1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BoseSuman

BoseSuman Superiore

Midnapur (W.B) & Hyderabad (A.P) India.
    Linea 1.3
    Even I saw 2 TW Punto ( one emotion another Emotion Pack crossed me when I was about to enter in Office), One Linea OB Emotion ( 2012) model went towards Microsoft-Wipro road.

Including my 4 at a time. May be they are owned in earlier month.
  2. vickku2527

vickku2527 Timido

Friends, recently I visitied FIAT plant at Ranjangaon. It seems that it is more of TATA plant than FIAT. More numbers of Vista & Manza than our lovely FIAT cars. TATA has taken all good things from FIAT and have left FIAT bleeding to its death...

No hope for FIAT now..they don't want to survive in market. They are happy being a engine supplier.

I am seriuosly considering to sell my HEART-PUNTO.....GODS knows future of FIAT.....
  3. On the path of breakup with TATA , so this was expected as there are not many TATA dealers inclined to sell FIAT there may be a absence of pressure TATA management.

Please wait for few more months sales may pickup with independent show rooms, one may see 2K + sales again.

What is driving the sales down? I have listed what I could think of.

1) Need advertisements
    2) Improve internal quality
    3) Expand to outside of major cities,this is where TATA holds a edge
    4) Bring in A+ or B segment hatch at 4-5 lakh.
    5) Get dual logic gearbox to Linea and Punto
    6) Provide good service to Uno/Palio customers they can bring new customers to you.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
    7 people like this.
  4. Very true indeed. I feel a bit more proactive advertisements could boost up sales.
    A well priced SUV could also do wonders à la Renault Duster.
  5. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

I fully agree with all above points. Further to this......
    Linea launched in 2009 and Punto in 2010. Thereafter no new model (except variant of Tjet, 90 hp and sport).
    Palio and 500 are discontinued. So only 02 models for new exclusive dealer to show-off.
    Whereas see the range of Maruti, Tata, Hyundai. They have a car for every need.
    See the various new cars launched by comparatively new brands in a short span i.e Volkeswagen, Nissan, Renault etc. See their plans 4 future launches.
    Fiat needs a low cost small car by end 2012, SUV by 2013 and every year they should add completely new model covering different segment and at least 01 variant of existing model. Start exclusive "Fiat Service and spare shop" which will service and give spares of Uno, Sienna, Petra, Palio and Linea/Punto. Then both exclusive dealers and Fiat, both will survive.
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
    2 people like this.
  6. sid_10000

sid_10000 Regolare

In Aug 2012 FIAT sold totally 450 odd vehicles...
    Completely pathetic sales numbers. Wonder where the company is heading to (and we as owners).
  7. vikastwister

vikastwister Novizio

Soon my Fiat Punto MJD will be antique Piece with these sales numbers :). In Feb 2013 will complete her 3rd year. I like her, adoure her. Always keep my Car in healthy condition. I think after two years I will be joining the vintage car collection club with my Punto and will be displaying me car in there rally. But even with that tag also it will be shining like new.
    On serious note, I do not know what will help Fiat in india. People just do not want to buy Fiat. Even some thing happenned in there new Fiat due to there error they blame fiat. In my office one of my friend baught Punto MJD active one month back. Second he told me that this car is bad, its AC in not working in the new car. I asked him lets see your car. I asked him turn on the CAR and AC. He switched on the CAR but did not turn on the AC. I asked him turn on the AC. Answer was Fiat dis not provided the AC switch in the CAR its on by itself. I was really fascinated to kill him on the spot for this. But I asked him have you read the manual. He said no and dialled the customer care about AC switch. And was not able to find out the AC switch even after that. I enjoyed it alot. And later told him how to switch on the AC. In the next event same guy switched off the CAR when his punto was merged in to water in delhi. So water went inside his silencer. Then he again bashed the Punto that it did not started after switching off it.
    And believe me according to him he is having every problem with his every component of the car. But yes one was genuine, water from AC was getting stored in his carpet. But instead of resolving these problems he is bashing Fiat for creating this car. :)
    2 people like this.
  8. the drop can happen due to less pushy business from the tata higher ups. there could be light at the end of the tunnel. I see lots of print ads, and a few tv commercials as well. Fiat IS trying something there. But yes, as Sat-Chit-Ananda said, an A+ segment hatch could turn some market to Fiat. tiny bits of market could be stolen from Beat, i10, WagonR etc.
  9. nkrishnap

nkrishnap Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Firstly this month (from mid August to mid September) is inauspicious. The retails sales are quite ok, however the off take from the factory is nominal as the built up stocks will be cleared first at the dealers end.

Secondly not all dealer who have not signed to open a Fiat Dealership would have been too keen on selling the FIATS. So the numbers you see might be bad in absolute numbers, but the retail sales seem decent.
  10. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Think there is something wrong going on with the Numbers. or maybe misguiding it.
    I have heard that Mumbai and New Mumbai itself sold around 100 Fiat's in August....
    The RTO can give us the accurate Figure, But how to get hold of them..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.