1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    No Rudresh, Punto you spotted used by new owner. TJet not delivered till now ( yesterday status showing is in production :( ). I am driving new Linea MJD Dynamic as loaner car till the Tjet is delivered :).
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
    3 people like this.
  2. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Fiat killed a wonderful product Linea!!!
    Even if they put new engine the sales number will be same. Too late for Fiat India to react to it now.

Now they will announce a hefty discount on linea to clear up the stocks. Damn the same amount if you could have used for advertising, the numbers would have been in 1000s.
  3. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    If not the engine change,they atleast should not have spoiled the looks especially the front.Many didn't like it as far I know and Honda with its diesel avatar by the time, it is tough to convince an average buyer.I guess most of the new Linea takers are from within the Fiat circle and not the outsiders.Fiat has a steep way to climb up.
  4. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Sad to see New Linea selling just 156 units but Punto is continuing to sell in good numbers of 645 units despite new Punto Evo was expected in July.
    Now with New Punto Evo here should see how sales will be upped,still dealers have old Linea stock lying with discounts but these indians dont even consider Linea in their buying list,Linea just needs a better gearbox like Maruti's,look how Ertiga & SX4 perform despite both having similar weight to Linea
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    If one takes the 801 figure ( I hope it doesnt include the EVO shipments) with chunk of the sales accounted by chennai and south traditionally, assuming that to be 25% of 801. That leaves just 600 to be shared by 100 odd dealers resulting in an average 6 cars per dealer. At 30-50K per car commission, it will be a margin of only Rs.3 lakhs. This will not even pay for the rent, expenses and salary of the show room . Dealerships will opt out from what was painstakingly built by promising the moon in a sunny sky.. Fiat needs a volume car like the Spark and the Beat from GM. GM always showed a decent production number using the numbers of the small cars. Fiat on the other hand does not even figure in the sales charts in newspapers making people if such a company exists. What is happening FIAT?

Abdul
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    How dealers are gonna survive with this dismal sale?

Fiat surely need some marketing , advertising lessons.
  7. acechip

acechip Superiore

I think Fiat spA is simply not interested in India. Marchi seems to be concentrated on the American honeymoon. Hence Fiat India is pretty much left to itself, surviving on the profits of the manufacturing JV. Otherwise it is unfathomable that they cannot even market themselves . At the risk of inviting ire, I urge people who have 5-6 year old Fiats to look elsewhere for their next . I am stuck with a brilliant 2.5 yr car with an uncertain future.
  8. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    Linea has 1.6 engine or not, people are just not willing to look beyond Honda City. This is the major drawback in the Indian market. To add to the woes these so called magazines and auto journals simply hype a Honda product as if no other car is as good as a Honda. As I said before if FIAT is really serious about India they should bring 500l, 500x and Panda here. Also, I have already started seeing some posts in other forums, whether FIAT has worked on the gear ratios on the new Punto. FIAT is just not proactive. But nothing serious, after Evo and Avventura launch, FIAT sales would hover around 1500 mark which would bypass Skoda

As someone has posted, there is no uncertain future for FIAT. FIAT will survive in India and its sales will improve for sure if they bring in more products. FIAT is not a small brand like Suzuki for you people to fear whether FIAT will survive. So lets live happily with our FIATs. Also let us TFIians spread some positive words about FIAT products and their improvement in ASS to our friends and relatives. As a forum this is what we can do now for this wonderful brand and its products.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    With current FIAT portfolio, the present owner of Linea don't have any option to upgrade within FIAT family. Infect as per FIAT's future plan also I don't think any vehicle is in offer for people who want to upgrade Linea. FIAT Wrangler is more an offroader than SUV and Jeep Grand Cherokee is too upmarket.
    FIAT needs to fill a gap between linea & Cherokee, also an entry level model that they can sell in big volume like FIAT Panda or Uno. Or may be 2-3 parallel products to give more choice to customers. No other car company in India is having just two models in their entire product range.
    Its like a CATCH 22 situation for FIAT. They can't invest in more models unless present one sell in good numbers, on the other hand customer will not buy FIAT as long as they don't have more choices for entire B, C & D segment cars.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Think about the 15L bracket (+/- 1 Lakh) for a 7 seater SUV. What options do Indians have apart from XUV and Storm? Fiat can also concentrate on those segments. This will also provide an opportunity for the Linea owners also to upgrade.
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.