1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marvin patrick gray

marvin patrick gray Amatore

Lucknow
    Yea it is indeed. And did i say it in Chinese ? :confused:
  2. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    This is what the big guns at Fiat India should be thinking when it comes to sales:

Why is it that people are ready to wait 6-8 months for a Swift DDiS , Vento TDi or Hyundai Verna CRDi but are not ready to buy a Punto & Linea MJD off the shelf?

Regarding the Linea, the sales of 365 units says just one thing. The car is breathing it's last and it's all thanks to Fiat's stubbornness in not launching the car with the 1.6L MJD. All cars in the Linea segment have moved on to 1.5 & 1.6L engine's. Today, the Linea is thoroughly outdated in it's segment. Even it's forte of best ride & handling is now under threat with the two European sedan's Vento & Rapid being almost as good as the Linea in these aspects.

Fiat needs to launch the Linea 1.6 MJD & Punto 1.4 T-Jet asap. Punto 1.6L MJd can follow by Diwali time. Fiat cannot afford to follow. They have to lead.
  3. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I disagree amit. 1.6 MJD wouldn't do any wonders too. The problem is very different with Fiat. Whom ever I talk, no one have questioned about the 1.3 or 1.6 MJD. Some even don't know what it is. What they are worried about Fiat is about reliability, A.S.S. and so on. If your view is true, then T-Jet should have done wonders where it outshines City, Verna and all other C-Segment sedans.

Linea, outdated??? No offense meant, but this is outragous to me amit. Linea is still the best looking Sedan than the outdated looks of Vento, Fiesta Classic, and so on and on.
    4 people like this.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Totally agree with you. I just converted 2 friends of mine in buying the linea 2012. None of them ever ask me about the engine or performance. All ask me about the service quality of FIAT and their future. They also ask me about spare part price, servicing cost etc.

When i throw a good analysis at them they somehow tend to bow towards fiat. till date out of the 6-8 people who bought car seeking my advice only 3 of them bought a FIAT :(
  5. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Yeah, even the dealer agreed that the Linea is not selling. It's the Punto that's keeping the sales steady.
  6. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Only one thing can pump up the sales of FIAT cars in India,
    Just give Half page Color Advertisement in Local Newspaper on a Weekly basis for continual 1 Year, rather make up contract with the Newspaper editors, But with different features showing every time, (The main thing is to write the MJD engine used in the following cars ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,)......
    It will works wonders, Hope FIAT-India is reading this.
  7. Ads have their own effect, i do agree. but in the end, with the indian market, you'd have to prove the worth on the road, and in the workshop. On the road is already proven, but without in the workshop, to the indians, on road performance doesn't matter. That is THE way.
  8. linealover

linealover Regolare

Madras
    This is the cost paying by fiat due to their track record, at least with tata they have access to 175 dealership.During UNO period they shut shop and went away after that saga continues in palio period,

what they have done during their own dealership? nothing,there is no clear head to steer the brand.

they were not serious about indian market.that was very huge mistake(case study for others)

now it takes indefinetly large time to recover,that too with huge uncertainty factor.

there is no point in blaming TATA.
  9. FIAT's entire strategy doesnt make sense even to me. Thing is FIAT is undergoing transformation accross the world and soon the brand will be called FIAT-Chrysler.. FIAT has not only saved a sinking ship in chrysler they have made a fast running one...their product pipeline looks very interesting
  10. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore
    no point!!!!!

well this just happened to me today in chennai.
    i went to chennai just for a day as my sister and her husband were getting their first car delivered( punto active), i found two stupid things about tata.

one being the availability of spares- i wanted an air filter and the counter sales(spares) close to anna salai was tafe reach in greems road.
    when i went there, there was no availability of the spare. but the filter for manza was available. i just bought it and was shocked on openeing it. it is the exact same filter with jtd embossed on the orange rubber.

my question is why was it available for manza and not for fiats????( being an original fiat product)

and for the next stupid thing-
    read this- second line onwards

IMG_0112.jpg
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.