1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

I'm proud to be TeamFiatian. Thanks Amogh for maintaining the Forum with meaningful discussions.
  2. sachinb

sachinb Timido

Thanks amogh for spirited note :)
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Getting back to Sales figures - Linea < 100 & Punto < 700.

I love Linea, it's Ride & Handling, it's superb steering, it's dynamics & stability.

I want to be optimistic, but I can not close my eyes on hard facts. Exactly same discussion happened 6-7 months back on being optimistic on sales figures of > 3000 & I remember mentioning that Fiat sales are going to get lower and lower.

As much as I love Linea, I just can not turn blind on the facts.

I can not close my eyes that Fiat has done almost nothing to improve sales in last 3 years after launching 2 wonderful cars. And this is inspite of it's knowing where the issues lie.

I can not turn blind on niggling issues - AC problems, CSC, life of Brake Pads/ Discs, life of Elastic Pads, life of suspensions, hard clutch etc etc. Far too many cars are having these issues which is not close to comfort. I don't need to prove anything to anyone going into the details like % of cars with issues and some issues are with other manufacturers also. I can just see it. And I also believe that my Linea is not a bad odd piece.

I can not close my eyes on customer experience with Fiat service - be it treatment, diagnosis, commitments kept, ability of Fiat service staff & customer confidence in it, customer delight on service, cost of maintenance, customer convenience etc etc.

I can not close my eyes on no. of times customers have to visit Fiat service.

I can not turn blind on Fiat's continuous failures to market 2 wonderful cars which had so much potential.

I can not close my eyes on the question that how Fiat will resurrect wonderful Linea from the depth of < 100 cars sold.

I can not close my eyes on how dedicated Fiat service stations (so hailed) are going to perform. Link-->> http://www.teamfiat.co.in/service-c...e-service-center-pune-millennium-drive-8.html ......... My worst fears that I mentioned in that thread & earlier are coming true. I can see it happening. Check & think who will become dedicated Fiat service centres. My worst fears are the service standards may get even worse than TASC, I hope Fiat will turn me wrong, I sincerely do.

I do not want Fiat to shut the shop in India. As much as I do not want it, I can also see that it's very difficult to run a business model with sales of < 1000 cars a month unless It's a top segment premium brand catering to niche premium customers who do not mind paying a fortune on every little thing.

Regarding Quality of posting, I'm sad to often see posts like "tin sheet metal", "toy car" etc etc on the forum. We want Fiat to improve. But that does not mean rubbishing other manufacturers. It's like "khudki line ko bada dikhane ke liye dusre ki line ko chhota dikhana". If we want Fiat to improve, then we should be acknowledging the real issues & discussing how, when & If Fiat will arrest all these issues. It's understandable that Fiat's inability to plug all these issues & in increasing sales leads to desperation but my request to all is not to deride other manufacturers. They deserve where they are as market is not fool. I also feel sad when someone brackets Indian buyer as illiterate / fool. We are the emerging market in the world and the lifestyles are changing. Buyers are no fools, car is still a product where "customer involvement" is higher in decisioning. Just that we are a niche segment of people who want to take risk, want to spend entire day at service station, want to disregard every pain against the brilliant ride that Linea/ Punto offers do not mean that all others are fools.

I just went through all the posts half an hour back and do not wish to start the whole debate again, just wanted to put things in perspective. In any case, from tomorrow I'll not be accessing internet and hence the forum as am travelling for a week outside.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
    4 people like this.
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I think only advertisement available for Fiat India is this forum TFI. so the sales of 800 nos are on positive side with least or No investments .
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Why do you think that TFI is the only tool available for Fiat India to increase sales? TFI is an independent forum - by and for the owners of Fiat cars. Besides, Fiat India has to arrest the root cause issues.
    And there is a huge investment in Ranjangaon plant and the Sales & Service network. Try approaching Fiat India for a Sales/ Service dealership and see what kind of investment they'll ask you. If like you, Fiat also thinks 800 numbers on a positive side then only God can help it.
  6. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Just one thing: The sales figure talk about the units sold to dealers. Looking at the huge stock left over at the dealers we will not get a true picture of the actual sales. I am hoping when the sales figure related to the absolute edition kick in the numbers will improve.
    FIAT is making all the right noises (exclusive showrooms / other brands like Chrysler) lets hope people warm up to them soon :)
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

i agree VP to what ever you've said..
    How long can one accept and keep bragging that FiAT is a great brand
    How long can one keep telling 2-3 people in the neighbourhood to buy a FIAT when anyway they are not.
    How long can FIAT themselves stick to just 2 cars and say we will improve the brand

Even if FIAT brings in JEEP or whatever it still wont make a micron of a difference to their sales.
    JEEP IS JEEP , ITS NOT FIAT hope they learn that fast for their own good.

Enough is enough , i like my car and i will continue to do so but i wont bend over my back to make others buy FIAT, its FIAT's duty to do so not MINE.
    only 2 cars in 3 years simply shows FIATs inability to do anything....

Passion is one thing but FIAT this is just PLAIN DUMB from your END
    3 people like this.
  8. Offtopic: I wouldn't bash or blame any other brand to highlight Fiat. For one thing, my Zen is into its 11th year, and it's doing pretty well. Though I still have issues with service centres that abound, the vehicle still moves smooth, without much niggles. I mean, no parts come off etc. I haven't done the servicing of the car as per the manual, still things are fine. But, 90% of the Maruti service centres I've gone to are awful.

My Fiat is just 5-6 months, and I'm okay with her too. Surely, the AC drain pipe issue is there, and my issue is that the TASS is 100 km from my place.

To come to topic, it doesn't really matter how many service centres you have as Maruti or Hyundai, because quality matters.

Fiat could do some turn around by distributing service centres according to the sales. Try dividing regions into three or four classes like maybe those with good sales (by Fiat standard), regions with average but promising sales, and regions with poor sales. Give more number of quality service centres to the first (as these people form the majority, and aid brand building - more than offers, they value quality service more), service with offers to the second (promising areas need some push in the form of better offers, as they acknowledge the quality, but need better reasons too), and more promotions and advertisements in the third (here, people don't have an idea of the brand). Or something like that. I'm not a marketing expert, but this is what I think Fiat lacks, a proper understanding of the market.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Just doing the right thing alone is not enough. You have to prove that you are doing and you have to shout on roof tops that you are doing.
    How many times a day do you see the new i20 advt, channels after channels? Of the ten people who see the advt, some 4 will remember the brand, some 2 will enquire, and out of the 2, one might buy the product.
  10. sungoa2010

Let us think of answering this question. If you are given a very tasty dish and an average dish but presented very nicely which one you will take. Definitely majority will be attracted towards the second one. That is what happening to Fiat. Where they lack is simply the final presentation. What I mean by presentation is not simply decorating their car in showroom but from ads to service at dealership. I had a test drive of Verna petrol and I am again fall deeply in love with my Punto. Fiat your cars are simply superb and class ahead. You need to simply present them like an intelligent chef.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.