1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marvin patrick gray

marvin patrick gray Amatore

Lucknow
    Imagine a plant which can manufacture 1,00,000 cars per annum and is producing only 20,000 odd cars per annum. How do the people at the factory spend their time ? ;-)
    1 person likes this.
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    They spend time finishing the Manzas and of course the engines for Suzuki

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    What is worse is that with all that time on their hand's, they still cannot get the QC right the first time! Imagine the time the assembly line worker's have to make the car's and we still get vehicles with all sorts of loose & badly manufacture'd parts. Maybe it's time for the QC to tighten up tolerances for the part's they are sourcing.
    1 person likes this.
  4. maverick

maverick Amatore

They might not be running all the shifts since the number of cars produced is less. Yes as you said they can do better QC for all the parts that go into the car.
  5. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Even if they are running half a shift, I am sure they have a lot of time on their hands to get things right the first time. There are car makers running full capacity and some more yet churning out error free car's all the time.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

Chennai
    Well, my SA told me that the only place Fiat cuts cost is plastic and rubber and that I just just ignore those two things.
  7. marvin patrick gray

marvin patrick gray Amatore

Lucknow
    I think it's gotta do with the bosses at Fiat. The top officials needs an overhauling, change. There should be someone younger who is more professional, has a vision and target and should be on the same page with www.teamfiat.co.in in terms of what the market demands and thereby meeting their needs. I still can't believe the Maruti sells 20,000+ swifts every month with 90% of them being 1.3 MJD and in a car which has less space and stability than Punto(Swift is more peppy though). Not to mention 10k+ Indica and Vista and Manza and Dezire and SX4 etc. Total 1.3 MJD sold in India is close to 60,000 with only 1500 odd Punto.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    This is totally ridiculous statement again by your SA. Totally immature too. Is he also working as a QC adviser to Fiat?
    I am starting to hate all those who sell Fiat cars at VST.
  9. Its an improvement Bhayya
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Yeah even i feel that the sales figure is gearing up, we need to give some space for the Fiat_India to cope up with.
    Sure the sales will pick up, as the Jan sales was due to the New models of 2012 being shipped to the dealer, But the Feb sale is the fact..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.