1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales Thread (2014)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    A small bit of analysis from my side for March numbers.

Sales Analysis - 1.jpg

Sales Analysis - 2.jpg

Sales Analysis - 3.jpg
    12 people like this.
  2. acechip

acechip Superiore

The uptick in Linea 2014 numbers really begs a question as to why the MJD1.6 was not introduced as part of the facelift. I see comparo reviews of Honda City 2014 with Verna 2014, Linea is not even in discussion in any comparo. Had the 1.6 been introduced, at least it would have given the auto journals something new to think about. Even TJet, as we speak, is old hat by now.
  3. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    Great job nkrishnap,

Do you or anyone else have the data of no. of petrol vs diesel sales in hatchbacks (semi premium+non-premium) and C+ sedans. It would provide a much better insight on what consumers at large are buying. Looking at Hyundai's success in sedans, even Maruti should be weary of Hyundai, I guess. Why can't they ensure success in sedans remains a mystery.

As far as our beloved Fiat is concerned, maybe they are contended with engine sales presence, more than car sales. Cleary that seems to be their area of dominance which they will loose easily should some other manufacturer step up their game in a similar way. They can be well compared to Sony's Camera division. While Sony provides sensors for professional cameras for reputed brands, they seem to botch-up the math somehow to sell their own labeled DSLRs.

- - - Merged Post - - -

That's a question that keeps bugging a good no. of Fiat owners. I don't think that many first timer buyers can understand what an engine like 1.6mjd can do to the Linea until they appreciate what a 1.3mjd is capable of. They need not have bought the 1.6mjd for urban use. They could use the same MJD platform to produce a 1.5 variant of engine line-up and the likes of Maruti and Tata would still be happy to plonk it in their newer breeds of cars. The 1.6mjd in it's most powerful avatar could be imported and sold at slight premium only for Fiat exclusive cars like novo Linea and people would still buy those.

The mass markets need to match the Cubic Capacity popular in each segment of vehicles. You can't change mass mindset since Fuel Efficiency will always be considered for the specific engine cubic capacity. They got to compete with the Japanese and Koreans in engine capacity, like a 1.5ltr for 1.4 and 1.5 and like wise.
    1 person likes this.
  4. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    If they could bring back the Novo Palio and Siena in 2 variants only, they will still be a great competition. The only problem with Novo Palio and Novo Siena is that they are still are a lot more car to be priced too aggressively. I think for competition with Datson Go, the novo Uno would be a much better candidate. They just ruined the names of UNO and Siena. Palio still has some soft corner even amongst not Fiat buyers.

I very much agree with your comment on 500 Abarth also. :D
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
    2 people like this.
  5. acechip

acechip Superiore

I was talking more from a product differentiation perspective. Bringing in 1.6 MJD on the Linea will propel it into a different league. Nowadays, anyone from the Chevy Sail to Dzire to Tata Zest and Manza are being sold with the 1.3MJD. MAybe they can keep the 1.3MJD exclusively for the Punto, and 1.6MJD for the Linea.
  6. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    Any news on the sales figures for April?
    I am not very optimistic as I haven't seen a single new Linea on the road till date.
  7. miteshpunjani

miteshpunjani Amatore

vadodara-gujarat
    I am hopeful of a number in range of 1600's. I have seen three new Lineas in Vadodara and some puntos as well.

Sent from MY GP
  8. Ichimaru

Ichimaru Regolare

Gurgaon, India
    I find it a little strange that its already the 5th of the month and no one has any information regarding the FIAT sales figures for April.
    Someone please spill the beans; the wait is kind of killing me!
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    4 people like this.
  10. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    Very Disappointing :(.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.