1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks Kedar for graphs.
    Once we get Patrol and Diesel breakup, you can enhance this.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  2. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    These could be one of the last batches of the current punto being dispatched to the dealers before the updated model comes in! :)
    Things should become clear once we get the numbers for February!
  3. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Agree to be a competitor it has to have some sales to compete with other same category cars :p

With launch of new Honda City with diesel engine a big market of diesel car buyers who previously where pondering about Linea will now give a direct shot Honda City. I dont see much gain in forseen future unless Fiat realigns it product offering. Its very confusing as of now

Linea Classic
    Linea Regular
    Linea New Generation

Again each one has its variants and to add to confusions the previously so called Emotion pack now becomes emotion and emotion become dynamic and what not.
    I have seen the nightmare of buyer when the sales was trying to explain all this a prospective buyer who was accompanied by a Linea EPK owner and the confusions where like WHAT???? and then the came the name Absolute Edition to make matter worse.

Whole scenario reminded me hero honda splendor 10yrs story :p
    1 person likes this.
  4. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Amazing,shocked to see Punto crossing 1200 numbers but Linea;s no's decreased last month to 178 bcoz of new Linea & temporary production stop of Linea regular.
    I wish Fiat will have good sales in 2014 with New Linea,New Punto & Brand New Avventura CUV,All The Best Fiat.
  5. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    There will be only Linea classic and the new Linea! The current linea would be stopped once the new one goes on sale.
  6. SOOZ_P

SOOZ_P Regolare

BANGALORE
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good going FIAT. With 2 models crossing 1000 on a constant basis now. Hope 2014 is the year FIAT INDIA looking for to change their fortune.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  7. acechip

acechip Superiore

Bring the new cars and for heaven's sake sell them properly!

Sent from my CRXT 1131 using Tapatalk
  8. Lunafiatic

Lunafiatic Amatore

Pune-Mumbai-Pune
    Well, to me, every fiat sold is a job done. Figures will keep changing. What matters to me the most is, at least a new bunch of people got smarter.
  9. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    That spike in Puto sales actually made my day. Very much hearteneing to see Punto cross the 1k mark thanks to the fantastic discount offered last year. Makes me think was the Punto actually over priced? Should it have been marketed in the 4.5 to 7L bracket. This way it can prove to be a competetion to the Swifts, i20s, Polos & the Liva's. and can bring in the much expected sales for Fiat. Linea Classic can compete with Dzire & Amaze whereas the new Linea can lock horns with City, Vento and the likes. Hope the sales charts for all Fiat products go northwards from hereon.
    3 people like this.
  10. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Yes indeed it is heartening to see the 4 fold rise compared to January 2013. There is a lot of discounts being offered for stock clearance and introducing new models maybe..:confused Did the Blue and ME integration, cost a lot of royalty towards MS maybe to begin with? How does such moves help Fiat stay lean in terms of competitive prices in these markets. Agreed there was the Active and Dynamic Versions, but they could have done away with the premiums to keep the car at 6lacs-ish, where majority of buyers are looking at top-end features. More beige interiors are common in cities like Mumbai where people seem to have a taste for it, could such things matter; in markets where i10 too gave the more popular and beloved Swifts a competition. The Palio stile (beige :)) saw some success atleast in Mumbai's executive class in the beginning when sales where too low, but lost out again due to Tata-Fiat service support fiasco.
    Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
    5 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.