1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    +1 to sungoa's post. I totally agree with you friend.

In this context, wanted to repost my earlier post in different thread -

I support the view that GP 2012 is much much better car than its competitors. Also, just yesterday realised the VFM quotient of FIAT once again. My cousin booked a Ritz VDi and my neighbour took a Polo TDI top end. I was shell shocked to know the on road price of these cars :shocked New Ritz Vdi cost @ 7L OTR Blore. Forget about ABS, it doesnt even give music system. Can we compare this with Punto Dynamic version which costs almost same in Blore ?? Even a 3 pot noisy 1.2 L TDI Polo is damn expensive than Punto . Well I need not talk about features that Punto top end offers vis-a-vis a Polo top end !!!

If only FIAT marketing can market their cars well and work on the Service part. Its heart break to see other not so deserved cars do well :(
    1 person likes this.
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Sunil, there's another way of taking the same example.

For e.g. At a restaurant X I eat a certain dish and it completely disagrees with my digestive system leading me to rush straight to the washroom. Will i be tempted to eat again at Restaurant X? Or even worse, hearing of my experience, 100 other people form a similar opinion ( It's India :) )

How to convince me to visit Restaurant X again, when i keep hearing that some dish there still is a bit under-cooked, some is lacking a few ingredients. Good reports rarely spread, but the bad ones spread like fire. And people pay heed more to the bad ones than to the good ones.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
    2 people like this.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Very good analysis. Liked it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2012
  4. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Is this enough or are we just hoping that bby doing just this everything will turn around, customers will be delighted post service & sales will increase ?

See, these are more like hygiene factors (McGregors X factors) - presence of which may not give you positive results but abscence of which gives you hugely negative results. There are host of other similar hygiene factors which Fiat is not yet doing forget about doing something additional for improvement.

Other important aspect is that - is whatever Fiat doing effective and will it give desired results?

e.g. Dedicated service centres. I've posted above a link of TFI members first experiences with the first such dedicated Fiat service centre. Frankly, I do not see any improvement happening with all these. As mentioned earlier, I would be the happiest if Fiat proves this wrong.

I would believe that whatever Fiat is doing has started giving results only after seeeing the results i.e. e.g. in service, when...

...all customers (e.g. to start with, all TFI members) come out of Fiat service centres DELIGHTED with overall service experience (Diagnosis of the issue, technical expertese, resolution of the issue to the satisfaction without creating any other additional issue), timelines, spare parts availability, cost etc etc) without any compromises ( e.g. Maruti also did not have a part once etc etc, for if Fiat wants to have a realistic shot at business, it has to give service which is 10 times better than Maruti looking at the position Fiat is in)

...when all customers do not have to visit service centres more than once/ twice a year.

...when there is no reporting that parts are not replaced earlier than it should be. (Please do not flood with comments like in my car so and so is not yet changed after so many kms or so many years. Like you, it has to be in every car).

I'm not being negative here. I'm just trying to be realistic & practical. I wish Fiat to do all the above and much more but I feel it's not geared up to do even basics even after 3 years.
  5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    OMG !! This is THE MOST happening thread on the forum.

You know what guys - I think we should give ourselves a break. Let's not discuss what Fiat should and should not do. Let's assume the folks sitting in Fiat know what they should do. In case they don't know the obvious - no amount of explanation is going to help.

Let us only talk - our cars, our experiences, our happiness, our frustrations.

Remember : TFI is the unofficial third umpire for Punto & Linea. Unless the main umpire on the field (Fiat) asks us for our suggestions - there is no point we banging our heads.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    You are not, practically and realistically, the things you mentioned doesn't happen anywhere and almost impossible to make it happen. Of course we all want these to happen.

For me, Its a pure myth that Maruti provides better service. What Maruti has done is to produce reliable cars and do regular service. You will have similar issues, in case your Maruti gives you some extra trouble. Only thing is chances of this extra trouble is less with Maruti.
    Fiat in its part, did reasonably good in 2nd part, that is, good regular service, but screwed big time with Quality of earlier cars.

If somebody expecting a drastic change, its a wrong expectation. Service people is going to be same or similar qualified people (this applied to all brand not only Fiat). What we need to see is if Fiat takes any corrective measure after hearing any complaint or not. Earlier they could blame Tata, not now.

Car sales doesn't linked to one issue or event. I don't know the answer, but I just see, one of my other favourite, Honda Jazz, has everything, brand, so called reliability, but still sells less than Punto.
    4 people like this.
  7. Problem with Honda Jazz is it's top end model is RS 793000 OTR(bangalore) it is close to Punto/Swift/i20/manza in pricing not having an auto AC or Diesel engine,if you see inside and with little effort can surely identify cheap plastic at places like doors some parts of the Dashboard.it is low on features list.
    Why would some one want spend money on non a VFM car?

Regarding drastic change in sales numbers it can happen, remember Maruti used struggle to sell Alto when it was launched but with pricing correction and demise of M800 Alto started selling like hot cakes.
  8. BASAVPAT

BASAVPAT Timido

BANGALORE
    Each and every product, design will have their own merits and demerits. When it comes to Linea and Punto, are great products, if they would have come in their original avatars, the people might have cribbed as it being TOO PRICEY. Now they say plastics are cheap...

When it comes to other brands people accept and accommodate the deficiencies. Unfortunately FIAT is always at a recieving end as people expect too much from them.
    1 person likes this.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It doesn't matter, we have bought Fiat and our expectations are reasonable. Fiat has failed to provide quality cars, thats hard truth.
  10. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Is this global problem or only in India? :eek:fftopic
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.