1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    The problem with Indian market is people blindly follow Brand image and Herd mentality. People go to 10 different shops to select a Jeans worth 2000 rupees and try different designs, but sadly for buying a 10 lakh sedan they just enter into One showroom and book it rather test driving all the available options in that segment. Also for some reason, Auto magazines too doesn't seem to talk much about FIAT cars when comparing different cars in a particular segment. Also, the final verdict of most Auto magazines are just Bullish. Say for example, Honda City has 5 positive points and 7 negative points, Rapid has 7 positive points and 5 negative points, it doesn't matter to them, their final verdict will be 'City has good brand value and a good nononsense family sedan, and so we select City as the winner'. I am perplexed many times in seeing the comments and final verdict of these Auto magazine goose monkeys..
    Last edited: May 8, 2014
    3 people like this.
  2. vamshi_g86

vamshi_g86 Timido

Bangalore
  3. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    I guess Linea's sales may be down because of production issues & some dealers not ordering cars from plant IMO
    Punto's sales are down because of new one coming out next month,i guess many members here & people are waiting for 1.6 to come in New Linea so for this reason Linea's sales may be down.
  4. jackharrisw

jackharrisw Amatore

Chennai
    Sorry guys,Completely offtopic. Any Fiatians have answers for the below question.What made FIAT to get into a joint venture with Premier Automobiles Limited and leave India when the sales of Fiat cars in India were all time best in late 70s? What made them rebadge FIAT 1100 into a Premier car? Seriously, this act of FIAT is the sole reason for its crumpled Brand image in India and still people associate FIAT with Premier Padmini. The joint venture between FIAT and Premier has hurt its Brand image more than anything else. I m damn sure, even today 80 % people in India think of FIAT as a small Indian manufacturer who manufactured Premier Padmini still year 2000.
    Last edited: May 10, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  5. XLR8er

XLR8er Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    True that jack.
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    I do agree, peeople still now think Fiat as the Padmini company known as PAL.
    One of my cousin who is zero in automobiles,
    when i said, i took a FIAT, he said fine, but when he saw me in Punto, he asked me, you did not get your fiat today, whose is this imported car, I just pointed my finger to the steering wheel (FIAT), he was :eek:
  7. sudipz

sudipz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Isn't a brand for the mass .. It's for a select few having brains and enthusiasm :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    1 person likes this.
  8. sudipz

sudipz Amatore

Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Linea T-Jet
    Adding "heart" ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat has to hold ground to make the Indians mindset change.Will take little time as this time they also played blunder by joining Tatas.
  10. vista7155

vista7155 Regolare

bangalore
    One thing which i have noticed is Fiat is giving every week Add on the newspaper but i am not seeing aggressive sales stalls for displaying the cars.
    for instance 4 to 5 months back when maruthi(automobile industry) was struggling to sell the car. usually i use to see the sales stalls were there for every weekend near the major eat out points,near the IT Companies and Bank premises giving very good offer for exchange.
    Why can't fiat dealers can do this it may increase their sales to 10% on monthly basis and will get good marketing as people will come to know more about the vehicle.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.