1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i think the figure looks good as of now. Fiat could bring in more offers, of course the offers now are pretty good, but to reach out to the public, they need offers that touch the chord of the masses too. Maybe give them one Free service more, while others give only three. More ads, in cities, and in towns. On TV, print media, and virtual media. Roadside shows, displays in malls, what not. And Fiat could touch 4000-4500 in 5-6 months.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    1705 isn't bad, but a lot more needs to be done. Hope, Fiat actively does the marketing and put a full-stop to the predictions made on other forums that Fiat is about to pack its bag.
  3. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

I've already said it earlier and saying it again.

Their sale will not be good untill they are not able to sell cars in Non-Metro cities of India. We see excellent number of Fiat cars in cities like, Mumbai, Pune, B'lore, Chennai & NCR.

Now they need to sell vehicles in non-metro cities and then in small towns etc. It should be well planned and execution should be perfect. Otherwise they have to accept current numbers as good sales figures.
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

I don't see how they can sell in smaller cities when the sales experience in metros is horrifying.
    I am in Chennai and everyday I get a different answer as to when the car will reach Chennai, what will be the final price etc. They need to replace ALL the existing Tata motors sales staff and get a buch that has worked in a MNC brand sales for a year or two, auto industry or any other industry. It costs 30-40K a month to hire a sales guy who can walk the talk. Fiat needs to invest in the people, get them on their payroll. As long as Tata is selling it, we can continue debating the sales figures every month and they are always going to the same.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    You should understand that not all Tata Dealers are bad. Horrifying sales experience is possible with any car dealer in India. Problem is, if it is Fiat, it is taken very seriously. As I told you earlier, you are at a wrong place to buy your car. Just forget about it and enjoy with your Fiat when you get the delivery.

Note that, those who booked for Swift are waiting for more than 5 months and most of the time their enquiry with the dealer goes unanswered. Still, they are happy to wait for that piece of engineering from Maruti.
  6. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

They won't able sell in small towns until and unless they market their product extensively and give good support in small towns. Ppl dont even know that cars like Punto/Linea exists.On a lighter note most of the ppl pronounce swift as "shift":D
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Quality of service, from my experience has been good. But their attitude towards FIAT is really bad. They use FIAT to make as much money as possible as long as the JV exists. To give an example, I was checking the price of catalytic converter of 1.4 BSIV Punto. I got three different quotes from three dealers !
    KHT: 37.5K
    Concorde Diary Circle: 40K (TATA subsidiary)
    KVR Kannur: 19K (multi-brand with separate showrooms for each brand)
    This may be very bad example, but why is there such huge difference in price? Who is looting the customers here? I have written to FIAT asking for the "actual" of the part. I am almost sure I will get a reply saying "check with your dealer/service center for spare part queries"

Hope nobody calls it "Shi(f)t". I have due respect for Maruti because they understand what Indian customer looks for and provides exactly that. And they successfully sell every shi(f)t they make.
    1 person likes this.
  8. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    just 300 odd lineas!! i thing linea sales have hit a dead end with cars like rapid etc. good to see punto performing well.
  9. marvin patrick gray

marvin patrick gray Amatore

1.6 MJD is needed for Linea's resurrection, and God knows why even T-Jet failed to show numbers when Honda sold almost 6000+ Citys this month. Fiat HAS to bring a sub 4 lakh car and may be an SUV/MUV by the mid of this year for survival. Punto needs marketing. And yes, some great salespersons and sales managers have to be hired directly by Fiat.
    1 person likes this.
  10. singh

singh Amatore

Linea sales are suffering due to Nissan Sunny and Skoda Rapid more , Mid variant of linea cost above 9 lac , while others are 90k cheaper . Nissan has just 17 dealers all over india and sold 3000 above Sunny car in Feb , Skoda ASS is 3 times expensive as compared to Linea still selling 3k. Ofcourse 1.3 engine is point of inhibtion for customers ready to pay 10 lac .
    Sad thing is people dont even consider linea and punto while looking for cars, they are just running where everyone is running .
    One thing is sure that Fiat will not close its India Operations due to poor sales , thanks to 1.3 MJD, the back bone of indian diesel. So enjoy the exclusivity of having Fiat Car in india.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.