1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dear,
    I can understand your point and I am not trying justify the dealer attitude,but why do you hold FIAT responsible if a TATA dealer is not ready to sell FIAT cars? did you make a call to FIAT 1800 number or book a TD in their website? try that route and see the response, it may still not match VW or skoda.
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Whenever i drive my FIAT(s) now on , i should THINK OF SELLING THEM Bcos:

1. FIAT didnt service old customers and FIAT UNO booking refunds still pending for many... :rolleyes:
    2. FIAT did well with Palio but didnt utilise the momentum gained. :eek:
    3. FIAT is not launching any new models (WTH) :confused:
    ...and Finally
    4. FIAT CEO directly responds to my Service Grievances ..WTF :eek:

I too think Fiat should plug the "hole" or whatever it is they have to plug.
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  3. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    TD request was through FIAT website. One sales guys with very poor english contacted me who cant even convey properly about his points. :mad: See the 1st impression. If the pre sales is so poor, then how will be ASS? I dnt think I need to own a FIAT to guess that.

Of course I will hold FIAT responsible for it. Marketing and Sales are part of a company too and if they choose a incompetent entity for it, then its their fault. Customer will see what they get.
  4. dhans4all

dhans4all Amatore

Chennai
    I beleive I20 was also having the AC problems in their first batch and it has been corrected in the recent batch but the same has not been rectified for the old vehicle. my friend who works with hyundai has I20 diesel with 6 speed gear box admits that AC is not effective and they have rectified the issue in new batch but they will not do for the old customers.
    2 people like this.
  5. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    There are two ways to be popular on TFI (and TBHP too) :

1. Drive your Linea from Chennai to Leh and go back again like J. Ravi sir did.

2. Bash FIAT with UNO, PALIO, SPARES, RECALLS, TASS, CEO DIRECT REPLIES, NOTHING NEW, SHUT SHOP, BAD TASTING COFFEE, COLLEAGUES PROBLEMS....bla bla...

In both cases you will get attention. Choose one ;)

I know some prefer the easier option of the two :cool:

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    7 people like this.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    This is strange, if seniors gets involved we have problem. But seems we don't have issue in case we don't know who is the CEO of other manufacturers.
    Yes there must be a system to get the issues resolved, and I mentioned several times, best way is to resolve the issues at dealership level, but If I know I can reach to senior most people in Fiat, gives me comfort, not worry.
    If seniors are reachable, it doesn’t mean that system doesn’t work. It means even they takes responsibilities, even they are need not to, like others.

What you would have done with any other dealer?
    Just assume same thing happens with another dealer, say Maruti, what would you do? You can't do anything, or just call some regional head etc. Here you are worried that you have to reach CEO.
    This is how you see half emtpy bottle. I see differently.
    1 person likes this.
  7. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4

I m sure this guy would have loved to see a reply from the CEO, which he didnt i guess ........ http://www.teamfiat.co.in/non-fiat-...ustomer-car-service-trying-cover-up-case.html

This surely will qualify as a one-off case as its not a FIAT.

Btw ,this is what the VW "sufferer" had to write in TFI thread .....
    "Hi Folks,

I figured since my case was being discussed here, it makes sense to drop by and say how much I am jealous of all the guys in this forum! I see the person who posted it hahad to repeat couple of times that this is not his story but "Vineet Sharma's". Someone had suggested that the person posting this might get into trouble if he doesn't give the source. I just want to say that I feel he has given fair amount of attribution and rest assured he shall be in no trouble (unless of course he decides to buy a VW! God help him them!).

I would in fact like to thank him for spreading the word and creating awareness. Where ever this takes me, I would like this to serve as a wake up call for others like me who are buying into this whole German quality nonsense. When I had Bought the car, it was fantastic. It had not had a single issue ever, till such time THIS happened! Today I know of too many quality complaints from the VW stable in India. This was not the case a couple of years back. All in all, these guys have made MW regret the day I decides to buy this "German quality" car.

Regards,
    Vineet Sharma

PS: thanks to all who have extended a word of support and encouraged me to fight on with these guys. I plan to see this through. "
    1 person likes this.
  8. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    Depends on which Car I am buying. If it is Maruti- I will move to another one as there are plenty. But FIAT buyers dont have that luxury yet. Reaching to CEO should be a distant option for a buyer to resolve issues, its nice to have, but I will be worried if I have to.

As I said before FIAT cars are no cheap, so good ASS is a buyers right(in perfect world, every buyer irrespective of what they buy should have it, but we are not living in it). On same note, if I buy a Merc or BMW or Audi, my expectations will be even higher because the price I paid for it.

No car is perfect, cant be perfect in hugely diversified Indian climate/road condition. Thats why we need ASS to keep up with it. I just expect FIAT to do a better job in it.
    1 person likes this.
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Bought my Palio Stile in December 2007. Brake pads failed 1 day after 3rd service at just 13,000 kms. Got them replaced with OE pads. They performed flawlessly till I sold the car after doing 77,000 kms. What changed? The first set failed after 13 K kms and the second set lasted 64 K kms and still going strong. I have no idea what changed, so I like to believe it was a one off case of a bad batch.

Took the car to KHT for 30 K kms service and was advised that the front brake discs are worn out and need to be changed. Was also informed that the drive shaft was leaking and needs to be changed. Luckily both parts were in stock, I was informed.

I wanted the SA to get measurements of the thickness of my existing disc and a brand new disc and prove to me that the discs are indeed worn out. I also insisted on visual inspection of the drive shaft and see the leakage for myself. The story changed right away and I was informed that while the recommendation to change these parts was made in a pre-emptive effort to avoid issues, they need not be done right away. If I were not as aware as I was, I would have possibly changed those parts, paid a bill of 40 K and then gone around posting in various forums about how unreliable FIAT is.

Remember, this was when the car had done 30 K kms. Cut to August 2012, when I sold the car with 77 K kms on the ODO. Neither the discs nor the drive shaft failed. Nothing happened. The Palio was the most niggle free car I had ever owned. Even my Beemer had issues, albeit minor. For example, the fuel gauge would show empty, the low fuel warning light would come on, right after I filled the tank with fuel to the brim. Took 3 visits to the service center to get it rectified. And this was in Australia.

I guess my signature says it all. It is a Latin phrase meaning - "As many heads, that many opinions"

Cheers,

Rajan
    3 people like this.
  10. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    Too much of negative comments here.Mods please publish the sales and lock the thread.Every month.My recommendation.The discussion is now becoming a bit boring and we are getting some "baseless comments" over here.We are hear to discuss,but now many of us are now fighting/debating/or whatever you say this.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.