1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whom will they give the target,the unwilling bride called TATA? They can't bring up the number until they setup the independent showrooms ad service.
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2012
  3. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    I think revamping of a brand does not happen overnight. Lets hold our breath and be patient till they go completely independent way from the initiative they took. I think they dont want to take a risk of launching new product until the set up in India is satisfactory. Because then customer will go through same problem of ASS that current customers are facing now.

I am guessing that after the set up(independent sales & Marketing with ASS) is complete, they will go for more segments with new cars and new ad, promotions and campaigning.
  4. addy

addy Amatore

Bangalore
    Completely agree with Varun. I don't think Fiat has learned a lesson from the past.

Sorry if I'm repeating some things here. A car maker cannot survive only only engine sales unless they concentrate only on making engines and forget other operations. Unless Fiat pulls it socks up, the future doesn't look very good. One of the main reasons why people stay away from Fiat is that they are not sure if the company is going to survive in India for the long term. It is good that they are making money by selling engines, but then there is a possibility of Fiat shutting its car manufacturing in India and just concentrate on engines. This is what most prospective customers are worried about and to be honest, I too thought about this point before buying my Linea. But then, I liked the car for what it is and bought it.
  5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I was merely answering a question : "How are they surviving". I neither support nor condemn their strategy.

Guys : This is again turning into a bashing thread. This once a month phenomenon of "Fiat has sold less cars : let's go and vent our anger" has to stop.
    6 people like this.
  6. Yep we may need to wait un middle of 2013 to see some big change until then these things will continue as it is or even go bad?
    I was talking to Concorde Mysore road SA Gopal, he said he may be transferred back to TAT motors to work on TAT cars after Dec 2012 as concorde is not taking up the FIAT dealership.
  7. addy

addy Amatore

Bangalore
    Fair enough :)
  8. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

India
    Well said. I think the existing owners of Fiat cars should worry about the availability of spares for their cars or adherence to any service request instead of bashing Fiat for selling lesser cars.

IMO, the fear of Fiat moving away from India shouldn't be there anymore as there are clear future plans of bringing in Chrysler and Jeep products into India. There is a strategy in place. Strategies don't work right away. We need to wait and enjoy our cars till then :)
    1 person likes this.
  9. Why should we worry about availability of spares parts now when you are only saying that the fear of Fiat moving out of India should be no more????:confused

Fiat is here to stay,and the future is bright for the existing aswell as the to be customers...Long live FIAT!!!!:clap
  10. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    off topic:This is a bit of a concern. As far as service is concerned, Concorde has been doing pretty well and their their quality of work has been great. Wondering what made them keep away from FIAT dealership and ASS.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.