1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales discussion (2013)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Great to see Bangalore and Chennai leading the chart.
  2. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Good to see both the Chennai dealers in top 5 :-D
    1 person likes this.
  3. kuppuraj.murugesan

kuppuraj.murugesan Timido

Bangalore, Erode
    Bangalore
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Good to see 1000+ volumes of Fiat after a long time...Nice to southern cities performing well in that volume.
    Eargerly waiting to see 5000+ volumes and more dealers in 2/3 tier cities also..
  4. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    600x340xCar-Sales-August-2013-Main.jpg.pagespeed.ic.lfRuCDEEVB.jpg

Technically Fiat is having only 2 Cars on shelve to sell. I shall give 12th slot to Fiat :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:
    4 people like this.
  5. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Can we know the basis for the rankings? Was it done by Fiat India or a third party consultancy? Surprised to see sole Mumbai dealer in the south dominated list. Not that I am glad but makes me wonder what do they do differently to feature in top 5.
  6. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai

Once a person has decided to go for something which his mind dictates and he is aware that someone else is also watching his moves, then the reason they give for such a move will sometimes be very vague, but then one has to respect the choice of the person who will be parting with his money and will need to live his decision for quite a number of years.
    I personally feel that the interior is not a deal breaker when you look at the overall aspects of the Punto, but then all know how dated it is but still it is nicer design wise, than many others on offer IMO.

Abdul
    3 people like this.
  7. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    Comparing Amaze against Punto is firstly not correct. Amaze is built by Honda in a different mindset - to cater all Indians those who think that Interior space is big enough or power/mileage figures are appealing enough to the eyes(not to mind) for the money they spend. They succeeded! Punto is bought by a different set of buyers in India - who thinks that driving pleasure comes ahead of things like how brighter the interior will be .. or the number of cup holders, blah blah! FIAT can do of course modernize the interiors and doesn't need to stick to the current ones - which I hope we will see in the coming months.
    1 person likes this.
  8. acechip

acechip Superiore

Its not like the other cars offer sophisticated gadgetry in the inside. Cars like Swift, Dzire, did not even have MID until 2012..Still dont offer bluetooth AFAIK.

Just to compare with Swift, Polo, I20, what exactly in the Punto interior looks dated ? Lets look at deal breakers, not small things like "AC vents" or "stereo knobs" etc.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2013
  9. vayfiat

vayfiat Amatore

Bangalore
    i20 is the only car that is better than FIAT in interiors. Well planned access switches/levers/storage everywhere. Even though it is comparatively sportier than all others, FIAT has got to be friendly with Indian users a bit - though you call it Sports/90hp or whatever. It is time to make a move FIAT :) Saying this, still, all other qualities of the car outweigh its interiors.

- - - Merged Post - - -

The deal breakers - No next/previous switch for music player on the dashboard. This keeps my wife irritated. Lack of a proper bottle holder. USB drive slot's weird placement.
    1 person likes this.
  10. acechip

acechip Superiore

I dunno, just handling the sheer weight of Linea/Punto's door frame is a deal breaker wrt other cars .but maybe thats just me..And am not even getting into the Ride and Handling factors..which Punto is considerably superior to other hatches..
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.