1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales discussion (2013)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aceman82

Aceman82 Timido

next ntibedm
    It is not only Fiat but even Scoda seems to have poor numbers even after the launch of the New Octavia and having lot more product diversity and having a 1.6 litre engine which everyone here is asking.

A normal car buyer does not go in-depth into the engine capacity or BHP since technically Ecosport, Dezire and host of other cars has similar or less power.

What they care about is Resale value since most of my friends whom I had persuaded to take a look into a Fiat finally bought a Maruthi purely from a Resale point of view (They loved everything from the Thud, Engine,Space, Pedals..etc) since being in IT one has no clue if he/she would be in same city for any fixed amount of time and moving between cities with RTO rules is not an appealing prospect. Fiat is worth peanuts in Re-sale market and with our mentality of Car being an investment does not help matters.

The only people who buys Fiat's are people who can either keep the car with Family when moving outside the state or with deep pockets , preferably both :evilsmile.

So while 1.6 MJD might move the sales of Linea at-least to some 600 from the current 300 it is not going to be the Dezire of the market without which economies of scale would not work in favour of the car or the manufacturer.
  2. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Linea 1.3
    Sounds true, hopefully it will take more time than 5 years to reduce the gap. Diesel affects everything, passenger cars are the least of worries for the government. Subsidy is ultimately tax payers money and it is a rub in the face like the food security bill, a decision that affects the taxpayer the most.

Sent from my MMA50 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  3. saugatchandra

saugatchandra Novizio

Navi Mumbai
    According to oil marketing firms, under-recovery in the case of diesel at present market situation i.e. international crude prices, usd exchange rates etc is about inr 9/ltr at the moment. there fore diesel prices will never equal that of petrol. however this equation may change drastically say with changes in above factors.
  4. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Instead of going to total volume of sales, lets concentrate on segment numbers and market share.

Punto 2.2% over 6 months, Swift: ~48%, Polo: ~ 8.5%, I-20: ~17%, Liva 6.7%, Micra : 4.1%

Lets forget Swift, I don't think anyone can touch that. But Punto has to beat Micra and compete with Polo and Liva at least. I don't think I-10Grand is a real competitor to Punto.

Linea 3% over 3 months.

Verna: 42%, City: 7.2%, Rapid: 11.7%, Vento : 18.7%

With new City in pipeline, their market share will increase for sure, and I would like to have Classic Vs Linea numbers though we all can guess that classic is not contributing much.

Therefore, Linea needs to give the competition to Rapid and Vento asap as Verna is a distance dream for everyone. I met many people who were undecided among Vento-Rapid-Linea. So competition is here and Fiat needs to pull those towards their side. Number will look better then.
  5. shams

shams Esperto

right:) i missed that point!
    even for the diesel subsidy to go away it will take 18 months with the current strategy.
  6. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

you never know and I am not surprised if the petrol prices reach 100 mark in next 18-24 months.
  7. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Fiat is thinking long term game plan.
    Same happened with Nissan /Renault, after launching many products there is a pressure on them for service and spares.

And Fiat is also engaged in supplying engines to others.

If we include engine sales, Fiat will be at least 4th.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Courtesy Biju Jose from Team Fiat Moto club in facebook.

dealer rank.JPG
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
    2 people like this.
  9. C_S

C_S Amatore

Absolutely, i think they must first improve the Fiat Brand Image by improving the Sales and Service aspects. But i think that Fiat Brand has taken such a beating that it would need strategy out of the blue to restore it. They can look at using the Chrysler brand instead as some of their new launches will be from the Chrysler stable.
  10. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Does the Customer complaints mentioned in the parameter include the numbers or resolvment? Instead of Customer complaints, Fiat should use the words Customer Satisfaction in % which will give a much better picture.

BTW where does Fiat list the top dealers? Dont the customers have any say in this rankings?
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.