1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jagan Mohan Reddy

Jagan Mohan Reddy Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea T-Jet
    According to me, for FIAT to improve their sales, first they have to advertise about the company which they haven't done so far. I can see advertisements only on the products(Linea and Punto). Would anyone who knows nothing about FIAT will ever consider even Linea and Punto as an option. I don't think so.
  2. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    I think India knows a lot about FIat already and that's why their cars don't sell. What they know needs to be undone.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Adding Fiat India June 2014 sales

MonthLineaPuntoTotal
    Jan17812071385
    Feb4208821302
    Mar6648391503
    Apr281547828
    May229571800
    June156645801
    • Linea sales are falling fast, Fiat needs to decide if they want to put 1.6MJD or see slowly Linea dies.
    • Punto is stable, even if the new EVO is about to be launched.

Source - Management Punditz
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    5 people like this.
  4. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    This was what i was told by SA from Vadodara also that Linea is selling very slow and that 1.6 would have definitely been a welcome change.
  5. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    1.6 MJD is a welcome move if it is really planned by FIAT. But think from current perspective based on TAX slab. 1.6 will reach near 13.5 OTR easily ( honda city 13L OTR & VERNA 13.5 OTR in Hyd already). So again who will going to buy ( except couple of drive oriented people). Already 1.3 MJD is 11.60 L OTR.

Now best thing is to reduce as 1.5 MJD which will produce 105 BHP ( Same as 1.6) Torque will be redued to 250-260 ( 1.6 has 290 NM). Then again same 5 gear fiat will provide and again same story. Same features as 1.3. If new features like more airbag, ESP, Hill Hold, 6 gear then price will shoot up more.

Frankly tell me how many people is interested to plonk 13.5-14L for 1.6 ( 1.5 with more features), instead of 1.3 ( with remap of 28-30K).
    1 person likes this.
  6. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    @Suman

Did you take the delivery of your jet. Spotted you driving the Punto still almost a week back near Hitech flyover.
  7. sakartechin

sakartechin Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Its a actual dip in sales or people just waiting for avventura and 2014 punto. :cool:

My view once made the announcement of new cars it should be up for the sale.
  8. pabhishek

pabhishek Esperto

Oslo
    Pune
    Linea T-Jet
    Well, the sales are nothing to write home about. I dont understand why fiat is not advertising EVO.(Or did they started?) If punto gets a good start, it will give a positive rubbing effect to Linea, Avventura. Fingers Crossed.

Dont want to see such a gorgeous product such as linea to die soon.
  9. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    The comparison by people is a lot with Rapid/Vento etc. for providing 1.6 versions. Having more CC maybe required for MUVs etc.

It could be touted as wishful thinking at best I agree, but better gearbox and better engines at about 1.4-5 capacity could have solved mid-term needs for the line-up. Lets wait and see, in time we may see developments if more distinct products are there in pipeline warranting these needs.

Maybe providing 2-airbags only as per some competition's cars could have been the answer to keep prices in check. Fiat owners cannot be blamed really for asking more HP especially when some cars deliver better power across all RPMs. At similar CCs I would like to believe that MJD could outperform Dacia's 1.5 while offering slight more FE too. The only engine I would compete it with.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I guess the Punto numbers include the new EVO dispatches to the dealers as well. :)

- - - Merged Post - - -

Couldn't agree more. A better gearbox in the current 1.3 MJD itself would do for Linea. 1.6 or 1.5 or 1.9, it is more to do with the marketing.

On a side note, I am completely satisfied with the power and performance of Linea MJD after driving 65000 kms. Note that I still have stock map Linea. :)
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.