1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marvin patrick gray

marvin patrick gray Amatore

Lucknow
    I am not sure what do you mean by this statement. Are you saying that i20 and Polo are a segment above Punto Sport ? People dont buy Fiat coz of its brand image. If you consider VFM(value for money) aspect, Punto beats Polo hands down and gives a neck-to-neck to i20 in a lot of aspects and even exceeds in quite a few.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. PuntoMJD

PuntoMJD Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ I just wanted to say Punto price should be less than i20 and Polo to prove VFM factor or may be in the territory of Figo.
  3. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Never. People are not buying it for not because it is not VFM. They are afraid of peace of mind. If one person get a niggle he will spread it to other 10 people. If he get a excellent drive he will not bother to share it with even one fellow. Even if he saved in an accident he will think that if it were maruti it would have easy to repair. he will not think whether he exist or not after the accident.

Punto is already at the bottom of its possible least offering. It is not Jazz or Fabia(old).
    5 people like this.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    A good majority of the FIAT buyers are those who have almost made the decision to buy FIAT before reaching the show room. That is, their decision to buy a FIAT car is not influenced by the sales team. There are some who, just becuase of the not-so-great experience from the sales team, decide not to buy a FIAT, remember, not because of the brand image or the history of FIAT in India.
    I know at least once person who wanted to buy a Linea, but ended up buying Skoda Rapid, just because of the poor response from sales guys at Prerana and KHT. Though I tried roping in Adit of KHT and his sales guy, the feeling he got was that FIAT is not keen about selling their cars.
    He had just posted a query on the skoda website. He was so impressed by the follow up and test drive experience that he kept Rapid as one of the options. What is in store once the ownership starts is a different issue. What matters is the impression that is created in customers. Next time some one asks his opinion about buying a FIAT, he is unikely to recommend FIAT.
    The impact of a decision to buy a car doesn't end with the delivery of the car to the customers. Customers these days think of the after sales service too before making the decision. When the sales guys fail to impress a prospective customer, he would be worried about after sales experience, and the car maker is losing a customer for ever.
    3 people like this.
  5. parry

parry

Bangalore
    Very valid point. My colleague approached Prerna for Linea but he was so disappointed with the presales process that he decided to go ahead with Honda City.

Now, I'm in market for the last few weeks for Punto and the response received from both KHT and Prerna doesn't create a good impression. There is no consistency in OTR price and offers as well. I'm little worried whether I should take the plunge or not.
  6. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Ghatkopar-Mumbai
    Fiat can remove 200 kgs of metal, 2 power windows, Blue & me, replace suspension with some ordinary suspension, replace hydraulic steering by EPS, and lots of other changes to price the punto below Figo. Will you buy it then ?

There are some people/company in life which are very stubborn in nature. They do it because they want to do it. They will not change because world want them to change. FIAT is one of them. Other examples are Sony Electronics, Royal Enfield, M F Husain, Quentin Tarentino and so on. They may not be successful in their business, because they do not think they are doing business. For them, it's their art. You like or not like it, they dont care. But one thing they gain is the respect. Can you believe a Honda sales person praising FIAT and suggesting a prospective Honda buyer to go for FIAT ? It happened with me. Not just one, but twice. When I told them that I am confused between Jazz and Punto, both of them told me to go for Punto. I couldn't believe myself hearing that from a Honda sales person. That's the respect. Even those who hate FIAT, they also praise FIAT. Strange but true.

Have you checked the price of top-end i20 and Polo ? It's in the range of 9 lacs (mumbai). Punto is 8.25-8.35 lacs (with discounts).
    7 people like this.
  7. I should say, Well Said. And Kudos.

I bought a Fiat for what it is, and not for being an alternative to swift or i20. It's not to be different, but it's cuz I felt this is me. It's true that I am worried about the after sales service too, but that doesn't take anything away from a Fiat. Plus, I have never felt good about the Maruti service teams that are at every nook n corner of even hamlets. They are present, but presence isn't everything. Fiat's ASS at Tata is at par with Maruti, in my view. Just that they don't have the volumes.

And for people who always think about VFM, they can't get all things in one car. Once you fix the budget, you might have to settle in for a less spacious car when u go for more ASS centres, or maybe space with less features, or better fuel efficiency with a vulnerable body.

I would say i20 and polo are in Punto's segment rather than the other way around. Selling volumes isn't the only criterion.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2012
    2 people like this.
  8. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    What such people fail to understand is, who is at more loss if they don't buy the car. Their decision is not going to impact Fiat or any other company for that matter as much as its going to affect this poor customer.

I think, he himself is not keen enough to buy the car. he can have his own judgments like Fiat is not keen to sell n all! he can't understand a simple fact that end of the day he will be at loss by not buying a better product compared to what he might end up buying..

I feel sorry for such people..
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Wrong.
    The company loses an immediate customer, and many potential customers whose decision can be influenced by him. Not every one knows the good and bad of each car before actually buying the car. They would consider factors such as cost, mileage, features available, presales experience, and so on. Many may not even look at performance and safety factors. If we think that we can ignore such people, then that will leave out a large majority of the buyers. Just think of how many DO NOT go for the new SWIFT which has poor braking abilities.
    Many understand the product better only during ownership. Those who have a good ownership experience can do better than what 10 competent salesmen can do.
    2 people like this.
  10. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    I agree on that but you didn't get my point! i didn't say that Fiat doesn't get impacted! i said that the impact is bigger on the buyer than on Fiat! As simple as that :)

Fiat will make money in some other country or here itself by selling engines! but this person will loose out on a better car! whats the reason for that? because salesperson didn't speak well or some other such reasons.. how logical is that!

when I am a first time customer, i want a better product no matter what! why am I going to worry whether the company wants to sell or not! the argument can go on but the main reason here is lack of awareness in the common crowd.
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.