1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales discussion (2013)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mchanna

mchanna Superiore

Pune
    Force's main source is Trax and Traveller!
  2. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    This time after many months Fiat's MOM sales has decreased & its mostly due to year end.1005 units is not good for Fiat,they should need to bring in volume selling Fiat cars next year to increase their volumes & achieve more market share in India.I think they wont achieve their target of garnering 1% market share by the end of this year,currently they have 0.51% market share whereas Force has 0.61% market share.
  3. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

Hyderabad
    IMHO, changing the mouthwatering 1 lakh offer and making the same to 70k + Absolute pack offer for Lineas had some impact.
    2 people like this.
  4. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    I believe the spike in last month numbers were due to two reasons.

1. Festive season.
    2. Shipment of Linea Classics to the dealers. - 70 odd dealers X 2 test drive vehicles gives you around 140 odd vehicles ;)

Now with all these being factory off take, the retail sales is any ones guess. But Bangalore still does 100+ vehicles on a month on month basis. But November and December are not the months where retail sales are something to write home about either. Actually surprised to see FIAT was indeed able to invoice 1000+ vehicles in November.

@ Nadeem - Bringing models just at the wink of an eye is not that easy. economies of scale, pricing, production line flexibility, vendor development, testing, ARAI certification are to name a few hurdles that any company has to cross before launching a model. Having enthusiastic customers is one thing and a company surviving just due to these customers is completely different. With the numbers that FIAT is doing, they would be happy to cover some of their overhead costs. :A
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  5. maverick

maverick Amatore

Overall, looks like Fiat's Linea Classic exercise was not a financial success. If you look at the charts, the Linea sales has not seen much change even after the Classic model was introduced. New models has to come in fast, and also they should be relevant for the Indian public, even then its going to be a really slow progress for Fiat.
    1 person likes this.
  6. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    I read the same and felt that only Fiat lovers know that Fiat enjoys the current situation better than the non Fiatians ! As I expected ,the saturation period starts now and it may not see a serious hike in sales until they introduce Evo or New Linea. They should have retained the 1L exchange bonus instead of this accessory pack as Kiran pointed above.

Hi Krishna, but still Honda was able to bring a complete new car Amaze ,New City and about to bring Mobilio as well !!! Same as with some other manufacturers..Apart from the reasons said above ,we all know that Fiat is too slow&lazy in bringing new models;) ..Even most of us felt Linea classic wont sell and so we cant expect the public to buy a half boiled vehicle when new fresh models out there in the market.It can never be bought either by the public nor for the taxi segment..Also ,there is no single ownership review for the classic and I fear it may never appear ! Poor move by Fiat to me :( and it is time that they SHOULD bring new models early next year or else this thread may get sadden further:confused:
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
  7. multijetter

multijetter Regolare

Mumbai
    Fiat is having average sales numbers along-with two models only and also due to heavy slowdown in the market.

I think Fiat will sell good no. of cars in 2014.
    Fiat have to concentrate on customer relationship and they have to generate expiriance and awareness towards the brand from their existing customers and prospective customers also. It is a very slow process and once they will be confident which car to launch....the wonder will happen.

But for this we have to wait till 2015. ALL THE BEST FIAT::T
    1 person likes this.
  8. asimpleson

asimpleson Esperto

Heptanesia
    Linea 1.3
    AFAIK, as per current market needs, both Urban and semi-urban needs, they need one 1.6mjd sedan and one 2.0ltrs SUV atleast. They are lacking both for now.
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Linea 1.3
    Like I mentioned earlier, the numbers matter a lot before a business case is signed off. In Fiat's case all these are a lot more difficult to achieve than what Honda is doing, say a new car is to be launched? Which platform? Existing or new? What target market? what price point? etc etc.

With Honda, Amaze is based on the Brio and the new city and the Mobilio/Jazz and other models shares platforms. More importantly, Honda has the brand recall to rake in numbers to justify new investment and launches. But its the opposite in the case of Fiat, its a viscious circle that they need to get out of and will take time. Fiat will do more harm, if they simply launch 5-6 models and not able to handle the volumes be it sales or service.
    4 people like this.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    where did you hear that news Pran?
    as per the current diesel and petrol prices, there is a difference of Rs 19.54 (bangalore). with the current strategy of increasing diesel price by a maximum of 50p/month and assuming petrol prices are more or less constant, it will take another 39 months.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.