1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    FIAT is busy setting up dealership and service network as of now, and will start aggressively selling cars after that (hoping to do)! That is when competition is introducing and selling cars in all possible forms and shapes. Unless and until FIAT provides more options, the sales numbers will just hover around 500-1000 mark. Bringing new models to India just means that FIAT will continue in India, as far as a car buyer is concerned.

To swim in the sea, you have to step in first. If you plan to wait until the waves settle, you will just remain where you are!
    3 people like this.
  2. rudresh

rudresh Regolare

Hyderabad, India
    ASS and Customer care is the most imp aspect for any sustaining product where big investment is needed. Also, Fiat is not a "buy it, forget it" type of car also. It needs maintenance where ASS is THE most imp factor along with cost of parts and availability. If they can't understand it, then they can just win heart of some enthusiasts but not make money out of a growing market.

Recruit the people who has passion for cars and FIAT not a guy who is just for commission. Create a brand value which any middle class will trust. Every friend and relative of mine admire the looks and ride(whoever experienced it) admires it, but coming to put the money on it, they are skeptical. If FIAT can address THIS only reason behind, they can only move forward then.
    1 person likes this.
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Didn't the Linea and Punto petrol's have AC problems? There was a official recall for that. Didn't the car's have elastic pad problems? Didn't the cars have link rods problems? Didn't the suspension of both the car's wear out fast? Didn't rubber beadings fit loosely on the door resulting in rust? If these were not issues why was Fiat replacing all of these parts for free no questions asked?!

Car making is no longer rocket science and Fiat is neither Tata nor Mahindra. Why is it that most of the member's here proudly talk about Fiat's 133 year old history but don't question why a 133 year old company can't make car's that have parts that last at least till the warranty is applicable?!

The above issues should not be there in the first place. What's the point of 15,000 kms service interval if the car has to keep going to the ASC for small issues?

You said it buddy. 4 years after the Linea was launched, Fiat has managed to sort out most issues with very few remaining unsolved. And we are so thankful for that!
  4. Yes give FIAT an year to prove they will come out in flying in good numbers. compared to UNO, Palio day's were better and Punto/Linia is far better .
    This is good enough for compulsory maruti Suzuki buyer like me to switch to FIAT.
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    All were upgrades, not recall. Other manufacturers ignores these, Fiat upgraded it. For ex, AC was reported weak by some owners, of Petrol variants, Fiat upgraded it. We know very well, i20 still struggles with weak AC.
    2 people like this.
  6. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    So were elastic pad's, link rod's, suspension's, brake pad's, rubber beading's?
  7. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    There are lot of people use Fiats as normal way without a question of reliability.
    Fiats have more platform to discuss. So it appear that their cars are having more issues. Only insurance companies can provide the actual picture.
    If like the so called niggles if there is a platform that is read by Indians about which cars are making more accidents and in accidents which car causes more deaths, I believe our cars will score less points than the so called best sellers. If those results were read by public no one will dare to look at the best sellers. That is the true picture that is unfortunately hidden to public.

Fiat had problems and they cannot avoid it since the situation is not friendly for them. They are not the richest automobile company in the world like VW or Toyota or Honda to go for a very aggressive stand in India.

Let us see it positively that they are at least managing the Indian presence with their engine sales till they build a strong Indian base.
  8. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

Calicut
    what is wrong with suspension & brake pad??

Is it common problem like i20's A/C?
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    But what about the other cars. My alto's bearing got replaced. Central locking is jammed, water leak in rain, waited for 2 weeks for rear window raising lever with glasses open and covered with plastic sheets, rattling every where, gear is not falling properly to slots, booming noise at high speeds, full of grease on one side of seat after service etc etc. If I scrutinize the list will not end. The trick is to believe that it is a Maruti and it will never give problem. Then one can live with problems. When it comes to Fiat people will connect a small rattle to gap between plastics to the JV and their presence in india and their sales. More than 80% is a attitude problem.
    6 people like this.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    At least I am not aware any car has been recalled for these, yes these were small issues and parts were replaced, under warranty, when somebody complained. This happens everywhere.

I am not saying the car didn't have issues, yes there are, lots of small issues. But on reliability, only CSC was major one. And it was resolved long back.
    Yes we wanted to have (and we still want to see) Fiat cars without any issues, but seems distant dreams.
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.