1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales discussion (2013)

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Sep 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What's making me worried is the stagnant sale of PUNTO.724,781,737,764---for last 4 months.There is not a single PUNTO specific TVC or ad.
    PUNTO surely deserves better number(2000-3000) than this.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Fiat and we have to understand a point. Fiat is not a mass seller currently and just they should try to make some consistent numbers.

Look at Skoda, they have 6 products in their portfolio and still they are making only 2k+ numbers.
  3. jaggu916

jaggu916 Novizio

Coimbatore
    right, fiat has 2 but 2 good products with very thoughtout variants and a hardcore followers, who will start buying slowly as confidence builds up with standalone fiat delaler-service network. Tata tie up was the biggest putoff...
  4. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Hello guys here is graphical representation of FIAT India sales figures for year 2013. Break up with TATA Motors has shown some results and people are considering FIAT as an option and I think Punto n Linea are in wish list of potential customers.

Thanks to festive season, Linea Classic & Linea Tjet for steep growth in sales number.

Linea Tjet showing its charm & it is reflected in sales chart. 145 units of Linea petrol against 77 Petrol Linea in September 2013. :up

Punto petrol is not helping FIAT India and now it need something better here. (Tjet Punto :confused::clap:firey)

Punto Diesel sales numbers are steady past few however FIAT need to start marketing again. I neither saw a dedicated ad of Punto in festive season a nor Linea's.

Can someone arrange a breakup of Punto n Linea petrol vs diesel numbers for Jan 2013 and Apr 2013)

FIAT oct 2013.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
    9 people like this.
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Rightly said bro.Punto's sales are stagnant for past few months.There isnt a single Punto specific ad on TV to boost its sales more.Only Linea's ad's are on air in TV.Punto deserves 2k-3k numbers.
  6. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    I don't have any statistical data to back up, but, I feel across the auto segment, the major chunk of purchasing has been done by second time buyers. These are people buying "bigger cars" rather than first timer opting for hatch backs. It could be due to this reason there are targeted ads for Linea Classic which to a price conscious buyer offer "badi gaadi" for the price of a chhoti gaadi.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    Just my two cents
    We would love to have the split between Linea Classic and the Linea won't we.

My guess (a big guess) is it is not doing as well expected. If it is not doing well then it is simply because I feel urban India has moved away from the badi gaadi concept, if the badi gaadi concept worked then the I 20 wouldn't be selling the way it is and the Sunny would be topping the charts. This particular segment wants the interiors to look premium and feel special (read beige) and wants all the possible features. The Classic fails in comparison to the amaze and swift desire (I know I will be clobbered for writing this) and the most importantly the car maker should be present in the mind space of the customers in non-urban areas (Tier 2 &3 cities).

Fiat should stop rebadging & face-lifting models; we need products to add some life into the brand. For me Fiat would do far better if they offer products which appeal to the heart, how about the 500L taking on the likes of the Ertiga. If they actually do it, I would like the one in yellow- my better half has been eyeing it for quite some time now ;)
    If only wishes were horses…..
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  8. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    This is good to know that Linea number's are also climbing. May be due to Emotion diesel & TJet most. FIAT need to think their Classic model refresh too in next year as this model is not giving any big jump as they expected, It's almost 2 months now, after nov it will give clear forecast for classic. Most Linea buyer are purchasing either MJD Emotion/Dynamic or TJET ( though no clear number here with each model).
  9. bharath

bharath Regolare

Coimbatore
    I second each and every point.''split,Classic not doing as expected,stop rebadging,Classic fails in comparison,500L,yellow" -> I just tell these words to myself :rolleyes:always.How about we all resign our jobs and apply for Fiat administration in India:boxer
    1 person likes this.
  10. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Only Linea's Top variants are selling Dynamic & Emotion MJD or T-jet.Most of the Linea owners go for top of the Line variant of Linea.So Linea Classic being a cut price variant is not selling as expected by Fiat.:(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.