1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sandipan_r15

sandipan_r15 Superiore

HALDIA
    WEST BENGAL
    Grande Punto 1.3
    FIAT(in INDIA)is now going through a transition phase and the poor sales fig may be a result of the same.
    But surely,FIAT need some good models in diff segment to really pull the sales fig. up.And that will not happen untill FIAT opens it's new chain of exclusive dealership.A whole new series of advts may come up then.

So we(the present owners) have to be a little patient to see something really happening.

The present condition of FIAT reminds me the post RX100 era of YAMAHA in INDIA.Month after month their sales fig was in the range of @10000-@15000 units untill a knight called R15(offtopic----I own one) arrived.Though even now YAMAHA doesnot sell lac units/month, but surely it sales in nos which is enough to sustain business and earn profits.

I will wait for the arrival of the Knight(in any form---may be a new model,may be aggressive mktg,etc.etc.) of FIAT.
    Hope FIAT will be able to sustain it's operation in INDIA till then.
    And surely the powertrain division is helping a lot(in terms of vit.M) in this difficult time(as you all know FIAT is selling 100000 engines/year to MSIL itself apart from TATA & PREMIER).

THANKS ALL.
    1 person likes this.
  2. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Even Our SA told us at Car Booking Time that (18-19 August), just 1-2 days ago around 40 petrol Punto dispatched to all dealers and only 1-2 remaining at factory now , therefor we needs to wait little more Time to get Car deliver !!
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2012
  3. Ah, these figures are confusing me.After looking numerous reviews, i zeroed on linea.

But will it be history now? Should i go for it?
  4. marvin patrick gray

marvin patrick gray Amatore

Lucknow
    A lot of people think Fiat is on life-support, not doing well, is struggling, in great losses. I am not sure of all this thinking as Fiat is supplying engines and making money isn't it ? Had it been on life support it would have been long dead.
    Just read today that Fiat India's CEO retired and now has been replaced by a new CEO. Hopefully, things would turn around and in the coming 6-8 months(I would give him that much time) there would be new items from the stable of Fiat. A small car, MUV and an SUV is a must with variants; some tuned for economy(1.3MJD) and some for orgasm(1.9MJD).
    Anyways, 400 is pathetic raised to the million. This number can actually be handcrafted instead going on production line.
  5. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    Well, thats a great idea - if Fiat can manage to rope in Rajnikath for their ads, then Fiat sales would definitely increase in South India. Nothing better than Rajnikanth highlighting the MJD capabilities in his style

The discussion on Linea being history has been going on since some time now - but it has survived and will survive. This is just a passing phase and once Fiat showrooms are up, things should improve from what they are currently
    2 people like this.
  6. I think the reason for the low sales is paranoia. Tata cars are taking away whatever market share is left of FIAT,even I was told to buy Manza instead, as it has same features at lesser price, by the showroom, I would have bought that car if it didn't look so hideous from the rear.

I've waited a few months and the sales are even lower, there is no news of service centers in many towns. I'm looking forward to a "India tour" in my new car, but I don't want to be stranded in middle of nowhere just because a Tata service center says he doesn't service Fiat anymore.
  7. platinumshine

platinumshine Regolare

With new models coming in at the end of the year or early next year, along with dedicated Fiat service stations the sales will only grow although they may do so gradually. Fiat surely must be having some plan of execution up their sleeve. Else it would have been a pack-up long time ago. Current situation looks scary but there seems to be a glimmer of hope. Fingers crossed.
  8. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    I doubt that this is not true...

C'mon ..Aadya sells atleast 25-30 punto's a month...confirmed..

So it can't be only 400 Punto's..

I saw atleast 3 new cars since yetserday...brand new
  9. That means just 5k units a year?????this is too bad,i dont know where FIAT is going wrong,they have the national diesel engine,best in class features,looks are way way ahead of other cars,reliability,only service is the field its lacking in,but from sources it has been confirmed their services have improved a lot.
    How come Skoda with poorest service of the lot manage to sell good figures???

Indian car buyers really need to wake up and decide on their own as to what they really want from their car,and what are they really getting from their cars...

A Marutian once a marutian is always a marutian,even if they make tin boxes,customers are so loyal that they will buy them without even considering other cars..
  10. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I agree with you buddy !!!! This is the reason I really cant comprehend these sales numbers of FIAT :confused
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.