1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theblack

theblack Esperto

varoon, yes sorry.. I forgot..
    I feel very strongly that all cars even Maruthi 800 is priced very high than its intrinsic value, I still maintain that if fiat really reworks their pricing strategies and starts playing with volumes rather than economics per sale we are set to seeing a great change in Indian automotive world.
    (But that is obviously not going to happen)
    1 person likes this.
  2. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    July 2012 sales Figure (team-bhp)

Linea - 151
    Punto - 619

Total - 770

June was 805.
  3. asif

Again dissapoinment,sales figures goin down each month,What's the next step from Fiat,thats what im eager to know?
  4. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

This may good for us ( Not for FIAT at all), Now Fiat will offers More discount to sell car !!;)
  5. teky

teky Esperto

And I read that HM has overtaken Fiat lol - I think this is interesting, let's see what happens next month.

Amar - Don't dream about more discounts, from what I can infer Fiat is making cars on order rather than pushing the cars down the sales stream. So in all probability they aren't repeating the mistakes which they did with T-Jet or the previous year and stocking too many cars either at the Factory nor at the sales outlet.
  6. sungoa2010

Old friends met again
    1 person likes this.
  7. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    I really wonder at sales numbers at times! I bought Punto during June last week from Aadya motors Bangalore. To my knowledge, Aadya sells atleast 1 Punto per day. i.e appx @30-35 cars per month from one showroom alone. There are @ 4-5 Tata-Fiat motors in Blore. Assuming everyone sells @ 25 cars per month, adds upto appx 125-130 cars per month from Bangalore alone! How come over all India sales is hovering so low!
  8. In Kottayam-Kochi roads too i find a lot of puntos with temporary regn stickers. punto_emotion says banglore is selling a lot. still the sales is around 700. this means the sales is definitely a skewed one. Someone is doing their job modestly well, someone is strugglings to, and someone is NOT doing his/her job. Fiat should certainly look into sales by region and serve appropriately.
  9. This might not hold true for all Fiat dealership across India. Moreover if you have this info from reliable source then its separate thing else normally dealers hype sales figure to the prospective customers. Oberoi motors did tell me about N number of puntos and Lineas selling. But we all are aware of ground reality. Infact when I took delivery of my beauty, there was only one Linea (mine) delivery mentioned to dealer's "delivery score card" whereas rest was filled with Indicas and Indigos. And after that I had visited thrice to dealership and I saw only 1 punto getting delivered.

Fiat India is still not doing much to increase their sales, lack of aggressive marketing/campaigning and above all Fiat India is not able to change its perception that a consumer carries for Fiat. I thing that's the deal breaker. If you ask 10 ppl about linea, i guess atleast 8 will say positive about looks but 9 will say negative about after sales service without even experiencing Fiat ASS and that's the perception! The remaining one out of 10 may be any one of us :)
  10. saipv

saipv Amatore

Fullscreen capture 822012 102429 AM.jpg

Punto sales somehow maintained consistency with previous month's figures .....
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.