1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. prabhjot

prabhjot Esperto

delhi ncr
    The site 'Management Punditz' has the May 2014 sales figures out. Linea: 221 odd, and the Punto 545 odd.

Before we start despairing a few points to consider: the Rapid and the Vento and even the verna are all down 20-35% or more. It seems then that the SUV craze (Ecosport + duster +Terrano) has sqeezed the market size for C2 sedans, to which is added the ridiculous craze for the new but inferior Honda City! IMO the C2 sedan segment is seeing the beginnings of what has happened to the D-segment sedans: sqeezed out from SUVs on the one hand and the new jazzed up sub-4m C1on the other.

The Punto is OK given that a new one will be here in a month or so.

Fiat clearly needs the 1.5/1.6 mjd on the Linea ASAP: most Linea sales appear to be of the T-jet. And the Avventura must come around the festive season.

Fiat need to market the Linea in a more 'desi' way: i.e., by being loud, brash, boastful, maybe even hire a bollywood celebrity or a cricketer? The philosophical 'if you still like driving...' launch ad for the new Linea is way too subtle and thoughtful for the average Indian car buyer.

Having said that, IMO the Linea will not sell too much more than this, NO MATTER what Fiat does, such is the SUV+Honda City craze.

Punto+Avventura is where redemption lies (alongwith the Tata-Fiat JV produced Zest and Bolt.)
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
    4 people like this.
  2. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Amatore

Fiat needs to get innovative in everything right from products to service and marketing. Fiat as a brand needs a massive push. Hope the new punto and avventura help Fiat in more sales.;)

Sent from my iris504Q using Tapatalk
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Adding Fiat India May 2014 sales

• Linea sales doesn't look to have any impact with new Launch.
    • Punto is also struggling, new Punto launch date is nearing, so could be the reason.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
  4. Bala

Bala Esperto

Fiat gets only what it deserves,it's poor sales certainly has reasons and is justified.
    Today my Linea broke down in the middle of the highway on a sunny afternoon,only because the Puduchery service centre did not change the clutch assembly kit inspite of my insisting and pleading them to do that when the car went there for 60 k kms service a couple of months back and as a result my clutch wire snapped, oil leaked and I was stranded.
    Waste of money,time and the car has to be taken back some how to the service centre.
    Looking at the 800 odd people who bought new Fiat cars, am only sympathetic towards them, for me, I would not even touch another Fiat car even remotely with a barge pole and if someone asks my advice,I'll ask them to buy some other tin car which has better after sales service.
  5. jumu

jumu Superiore

The new fiat TV ad is the best i have seen from fiat. Real lively and colourful . See for yourself and you will know how I felt.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Bala, have you changed your clutch before ?. If not 60K is more than the average life expectancy of the clutch and they should have listened to you. Buy the new linea. Its nice and stunning in real:))

6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Why would a service center not take business when they getting it, thats strange.No body knows when a mechanical part which has completed its life will fail.My clutch lasted me for almost 80000 kms and still all mechanics (best guys I know) including the service center guy said its ok.So if i would had continued with it it would have failed at some time or other and thats understood.Still I got it changed (just instructing them on phone /with out me pleading to them) and could feel sizable difference in the pick and car has become more smooth.

Fiat low sales is largely because of its past and bad management/decisions.Now tell if u want good service people vouch for only Maruti cars and I dont think at a particular status (monetary or social) u will buy Maruti cars .All others are same with small difference here and there.
  7. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    A small analysis with the numbers announced for May 2014.

1. Average sales per dealership (116 dealerships as per Fiat India's homepage)

• For the current month - 7 units which is appalling.
    • YTD average sales per dealership per month - 10 units which is still appalling.
    2. The stocks of current Linea still existing with heavy discounts and no significant discounts for the new Linea, the numbers are dismal

3. The New Punto scheduled to launched next month, the lower number for May is understandable.

Year on year comparison

2014 Vs 2013.jpg

Hatch Back Market Share

Hatchback Market Share.jpg

Sedan Market Share

Sedan Market Share.jpg
    8 people like this.
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

No Abdul,I had not had my clutch assembly kit changed so far till 67k kms.
    Yes I knew that the clutch was well past it's life, but the ignorant service guys who are just out of a polytechnic or an ITI college do not know that.At least FIAT or the service manager at the service centre should have taught these guys to go through the manual.
    I simply copied Ravi ji's 60 k service bill and asked them to change all that was done in his car including clutch assembly kit and timing belt but none was changed.I repeatedly asked the guy to do that over phone, but just the fluids were changed and the car was sent back after an important 60 k kms service.
    Maybe they did not have spares or they did not know to change.
    How will the sales number increase when even the existing customer can not be confident about the quality of service?
    Buy another new Linea again , well, why not, the car has saved my parents and me in 2 difficult accidents, touch wood,so maybe yes.
    4 people like this.
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

OT: Sorry to hear the unfortunate clutch failure, Bala. Even in case of my erstwhile Linea, I was advised against replacement of timing belt stating that it had a life of 1 lakh km! But, I insisted on replacement of all belts as stipulated in the owner's handbook. My erstwhile Linea did not get breakdown even once in 4 years and 4 months of my ownership. I suggest, you take your Linea to The True Sai Motorss, Salem, for all mandatory replacements including clutch kit. Sorry for going OT in this sales thread.
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2014
    5 people like this.
  10. Bala

Bala Esperto

Thanks a lot Raviji for sparing your valuable time and giving me a valuable advice.
    Yes, I should try the Salem service centre, if Pondicherry is 44 km, Salem is just another 100 kms extra.
    About the clutch cable snapping, I was told by the Pondicherry service centre today that it was due to the faulty clutch slave cylinder and they don't have stocks of clutch assembly kit and would procure from Pune in a week.
    A request to Mods, you should allow off topic discussions at times please,it helps
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.