1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    I think poor marketing at grass root level is hampering.
  2. shashanknathani

shashanknathani Superiore

I assume the slow economical growth and election the sales were less for almost all companies barring few vehicles. April was always the bad month for manufactureres and this year was no different.

If we compare the sales with last year they are good and Linea is typically competing with likes of Sunny, Scala, Rapid and Vento.. where it has a reasonable number. It was never a competition to City or Verna (due to Honda and Hyudai brand value in India)

Punto sales went down due to the news related to new Punto but still the car did 500+ number which is not the case for majority of the vehicles in the market for 5 years. Punto is doing good given the fact that it waas launched in mid 2009 and no change was done to it since then.
  3. mahesh.bandel

mahesh.bandel Amatore

Grande Punto 1.3
    Tired of writing words of affection now. Only affectionate Fans cannot make a company run needs to be understood by FIAT!
    3 people like this.
  4. pdash

pdash Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Unless they bring new segments vehicle to competition, they cannot regain the confidence of customer. They should learn from Ford/Renault
  5. ASNM

ASNM Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Disappointed with Linea numbers, was expecting atleast 500-600.
    A good product marred by poor brand image.
    Last edited: May 6, 2014
  6. Ravi_M

Ravi_M Regolare

Linea 1.3
    In my view, the dealers are not taking interest to revive sales. I have seen other brands arrange public events, such as car-rally and display at malls. But that needs some investment. If the dealer has no competition and has more than one brand under its dealership, and there is general slump in market, the enthu is totally gone. The dealer at Indore deals in Tata, Jaguar, Land rower and Fiat, so why bother. I remember the same dealer arranged a millage-rally of Indica cars in 2003. I also find very little advertisement. All this must follow the launch of ungraded version like Linea 2014. I do my part by telling friends and colleagues about the new car. Lets us hope for the best.
  7. mnranjeeth

mnranjeeth Amatore

Punto Evo 1.3
    The Linea numbers seem to be disappointing! Hope this is due to some production issues and not low demand.
    The reduction in the punto numbers could be due to reduction/stoppage of production due the arrival of the new facelift!
  8. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    I am yet to see a newspaper add of the new Linea, let alone a full page one!
    These numbers are definitely disappointing, period! I can still understand Punto doing lesser numbers with the rumors of the new model around the corner but I guess with the Linea, it all boils down to the 1.6MJD and the interior space.
    Also, I do not buy this argument of 1.6 being costly. Verna has a 1.6 and so does the Rapid and Vento. On top of that Verna offers a host of features that Linea lacks. Can't really understand how FIAT works at times. Also, its high time they improve the gearing of their cars. The 77 PS City did not feel sluggish but a 90 PS Linea does. A 68 PS Fiesta with a mere 160 NM torque felt much faster than the 93 PS Linea.
    FIAT needs to get their act together!
    Last edited: May 6, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Adding Fiat India Apr 2014 sales

• So whatever jump we saw was due to dealer's dispatch, for Linea. Its huge cut for Linea.
    • Punto sales coming down, but since new launch is getting nearer, a dip is expected.
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2014
    5 people like this.
  10. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Amatore

Absolutely disappointing numbers! All the best Fiat

Sent from my iris504Q using Tapatalk
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.