1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    As already stated, it was not posted to offend any body in this world in any way. During posting this, i could not find any thread nor wanted to create a new. So hence stated in my OP that mods can move it. Besides, if its still found offensive, mods can feel free to delete it or move it away or if folks want me to report it, i welcome that.

However, the topic is digressing. Lets allow mods to take action without dragging this. If it has offended any one/group, i apologize.

Was just stating facts what has happened with the car, if FIAT must use this for AD campaign or not, its their choice. I dont emphasize on that. ;)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Did they mention the real reason why they are least interested on mass marketing?
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  2. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    No, but one this is very evident, the people who are in the sales both from Fiat and dealerships are facing a lot of heat and friction on the sales front. Dealers cant convince the customer without any discounts, Fiat is neither advertising the Linea nor providing discounts. How will the Fiat folks convince the dealers to pick up stocks. If the trend continues, I foresee quite a few dealerships going in Red.
  3. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I still do not understand why FIAT do not want to or rather cant do marketing while others with low sales as FIAT were able to market i.e AD's, etc.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I remember talking to Fiat official on Small Car plan (http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-india-news/303-fiat-india-small-car-take-alto.html), and they told they can't go for low cost mass market, because of very tough competition from Maruti and Hyundai.

I think Fiat is confused which sengment to target. They might not be putting 1.4Tjet in Punto and more powerful Diesel in Punto and Linea, to keep cost in check. but this is not helping either.
    Yes, Fiat has concentrated whole 2013 to increase count of dealership, not sure if they are thinking or not, if dealers can't sell couple of Linea and Puntos each month, how they will continue.

Hope Avventura brings some cheers, I don't see new Punto doing anything different from current scenario.
    1 person likes this.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Yes Ravi, even they took most of the existing users survey (me giving one) and the survey guy when inquired also mentioned that he is hearing alot about gearbox and power train. So what happened to those survey reports? Looks like some top hat has put it under his bottom and slept on it just like Govt. employee. :(

Not sure if i am thinking it correctly, i guess if Auto mags have more 1-1 interviews with Mr. Nagesh, we may get to know more about the insights of how the top hats are thinking about issues and stuffs.
  6. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The cars are good and cheaper price points are very difficult to match for Punto or Lineas. All Fiat solutions are world car platforms that take into account so many aspects, making customized solutions for specific markets like India a bit tricky. The cars even if sold at discounts will eat into Fiat's profits, but sales must go on anyhow.

They have the Novo Uno against likes of Alto. So why not bring them and sell at higher prices than Altos etc. They will still sell I am sure. There is a need for a mass market popular car, and one such success can do a great deal of benefit to make Fiat a household name, like Maruti or Hyundai.

- - - Merged Post - - -

The focus should not be on taking on the likes of Alto etc., but to create a space or presence of their own, giving the customers an alternative within a nearby price bracket even if for customers it means shelling out some higher money for Fiats. They do need a portfolio of vehicles simultaneously that can give customers more choice to choose from.
  7. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore
    yes uno will be perfect put against a-star or santro because of its macho looks, but imo panda can be a big hit if they promote it wit a proper tv commercial of its articulation and also FE. almost everyone would like it beacuse of the things that small car can do.. but with this aventura project they dont even have future plans for panda i beleive.. :(

and also instead of grand cherokee and wrangle they should bring compass first as it would be a perfect upgrade from linea for existing fiatians and also could compete against duster/scorpio..
  8. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    They will launch with CBU Wrangler, and locally assembled Grand Cherokee. In 2016they will bring for local manufacture and not mere assembly the next gen Compass and, if a recent Autocar report is to be believed also a locally built (with Fiat engines) Renegade. Or so they have promised investors in their global 5-year plan just a few months ago. I believe the Jeeps are hit after hit just waiting to happen!

Meanwhile, improving dealers and ASS is key.

And of course I hope they realize that the Punto Evo and the Avventura and at least the new Linea T-jet need very heavy and savvier marketing! Fiat should completely stop all discounting and invest the same monies on advertising campaign after ad campaign, on both products and the mother brand.

They have improved at their marketing hugely, but given the car culture here, they have still to do more and much better, not just on national TV and the internet but also at regional, local (tier 2), and dealer level.

It's great, meanwhile, that their profits from the Tata manufacturing JV are about to rise hugely given the inevitable success of the Zest (and Bolt), even as the 1.3 mjd sales to maruti for the upcoming Ciaz will rise too.
  9. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    During the auto-expo I did get a chance to chat with some Fiat officials. They were asking my view on Avventura and the new TJet. My view was that Fiat should price cars lower than they are currently doing right from the start when the car is launched. The official didn't seem happy about it.
    After following Fiat all these years, my only guess is that Fiat India is on a tight budget. Not much growth is there in India to interest the headquarters in Italy. In the absence of flexible/good budget, Fiat India seems to be spending only where required and cuts short on advertising. Not sure how they manage to give huge discounts on cars after a year. If they could instead incorporate this discount in the initial pricing itself it would do wonders to their sales
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
    2 people like this.
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    ^^,
    Perhaps FIAT thinks or blinded by Ferrari tat no matter wat, customers still oo for FIAT just like they do for Ferrari and same for sales too.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.