1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    Exactly said. FIAT Freemont is a good product which can compete with the likes of XUV500 and Storm and also FIAT can retain its customers who want to upgrade from Linea.
    1 person likes this.
  2. coolrider

coolrider Timido

TVM/JORHAT
    Buvanesh kumar scored half century. so there is hope for FIAT:)
    1 person likes this.
  3. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    freemont is one segment higher than the likes of storme n xuv500... it retails for 30-35k euros in EU !!
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  4. abhiiceman

abhiiceman Amatore

Bangalore
  5. scottzinne

scottzinne Timido

Gwalior
    I am wondering what made FIAT to Launch Avventura. Why they can't see the similar efforts by other player already failed. Remember Fabia Scout/ Polo Cross/ Etios Cross. none of such cross product finds enough buyers in market. We need proper mini SUV . not some butox work. Sometime I feel after MAruti only Hyundai understood indian market best. They simply copies what maruti does. Hyundai doesn't waste time/energy/money in market studies. They simply do what Maruti do. FIAT is world leader in Diesel tech. But till date they only able to bring 1.3 MJD. On the other hand Hyundai got new diesel engine with every product launch. take Santa-fe. Verna - I20. , Grand. All have different engines, even though they don't have their own tech. FIAT will u explain what stops you in bringing new engine/tech. I think they keep waiting, once sales will increase than we will bring in new engine/tech. But Guys at FIAT don't understand market has given them enough opportunity to succeed . But each time they FAILS to grab opportunity. Since last year they keep shouting we will be launching 4 new products in 2014. But till date i.e. 7 months already gone only 1 product is launched. Why FIAT is doing tortoise race in this 21st century where every other manufacturer is chasing rabbit.
    4 people like this.
  6. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    very well said. fiat is a dumb company. frankly i didnt like the punto evo or avventura at all. evo is uglier than grande punto and avventura shud have been a completely new product. i really dont have high hopes from fiat india.
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2014
  7. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    +1 if FIAT have the best diesel technology then they should be at front in the ARAI mileage figures despite the weight of car is being on higher side.
    honda can only increase ARAI figures by reducing weight of car by using very very or terribly thin metal sheets.
    when VW can come with a 1.5 TDI engine from 1.6 with in a year or less then why not FIAT ?
    please don't excuse with the tech sharing with TATA if so 1.4 T Jet would have seen on Manza and likes.
  8. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    if Hyundai comes with the Grand and Xcent twins in 1 or 2 years. why FIAT can not ? seems they are only able to do a Linea CLASSIC 75 HP shame shame, how many sold only fiat knows.
    instead of cross punto (aventura) why not a direct new product in competition with Ford Ecosport ?
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    I guess Fiat is more than content with selling the MJD engines to other car manufacturers. For them selling Fiat cars is additional bonus. Recently Maruti inked a pact to buy the MJD engines from Fiat till April 2018. While Maruti will continue to make more money, Fiat will be left to only stare at their dismal perfomance.

Maruti Suzuki extends deal with Fiat for sourcing diesel engines - Livemint
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Atleast this way they can guarantee some business in India for the next few years. Fiat cannot underestimate Suzuki, post 2018 (long time yet) Suzuki/Maruti might be self-sufficient in mass-producing their own 4-cylinder SDEs. Meanwhile Fiat can wake-up and bolster their car sales/service or new car introduction strategy. Meanwhile, Fiat should tie up with Force motors and launch a premium looking Freemont through them, eventually buying some stake in this company. :idea: The Force Gurkha is like our own cheapish LandRover with diff. lock and all. :D
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.