1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    All cars have problems, its how much you pay for it upfront and for maintenance. Alto has problems bt how much did u get it for? what was the cost for repairing or availability of a mechanic to fix it? These are important too.

Punto is a premium hatchback and Linea is not cheap either. After the money one spent, if he has run from pillar to post to get the job done, then one will feel pissed. FIAT should make the customer feel that " okay we are charging you more for the car, but you are valued customer and your satisfaction is 1st priority" . The sales numbers will increase automatically on the good will.
  2. Most of this is replaced by TASS because of issue of lack of skill and commitment from TATA to help FIAT.
    I am still using the same Elastic pads,Link Rods and rubber beading's what was there 3 years back in the car.does that make my car a reliable one?
    Answer is no so also answer to your statement.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 PM ----------

Do you own a FIAT?
  3. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    We had Palio in my family (Uncle-joint family). I will own very soon :) if everything goes well, this month only.

Do you feel that you are preferred customer in FIAT?
  4. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai
    Two of my colleagues have Linea MJD - 2011 make.
    Following are the issues which they have encountered:

Vehicle-1: Covered 16576 Kms 80% City Driving & 20% Highway:
    1. Front Brake Discs replaced: not under warranty. The Service Advisor told FIAT has sent them a notice, that it will be only covered until 10000 Kms. I asked them to show the notice, they didnt.
    Why crucial part such as Brake discs fail at such low mileage ? Quality Control issue ?
    2. Front Brake Pads replaced.
    3. Elastic Pads replaced due to noise from Steering.4. Front Right Suspension replaced.
    5. Rear Suspension Scissor replaced.
    6. Boot Rubber Beading Faulty, Water seepage in boot area. Replaced under warranty.
    7. Front Windsheild beading cracked, causing rattling from the front screen glass. Replaced under warranty.

Vehicle-2: Covered 21000 Kms 60% City Driving & 40% Highway:
    1. Front Brake Discs replaced: not under warranty. The Service Advisor told FIAT has sent them a notice, that it will be only covered until 10000 Kms. I asked them to show the notice, they didnt. The same story as the first vehicle.
    Why crucial part such as Brake discs fail at such low mileage ? Quality Control issue ?
    2. Front Brake Pads replaced.
    3. Elastic Pads replaced due to noise from Steering.
    4. Rear Left Door Lock replaced 3 Times most recent on 27th September.
    5. Rear Suspension Scissor replaced.
    6. CSC Replaced under warranty.
    7. Gear Shifter replaced under warranty.

Why such cricuial parts are failing at such low mileage, FIAT needs to address the issues otherwise their image will further go down the drain.

However, my Brother-In-Law had a 2009 Grande Punto E+, surprisingly he didnt had a single problem in 3 years and 57000 Kms.
    Though, he sold the car just a month back & upgraded to XUV-500.

I quoted above instance here just to highlight the inconsistencies in products which are from the same platform and manufacturer.
    Is TATA playing any role here :)
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  5. Man you are making tall comments as though you have been going from pillar to post but in reality you don't even own a FIAT car or experienced any service issues with Punto/Linea.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:14 PM ----------

My cars brake pads worn out within 16K kms, but now My car has cross 41K but still on second set of pads!!
    What changed ? It is still OEM galfar but only thing changed is how i use the brakes, earlier i used to stomp on it at every slight curve and downhills,also in B2B traffic, now i don't but i haven't met with any accident due the change in practice.similarly if one is not paying attention to the pads condition it can also affect rotors.
    I have had almost similar issues in my all previous cars, I had to wait for WagonR Shock absorber with clamp to hold the ABS wire for two months in vain.Later my trusted mechanic did some jugged to replace with normal ones.
    I am not calming as there is no issue with FIAT at all, but certainly there is no issue that can't be resolved!!
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
    3 people like this.
  6. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How can two cars have the exact same problems? It's a copy-paste of the problems !!

I have a suspicion that your colleagues have been taken for a ride by the service center. If they did not show the letter was the problem escalated to Fiat?

What was the diagnosis of the disc failure? Do you have pictures?
    Why were the front brake pads replaced? Were they worn out? Do you have pictures?
    What was the cause of the noise from steering?
    Front Right Suspension - Why was it replaced?
    Rear Suspension Scissor - Why was it replaced?

Did you post your colleague's problems to this forum when the problems occurred? In fact I am surprised you haven't invited them to join the forum yet!

Unless we have complete details it is irrelevant to discuss this. Besides - you have no way of knowing if there was a genuine problem with these parts or if they were replaced by the service center to make a quick buck.
    4 people like this.
  7. jumu

jumu Superiore

Chennai
    I am sorry to say that most of the parts are being unnecessarily replaced playing on the fear of the customer ( for brake components ) and also the keenness of the customer to have his car in great shape. Ignorance is exploited too. The fact is it has all become too commercial and it is very similar to admission of a patient into a hospital where every effort is taken to fleece. For your information the SA in every TASS is working on a fixed cum variable salary ( the variable salary comes form the parts replacement target they are given), Even lubricant sales is fixed at a target. So what do you think an SA will do? Is obvious

Abdul
    3 people like this.
  8. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    All of you keep repeating this happens everywhere. Please, someone tell me, where and which cars face these issues? Someone spoke of an Alto. What is the % of these car's facing those issues? Of 20,000 cars 1 faces the issue. Of 500 Punto's, 400 face similar problems. I have a Honda City and in 34K kms not a single part has been replaced - in or out of warranty. Is it a big deal? No. Should I hail Honda and thank them for giving a niggle free car? Of course not. Should I expect my other car to also be so trouble free? Of course yes! Honda has done no favours on me by giving me a reliable car. Maybe member's here and Fiat themselves feel giving a reliable car is a privilege of a customer not a right.

Ravi, I never said there was a recall for all parts. The parts were faulty and hence Fiat asked dealers to replace them free of cost no questions asked when complaints come. It's not a recall but it surely is faulty parts and it bloody well is a niggle and poor quality.

Even if some other car has had issues does it mean Fiat also should? Let other car's face problems and even break down. Why Fiat should bother with reliability of other cars? You set the standards in the market. Don't follow them.
    1 person likes this.
  9. sharma_sanjeevin

sharma_sanjeevin Regolare

Mumbai

Habit of Stomping on the brakes, may be limited to you. But, i can assure regularly my colleagues are not encoutering this situation.
    So, in General braking conditions, Brake pads getting worn out at 16000 kms is not acceptable.
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Amit,

All I will say because we have a forum we know how many Fiat cars face problems. However there are also a number of FIAT owners who are NOT on the forum but are having a trouble and niggle free experience with their cars.

We cannot find statistics of "which car has how many problems". It would be a worthless exercise. But it would also be naive to say "majority" Fiat have problems. VW's have problems, XUV's have problems, H-U-G-E number of Hyundai's have steering rattling issues, i20 AC issue was never satisfactorily resolved.

We are mistaking brand with a product here. Problem with FIAT is NOT the product : it is the brand.

We all know about the Indian herd mentality. Heck every month thousands are buying the Swift's and DZire's with mediocre brakes. What has Maruti done about that? NOTHING. ZILCH. NADA. "Take it or leave it" has been their answer. Yet there is a six month waiting list to buy these tin cans.
    5 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.