1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayakrishnakola

jayakrishnakola Regolare

Bangalore

its the after sales issue that people are worried about when they think of fiat. people really dont know what the after sales senerio is unless they own a car. they read the rewievs from other websites like team***.com and others and also the auto magazines say the downside of owning a fiat is the poor after sales back up.

unless they own a car, they wont know that fiat is better than most of the other service providers.

i have had a situation where i had to get my linea serviced at guntur and drive to bangalore. guntur is the closest place from my native chirala. i had called them the previous day and explained my situation. they simply asked me to come over by 9 the next morning and by 11 am i was seeing guntur in my rear view mirror.
    such a response i received from a service center in where i didnt know any advisor.

not only me, even J ravi sir has many times been attended to in various places when he wanted his car to be attended to during his long trips. trust me we have had cars from maruthi, mahindra, hyundai, vw and toyota in my family and rite now if some one asked me which service network was the best of all i would say fiat. people at toyota also have dedicated workmanship but they are not as friendly as people from fiat.

the service quality of fiat is up to the mark. but the quantity is less my friend. the separate dealerships and service centres will take a long time to start. though they have begun constructions in many places.....right now fiat had 178 dealerships and to reach that amount individually is a challenging task but not impossible.
    fiat can start giving dealerships to outsiders too.

one of my friend who is a son of a minister in AP wanted to take up the fiat dealership @ karimnagar or hyderabad. when he contacted fiat, they replied that only existing tata-fiat owners have the permission to make separate fiat dealerships. if fiat gives it to outsiders too then there might be a chance to achieve the 180 dealership target soon enough.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2012
    2 people like this.
  2. kesav554

kesav554 Timido

Rajahmundry
    Agreed with most of your points. Even I get good service here in bangalore. But the problem is that, it is not consistent. One of my friends brought a punto 2012, his car glovebox does not fit properly. He took it to the service center twice, but it did not get fixed. Finally the 3rd time when he took to S.C, they gave him a bonus scrach on his front bumper. Same in my case. Last month I went to S.C to get some accessories, bonus I got is a scarch at the rear bumper.Anyhow they agreed their mistake after repeated followups and they repainted the scarch area without any charge.
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  3. I always hated the service from TATA
  4. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Now you will love it when you don't find a service center to service your car:lol
    3 people like this.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Sat, I have different opinion. Problem with TASS's is that they don't have proper process to follow and eventually end up ill-treating the customers. Technically, I don't see an issue with what they do. They mostly solve the issues reported by me. Whereas, In my 4 years of ownership of Hyundai, I always had bitter experiece with the HMP service in Chennai.
  6. Bala

Bala Esperto

Villupuram
    Though poor badge value,bad past history and ever existing doubts of spares and service availabilty were the reasons for poor sales number of Fiat,there is also another reason that I had always thought off.

marriage and cars as dowry:roll::roll::roll::roll:
    In my state,car sales atleast an 80 % of it occurs in the form of dowry,so much so that these days,a marriage never occurs without a car being parked outside the marriage hall(in the last decade it was a two wheeler and people have moved up!)and when people buy car for the prospective groom,they buy it keeping just the badge in mind,they would cry out from shoulder saying that they have bought the groom a Maruthi,Toyota or a Hyundai/Honda car and Fiat wouldn't even cross their mind at the time of purchase,neither the groom,who wouldn't even know driving have had the experience of a Fiat car and insist on one.
    So,better Fiat brings on a campaign to enlighten the groom/inlaw about the qualities of their cars!
  7. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    bala,
    thank god you have not requested the Indian law to have more number of marriages...:lol just for a car,ofcourse FIAT.
  8. puntosat

puntosat Superiore

Bangalore
    One of my colleague from your state got Ford fiesta as dowry...so you are right :)

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

One of my colleague from your state got Ford fiesta as dowry...so you are right :)
  9. Shivam

Shivam Amatore

Ludhiana
    Honda Siel Cars India registers a remarkable growth of 252 % in April 2012 | Motoroids
    Now read this despite having only petrol engines and sky hitting prices of petrol Honda's sales have shot up 252% here we say t-jet does not sells because of petrol prices
    What is the problem with fiat having such a wonderful car they are not selling and some people dont even know about t-jet version of linea
    Common Fiat India do justice to your cars..
  10. I can still get the parts from KAVA at economical price and my old trusted mechanic is can help.he already fixed my 1.5 year old khat khat sound from the suspension. which those deaf TASS folks could not hear, I might have been to them at least 10 times and left car for week to resolve the issue.!!

---------- Post added at 01:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Ramesh Sir,

I agree with you just adding they also try doing things not expected by them like hammering door well or filling grease in the strut mount(which makes the rubber to enlarge and bulge). they did more harm to my car then doing any thing good.
    -Sat
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.