whatever Fiat may try to do now, atleast it should analyze the market thoroughly.To say that this is not in Fiat's hands is to say that we are lazy, we are more content with supplying MJDs and what-nots to other companies. And I am fine with that too..but let us not blame "market" conditions for the lack of effort from the company. The company continues to spoil its chances by not taking efforts to support its products, which are inherently good.
  10. Rituraj

Rituraj Regolare

Jorhat, Assam
    Perhaps Fiat deserves this thumbs down from the market. When you treat existing customers like sh*t, how are prospective customers going to put faith on you?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.