1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Linea sales may be low because it is a bit pricey as compared to cars like Manza, with same 90hp engine. As it happened with me, anyone who enters the showroom for linea is somehow convinced to buy manza. If the showrooms become separate then people may compare it to cars like verna 1.4, vento.
    As for punto, I don't know what Fiat can do. Maybe reduce price, or improve rear-leagroom to give copetition to Vista
  2. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

Pune
    What are the new models in offering apart from Punto / Linea in Indian market? What has changed in last 6 months?
    Why is FIAT India silent on new schemes / brand building?

I think FIAT is content in making engines for Indian cars of all make and their own products will sell like extremely rare pieces bought by true FIAT lovers.

p.s. I created a thread about availability of spares after a few months if the sales kept declining. Why close that? Forum too small to accommodate 2 threads with keyword "sales"?
  3. ccprakash

ccprakash Regolare

Bangalore
    We cant compare linea with manza and punto with vista. May be price wise it is bit low, once you own the fiat you never regret. But one thing i can say its very difficult to sustain with 2 cars in their stable and they didnt done the much changes to the existing things(face- lift).
  4. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Noida
    FACTS

*Total Sales of Fiat Linea sold from its launch from January 2009: 29,819 units.

Total Sales of Fiat Grande Punto sold from its launch from June 2009: 39,969 units.

*Total Sales Of Fiat Linea sold in 2012(till August)- 2,624 units ONLY.

Total Sales of Fiat Grande Punto sold in 2012(till August)- 6,944 units.

FIAT!! WHY??
    2 people like this.
  5. The general public are not fiat lovers, they want VFM, so they look over to these tatas standing next to them.
  6. I'm really awed. flabbergasted. what not.

two exceptional cars. brand with more than half a century's presence in the country. the 1.3 MJD developers. and these two cars don't even own 0.2% of the market.

it's almost like Kapil Dev or Tendulkar applying and getting rejected as the coach of a high school cricket team.
    5 people like this.
  7. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

This sale of SWIFT within 3 Months :chair:

Guys , Dont worry about Fiat sales at all !!! Even ALto , wagon-R , i10 , Ritz , Manza etc. So many cars that sales fall Down This month......IMO , August is BAD month for Almost All Car manufacturers
  8. Sumit

Sumit Superiore

Munger
    relax guys! its just the transition period. news of fiat-tata spilt is making news everywhere. people are still confused where to buy and service Fiat cars. once these things are sorted out things will definately improve. by this year end or by next independent sevice cenyre are coming up. things will change. till then Fiat has to keep trying harder to capture the immature indian automobile market.
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  9. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    A pathetic car like Nissan sunny (Sad finish, plastic, clutch gear) is selling but not Linea.People complaining about Nissan, Chevi, ford Pathetic service but they r still selling cars and more than fiat.what Fiat needs is more variant.you cant survive with only 2 models.
  10. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    whoever i have met have praised Fiat Punto and Fiat brand they always say Fiat is known for building quality product and tank like cars ......but ultimately in the last they ask me what abt service?????? this is one of the major reason for FIAT not selling cars and i also personally feel so............
    they have to come out with some marketing gimmick telling abt improved service etc.......
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.