1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    so no hopes for linea to revive. though punto doing decent numbers.
  2. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    700+ has now become decent number for Fiat.
    Interesting.
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    May has been a dismal month overall.

Just read in today's HT that only car maker's with diesel engine's in their portfolio have posted gains in May but a closer look reveals something else. Not every diesel engine car maker has done well.

Fiat , GM & Ford are case in point. GM & Ford sales are down 27% & 14% respectively although Toyota sales are up almost 107%!

What no body has noticed is that the Linea is actually outselling the new Ford Fiesta. Take a look at sales of these cars from february.

February Fiesta 77 to Linea's 365, March Fiesta 373 to Linea's 461, April Fiesta 227 against Linea's 300 and in May 257 Fiesta's against 287 Linea's. Sad to see another good car getting rejected by Indians.

June should be another bloodbath specially for car maker's depending heavily on petrol engine's. Honda should face a bludgeoning in June! I think even Maruti will further show a drop in June - they have already dropped about 3-4% in May.
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2012
  4. saipv

saipv Amatore

Fiat Sales So far :

jj.jpg

[ Source ]
  5. macky

macky Amatore

Its good that Punto is clocking consistent numbers! though 1000 a month would have been more decent. I am assuming that 90% of the Punto sales are Diesels and thats decent numbers if my assumption is correct, given the negative publicity it got and also the bad perception and add to it the heard mentality!
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Many times in cochin-Alwaye trip I have spotted more Puntos than i20. I think the punto sales are pretty good considering their strong presence few towns. What they need is more presence in other towns. I am seeing more figos than i20 in cochin even though i20 sales are more than that of ford.Even in my native place(a small village) in Trissur district I am seeing lot of Puntos.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Lets Hope and watch the sales figure climbing as they have the new M.D,
    As i am seeing the Punto Sports commercial more often nowadays, as they are also setting up their own sales and service outlets.
    Heard from the friend that More n More punto's are traced in Mumbai...
  8. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    And Punto outsells the so called Japanese Micra.
  9. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

I think if Fiat is able to clock 1000 every month for next couple of months things will be better with Fiat's owned network. May was not like every other month for Fiat and clocking 1000 mark in this month is really good.
  10. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Jazz has gone to 2K mark and being a petrol car the numbers are impressive. It was consistently lagging behind punto.
    If for Jazz it was the price and for then Fiat should improve with new dealerships. For jazz it took lot of time after price cut to reflect it in sales. Fiat need to wait
    for some significant changes. But it is not impossible.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.