1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    Most people buy Honda-s, Hyundai-s and Maruti-s blind, because others buy them, not because they've reflected, learnt and researched. And so to expect Fiat, which has legacy reputation and perception issues (however false, dated and exaggerated), to be as able as Hyundai to launch all-new platforms and cars is silly.

The Punto, Linea already are and the Avventura will be class-best on most parameters, and acceptable on ALL, but that has not stopped them from selling slowly. Do you expect Fiat to bring on yet another top-notch small car that then doesn't get bought because of the risk-aversion and herding biases of the car buying public, only a small part of whom are well-informed and thoughtful about car culture, most of whom are first-time buyers or status-badge seekers only?

Fiat has a fifty percent share of every Tata Zest/Bolt built in their PROFITABLE!! JV factory in Ranjangaon: two new products right there, no?, in a way?!! And I do feel the Avventura's going to sell nearly as well as the Punto Evo!

What Fiat must do is keep working on their dealers and ASS and promotions/marketing. And then bring on Jeep in 2015-2016, including Indian-made and not just assembled models that they've committed to in their five year global plan a few months ago.
    5 people like this.
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

@prabhjot, it effectively means that us Fiat lovers are a bunch of fools to associate ourselves with the Fiat brand. Because basically Fiat itself doesnt care about building its own brand image, it is very happy to dilute itself to an OE supplier status in India, since it is anyways raking in profits via the Tata JV and the MJD contracts. So this makes me wonder why Tata did not strike a deal with Fiat to get the TJet instead of spending the money on developing the Revotron engine.
  3. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    No, it doesn't, we fiat owners should stop having a complex about Fiat's sales figures: Fiat is and will remain a niche, minority taste in this car baazaar. So what? in fact, as long as their sales are growing incrementally and the company's making money in India (both of which are true of Fiat in India EVEN TODAY) we should take pleasure and pride in our good automotive taste! ;-) Cheer up man! You (we!) own the awesome t-jet, after all! ;-)
    3 people like this.
  4. acechip

acechip Superiore

Hey, I do love my Linea ! I am more frustrated with Fiat the company than its products. Had the Linea been sold under the Maruti or any other label, it would have been a runaway hit.
    There is always strength in numbers- a fact that cannot be ignored. Yes, we are a niche, minority group in this bazaar, but that is not out by design (aka premium luxury brands or 4x4 SUVS). Both Linea and Punto are mass-segment cars, period.
  5. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    Perhaps this image can be used for marketing...

Its aftermath of Israel missile attack. Our tank is still a tank ;)

10506745_640214406077552_4627821195087556645_o.jpg

P.s: mods plz move it to relevant section. Thanks
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2014
  6. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3

Sorry Zen. Your post is not in good taste in my opinion. That is a sensitive issue and people are losing their lives. I could not appreciate your idea in all sense.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    7 people like this.
  7. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    @prabhjot and acechip,
    You are both are correct. Acechip, Prabhjot says no need to be sorry for Fiat's situation and things aren't as bad. Prabhjot, Acechip says no we cannot overlook this situation and Fiat must not stay complacent and strive to improve. These both views are shared by many simultaneously to more or less extent. This is a classic debate that will never end. Hope youse agree on this. Or agree to disagree. ;)
    1 person likes this.
  8. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I am sorry, I didn't put in that manner. Just was emphasising on the build quality of our car which survived missile attack.
    Anyways, mods knows what to do. They can feel free to delete this post if not in said spirit.
  9. kailasmenon2000

kailasmenon2000 Superiore

Chennai
    Hey comon... Zenwalker just posted the pic to point out the build quality of Fiat cars. Everyone knows that whats happening in gaza is a sensitive issue and people losing lives.Nobody here wants to make fun of it. Similar is he case in posting accident pics too. People are losing lives and we are posting pics, analysing the accident, discussing about it. Its a sensitive issue too.. For the family involved..Here it was just a pic to show how Punto survived the missile attack. Pls take things in lighter way.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
  10. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Zen, it is a sensitive issue of the war aftermath. Just a coincidence that the Punto survived it. No car in the world would be able to withstand a missile attack as far as I am aware of. Using this pic to emphasize the build quaility of Punto is not prudent.

Sorry if it sounds offensive.

Had a chance to meet one of the Fiat folks and from the brief discussion I had about the new Linea it is evident that the new Linea is facing a hard time so generate interest in the market. Blame it on poor marketing and the absence of discounts on the new Linea. Fiat at least needs to advertise that the Linea has been facelifted. When a full page ads were given for Datsun Go, why can't Fiat put a full page atleast once a week in all daily news paper. The free insurance and a small exchange/loyalty bonus is very much required to push the sales.
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2014
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.