1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. What is below quality other than interior plastics? engine,chassis,Suspension features ?Please elaborate.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    1 person likes this.
  3. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    That's a paradigm of shift in views I believe which I don't intend to question, But do you've a numbers to prove that Fiat aren't of good quality viz viz other manufacturers? Until that I would all these what we write are mere facts and can't be proved. Please don't point me to the niggles thread - if such is the case every car isn't having quality based on the number of niggles thread in automotive forums.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Sorry if I offend. I think it is high time we stop this monthly mud-slinging exercise. It doesn't help much.

Whatever said and done, Punto is much better than other cars in the segment in most respects, inspite of the (resolvable) niggles. Haven't driven or travelled in a Linea so wont comment.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Ha ha ha...Well said.

Last few pages & few posts suggest that a reality check is needed. ;)

And nope, there will not be any free advice to Fiat. Only results (rights of a customer) are expected.

I am. And I'm being most practical & realistic. For a moment forget that I'm a crazy guy who bought a Fiat in Apr 2009, willing to accept all the pains that Fiat inflicts & letting it go compromising on everything against the joy of drriving Linea, part of a team which set up a forum for Cars of Fiat whom nobody asks for except similarly crazy guys. I'm also a customer. Like me, any customer has every right to get basic expectations met by the brand in which he has plonked lacs of rupees of his hard-earned money.

What is wrong if a customer expects Fiat service does not keep car for multiple days for a job that can be done much more quickly?

What is wrong if a customer expects that he does not have to wait for a couple of hours at Fiat service till work is started on his car (if he leaves, it might take 3-4 hours)?

What is wrong if a customer expects parts to be available either off the shelf or in reasonable time without him continuously following up with Dealer?

What is wrong if a customer expects that he should not be made a Sherlock Holmes of calling Fiat Parts dept and investigate where the delay lies - at Fiat or at Dealer?

What is wrong if a customer expects that he should not be the one checking whether Dealer has placed an order for the right side (left/ right side) of part or right variant's part (Active/ Dynamic/ Emotion) or is it the Fiat which has goofed up in delivering wrong part and the wait starts again?

What is wrong if a customer expects to deal with Service people who have technical expertese of repairing his car?

What is wrong if a customer expects that technically ignorant service people should not use his car as guinea pig for trial & error by replacing parts and still not able to diagnose the issue?

What is wrong if a customer expects that they can leave the car at Fiat service with items to do listed on job card, leave with peace of mind and get the car back with every item attended to & resolved?

What is wrong if a customer expects that when he leaves the car with Fiat Service, they will not break something which was working and was alright?

What is wrong if a customer expects that he should not be made to visit Fiat service any more than the what Fiat has promised 15K kms / 1 year OR may be 1 time more in between?

What is wrong if a customer expects that his car should not remain at service station longer forcing him struggling with hardships of other transports for daily commutations?

What is wrong if a customer expects that he should not be running after calling Mangesh for small small issues?

....so on and so forth....there is a long list but I feel tired.

And please do not flood with replies that X has not faced any such issues and Y has faced issues with other manufacturer.

There is something called consistency. And that's need to be understood, nobody is going to prove anyone anything. If Fiat or anybody believes that it is giving equally good or better customer experience than market consistently car after car, day after day, month after month, I can only wish best of luck.

Ever thought what it takes to build that kind of myth? It's damn difficult to build and sustain brand image years after years. Again if Fiat or anybody believes that it's just what they call "herd mentality" or Indian buyers are illiterate or ignorant, nothing more can I say but to just wish the best luck.
    4 people like this.
  6. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am not comparing with other cars, I am telling only about Punto and Linea.
    I know all other cars have problems and I also think Fiat are most active to fix the issues, I never seen Fiat has left any major issues without fixing it, unlike others.
    But still this is true (to me) that cars had lots of niggles, it reduced a bit in new cars, but still there.

I am not proving this to anybody, this is what I feel. Tell me how would you know that any cars has issues/niggles or not, if you don't believe owners writing in a forum or discussing with another owners.

Why you think so, we all are equally pained to see this pathetic sales figure and we are having nice discussion (untill you take it personally) on whats going on.
    2 people like this.
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hyundai i10 is way better in performance than Punto 1.2.and also costwise Punto is high @price.Tried my best to convice my friend to buy punto 1.2 as per his budget,but didnt worked. :(

Finalised Hyundai i10

Why still 1.2 in market ?
  8. Ravi

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @amit, Nothing wrong with your expectations, but most of us (at-least I can vouch for me and few others) Fiat is fulfilling most of these expectations.

I don't know what Maruti did to build this kind of trust, and what Fiat can do to create same, but I know for sure (again I am restricting to myself) Maruti doesn't give any better service.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    My god !!

These moderators I tell you : never agree on anything :D

Ravi, VP and all : why are we debating this? We all know the problem and we all know the solution right? Unfortunately we cannot implement it.

Isn't it true that the service standards in South India are much better than anywhere else in India (especially Pune & Mumbai) ?

Ravi is a satisfied customer : VP is not. Can't blame either !!
    3 people like this.
  10. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    It's not mud-slinging bro.

If inspite of the pain the customers & members suffer, if Fiat or anybody believes that Fiat is giving as good as, if not better, service than the best service provider, then we're living in cuckoo land.

Now here is a challenge to Fiat.

Forget the entire market. Take only the small sample of TFI members (as barometer) which represent a small portion of market. If Fiat is able to ensure that none of my fellow TFIans get harrassed, suffers or pained due to either pre-sales, during the sales, after-sales, parts issue, replacement of parts before it's expected to be replaced etc etc or whatever reasons as customer experience, then I would say it's the first step towards correction and one can expect better from Fiat.

Track this for a while and one will understand what I'm talking about.

Ok - should we allow some exceptions? how much tolerance? Usually its 1 defect (in process) per 1 Lac or 10 lacs etc. Should give give concession with 1 per 1000? There are about 4000 active members (may be lesser) in the forum. So, let's allow 3-4 exceptions.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.