1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    i dont know about rest indian's but i know sum of them (my friends & society members) after driving my Punto and others called themselves jerk that they bought "S" and "T" , sum of them who afford buying new car again they bought FIAT rest admiring our beauty ........

Problem with Fiat management sum of them Actually wasnt aware that there is car like PUNTO , & who test drove they don't know abet its features , they are juz happy with there after market JVC double din system which came with Bluetooth connectivity , :) as Genuine accessory from maruti

whatever it is, we all love our fiat and its not Blind LOvE :cool:
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2012
  2. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    FIAT is a 113 year old company and the average age of TFI members is 30 odd years !? :confused:

Fiat has surely seen more than tbhp and tfi :rolleyes:

Over a period of 3-4 years of writing on couple of forums and yearning and longing for some action from FIAT, some decide that's it! we have had it...hmmmmm....yawwnnn... who cares! The rants go on...Yawwwnnn

The fact is Fiat exists and there will be FIAT exclusive showrooms soon which we all waiting for and ofcourse more new models.

Till then enjoy your current Fiats..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
    12 people like this.
  3. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    Linea-Fabulous example of a best-in-class product,Let down by the poor reputation.

LINEA-59

PUNTO-597

Total-656
    1 person likes this.
  4. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

My Goddd , Linea's sales so much Down :shocked!!! Linea should do aleast 1000+ and Punto 3000+:D
    anyways......Atleast This Month Punto Sales looks O.K.:-?
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    amit, I see full of frustration in your post and nothing else. Most of the points which you have made is baseless. Like you, when I sold my Palio in 2006, I had the same feeling that I would never buy a Fiat again. The story of Palio days are different. Fiat completely abandoned its customers and dealerships were closing down. There was no support whatsoever. It is NOT the situation today. They have now formed a new company. Started opening the dealerships/service centres. Any management in its rightful mind will not launch a new product at this point of time. But, if they fail to launch anything new by second or third quarter of 2013, it will be a disaster for them. Now, I don't see anything that is as frustrating as you have portrayed.

Palio story is terrible. But, I don't see the same situation now as I was also a Palio owner that time.

Then, Which is a modern car today in India? Dezire/Etios/Sunny/Scala/SX4??? Some of the new launches itself look terribly outdated to me. Linea's problem is the Fiat Badge not that it doesn't have 1.6 or something. No product (with 1.6 or 2.0 or 3.0 MJD) from Fiat will sell if their reputation in India is not restored. As I told earlier, no one in my circle ever questioned about my car's powertrain. They only ask me why I have bought a Fiat and where do I service my car.

Really? They are more than a century old company and now I am seeing some commitment from them for India as well. Even if they are dead, I would feel sorry for the company but will always be happy with my drive.

Favor for you or for India? :)

This is really sad. As I told earlier, I had the same feeling when I sold the Palio in 2006. But now, I completely enjoy with my drive. I don't have anything more to say here.

What do you really want a company to do? They are serious about opening 80+ dealerships by March'13 and also they have plans to launch the chrysler products in India. Now, you want that to fail as well or are you predicting that it will fail?

You accept it or not, there is huge difference. I have driven Chevys, Hondas, and recently Jeep in US. Nothing is as satisfying as driving a Fiat.

Indian buyers are ignorant/illiterate when it comes to car buying. I don't have any second opinion here. If it is insulting, be it.
    19 people like this.
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Ramesh has pretty much summed it all up correctly. Good post dude.
    5 people like this.
  7. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I am totally in agreement with Ramjn (Ramesh) and others. Whenever someone has taken a ride in my Punto, they have always praised the ride quality. And these people are also owners of cars like SX4, Verna, Swift, i20 etc. These people always said that the ride is much more better than other cars (Maruti, TATA, Hyundai et al). That too, when my car has near bald tyres and the suspension isn't what it should be, courtesy, all the bad roads in rural Haruana where I lived for 1 year. While the people I am talking about have driven on smooth roads of Chandigarh mainly and some even have new cars in comparison that have not yet done even 10000Km so their suspension is as good as new.

The MAJOR ISSUES with FIAT India and it's cars that have been responsible for this debacle are the following:
    1. Lack of proper marketing. e.g. Blue&Me isn't just Bluetooth feature. It's a full system with voice commands.
    2. Just a 1248cc engine for Linea. Yes, my people do check out engine specs. Why are 600 people willing to buy Punto but only 60 willing to buy Linea. Both are FIAT brand cars only. Brand should hurt both otherwise. Smaller displacement is definitely contributory.
    3. INCONSISTENT QC and PDI STANDARDS. Cars dispatched from the assembly lines have come with loose link rods, leaking AC gas. I understand that gas leak was due to poor part supplied by the vendor but why was a link not left loose and not tightened properly. There are other examples, like plastic clutch slave cylinder. Some early 2009 cars having some plastic issues in the cabin (not every 2009 car).
    4. Poor variant placing. e.g. I am not sure if there is any other premium hatchback (out of Jazz, i20, Polo, Punto, Micra) that does not even have manual central locking in active variant. The lower variants were poorly spaced. i20 on the other hand offered auto AC even in Magna variant. This have been discussed in detail by me throughout 2010. I won't type more.

@Amit- I have been reading these same 5-10 lines from you since August 2010. If you "wish" that FIAT India closes it's shop here in India, why not sell off your FIAT Grande Punto? I have never seen even a single post from you that suggests that you have even 1% love for this car. The more you retain your car, the more you lose in resale.

Perhaps, the only other TFI member who wished/hoped/prayed that FIAT India shuts shop was that mclaren1885 guy from Gearheads.

I have criticized FIAT's policies many times. I have had a very pathetic experience during third service. Second service went with good experience but third one made me frustrated, nothing else. But, being at TFI, I have never hoped or wished that FIAT India closes down. I have always hoped that they improve or at least someday a miracle happens and they read what all I used to say back in later half of 2010 regarding marketing tactics.
    9 people like this.
  8. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Rightly said. This is what is called as optimistic thinking.
    Even I have never supported Fiat blindly. I know their weaknesses, mistakes and some policies. But, would never wish that they should shut their shop.
    1 person likes this.
  9. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    I have received a brilliant service from their RSA. But I am still waiting for reply to some queries that I mailed to their customer service. So I am appreciating where they are good and I will criticize where they are weak. But overall they are going in correct direction within their limitation. May be Nov, dec and Jan will give similar result and once the new network get established the sales can increase.

About the statement that made today, I had a very valid reason to make that. I had test driven Etios and Sunny just to compare it with my punto. The brakes of both Etios and sunny are horrible. The sitting position is far superior in Punto. The feel is no where near. There is no reason why 99% people go for this vehicles unless there is a serious lack of knowledge and plenty of ignorance. I am not defending Fiat marketing. They should do better way. Their cars are far far superior. This is a fact irrespective of whether they sell 50 or whether they sell 50,000 per month.
    2 people like this.
  10. FastLove

FastLove Superiore

Mumbai
    Linea 1.4
    Guys chill...FIAT is not making enough hose pipes :banghead: like the Hondas etc ... :D

:D:p

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.