1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I can vouch for the FASS at Salem. By far, the most friendly FASS I have seen till now. :)

But remember, Ramkay is also not bad. I recently did the Timing and Clutch kit replacement at Ramkay. Totally satisfied with their work.
  2. khurshid

khurshid Timido

Tuticorin
    Its really a pathetic performance from Fiat. A facelift selling just 200 odd numbers! Come on man, you got to do better than that.

There might be some serious flaw in their marketing department, However, the whole company is to be blamed for not bringing the 1.6L MJD since it would have attracted both the existing customers as well as the prospective buyers. Fiat have missed an opportunity this year. They can still make some good numbers this year if they launch the Avventura in two engine options 1.3MJD and 1.6MJD.

Also Fiat needs to educate their dealer's sales team. Recently, a friend of mine TD'ed a Linea. He found that the steering to be a bit tight and could hear some noise coming from the steering assy. He enquired the SA about it and that good guy just replied him that this exists in all Fiat cars!!! My friend, bought a Skoda Rapid instead.
  3. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    MY cousin looking for a Hundai Verna fluidic replacement...

Considered Linea ..impressed but because of 1.3 he rejected it
  4. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    I have both of them if your cousin is looking for good highway car then he should go for Linea.
    yes, the output of 1.3 MJD is less compared to 1.6 CRDI but its not that bad. Linea doesnot require any planned overtaking on highway there is power available as per your requirement.

for your reference comparison is here :
    My Two Beauties: Hyundai Verna and Fiat Linea
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
    3 people like this.
  5. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    He is obsessed with Verna's power though in city conditions..
  6. Pheonix

Pheonix Timido

Chennai
    Some other manufacturer like suzuki or GM use fiat 1.6 and do good number fiat may wake up .
    Also same for AMT.
    FIAT is not aligned to the customers requirment.
    probably a deaf and blind steteotype is making descisions at fiat.

Sent from my GT-S7582 using Tapatalk
  7. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    The mindset of people are changing slowly and will take little time but meanwhile Fiat has to hold ground and put the house in order to reap long term benefits.

Linea and Punto were well accepted when in 2009 the car was launched even though fiat had bad name in India I think this is the last chance they have in India.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

The only advantage in Indian city traffic is for any car with auto transmission- from the drivers perspective. Otherwise, you may have a 200bhp engine under the hood, its only good up to the next traffic signal:sad1.

So I dont understand this obsession with city driving power at all. I have a Linea TJet and a Micra CVT, in Pune traffic I find both equally adept, the Micra CVT even more comfortable from driver comfort perspective. So please ask him not to reject a car on the basis of 93bhp vs 126bhp. Those numbers are meaningless in the ultimate comparision of equals. The Verna is not going to get him any faster to a destination than the Linea.
    1 person likes this.
  9. dadasaheb

dadasaheb Regolare

Pune
    MH 12 (Ranjangaon)
    Linea 1.3
    there is only one way to reach your destination faster in Pune is to have a scooter or bike, journey time is 25 % less for sure, and can overtake all the cars from Alto/nano to JLR/Merc/BMW:D
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  10. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Linea's 1.3 has adequate power for highway use whereas Verna's 1.6 128 hp is not used fully on highways because it starts to float after 100 km/h & Linea has better drivability in city than Verna in which we need to downshift a lot because of Verna's long gearing.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.