1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. santhukp

santhukp Amatore

Bangalore
    Seems like New Linea is flop show for Fiat.i doubt fiat is able to bring new customers(not existing loyal fiatians) with these models.
    Last edited: May 6, 2014
  2. ankujsharma

ankujsharma Timido

Mumbai
    Borivali
    Linea 1.3
    I disagree... I am the example!!! :)... Wanted to buy a Japanese one but converted to New Linea after test driving it and believe me its an awesome car.. I am sure figure will improve post elections once the new government establishes .... All sectors are down in april , just awaiting election results...
    3 people like this.
  3. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    But People have to test drive first :).They straight away buy Honda City just like APPLE IPHONE no matter how better options are available in the market.This is it sadly and as you said there will be improvement but not IMPROVEMENT :(.
  4. CarJoker

CarJoker Amatore

Bengaluru
    Overall sales for cars is down. As far as Punto goes, most of the Puntos i have seen are Emotion. Fiat needs to focus on Active/Dynamic and do some upgrade.
  5. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3
    One of the biggest problems with fiat is getting the test drive. In most dealerships they don't even bother to call you back after promising a test drive. You will have to visit the dealership and beg for getting a test drive. :(:mad:
    I know some of my friends dropped punto and linea out just because of the dealership response.
    Unless a customer happens to interact with one of the few good SAs or has good knowledge of cars and keeps pestering them, there is a very high chance might not even be able to get a test drive.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  6. kuppuraj.murugesan

kuppuraj.murugesan Timido

Bangalore, Erode
    Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Fiat April Month sales...

ModelApr-13Apr-14 YOY Growth %
    Punto 294 547 86%
    Linea 97 281 190%
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
  7. Himanshukumar

Himanshukumar Amatore

BANGALORE
    Bengaluru
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Al-though numbers are less for fiat... But Fiat showing growth in his own way.. Comparing their dismal last few years.. Every month YoY is increaing in many fold.....

If Fiat just try to introduce at-least two new models by year end..... I think with in two - three years Fiat at-least start competing with some of the major player in India Auto Scene....
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 27, 2014
  8. jaggu916

jaggu916 Novizio

Coimbatore
    decent year on year numbers, dont loose heart people, monsoon, elections, economy, are some factors pulling back the automotive sector. will improve soon.
  9. pbraghavan

pbraghavan Timido

ahmedabad
    It is not easy to change Indian mindset.People blindly go after brand image,knowing little about the technical and safety features. Most people still associate FIAT with Premier Padmini.
    FIAT has indeed made a good marketing effort. New dealerships may not be still well equipped to deal with customers.
    I have a three year old LINEA Emotion. The only problem with the car was the low ground clearance.
    Recently I enhanced the clearance with the conversion kit and I am extremely happy now.

I did a 550km drive last week on a single day and the experience was fantastic.
    It is a rock solid car and has best VFM in its class.

One good point to note is that FIAT is leading the Year on Year chart for last several months now.
    2 people like this.
  10. rags

rags Timido

Pune
    Fiat.jpg

YOY % seems to be very good!!!
    3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.