1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vikastwister

vikastwister Novizio

I have stopped thinking that the sales will increase ever for Fiat in India. Does not matter if you have world class products with you. Either give the latest technology at country specific price range to keep exciting the customers or just be happy with the current sales numbers because you deserve it. With out latest technology in indian market you can not establish yourself as distinguish brand. The only problem with fiat is brand image. Once you are established as valued brand than you can sell any thing crap in india. Don't misunderstood me. I love my Punto MJD like any thing than any other car even my parents.
    I just hope that Fiat will be able to service my car for next 8 years or more. :). Car is already two years old and is a fantastic VFM.
  2. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

A small suggestion on the above line, Rest is bingo IMO in your post::T.
    The only problem is "with Brand image perception with Indian people". They have some of the brands that never made the advertisements for popularity. Still other corporate giants (Acer,Motorola,Puma...) lines up just for putting that Logo on their products, which has nothing to do with a car:mrgreen:..!!
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2012
  3. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

I also strongly feel , only history of PAL made Fiat cars from 1950s to 1990s and blunder done by Fiat dealers between 1997 to 2004 is haunting FIAT till today. In those days Fiat/Ambassador cars were owned by Rich and higher middle class having more than 95% car share in market. All other brands like Nissan, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Chevrolet, Ford etc. were owned by Super rich people having around just 5% market share. There was a different status for them owning these brands because you seen these brands one in thousands. But now all these so called super rich brands are easily available in same price bracket, so people are tending to buy " These brands rather than buying a Fiat" . Another reason is Fiat is placed next to a car which now mostly used as a Taxi (Indica/Indigo). This is also hampering customers who look for brand image. And a typical Janata type customer fells in the trap of buying "Indica Vista" over Punto and " Indigo Manza" over Linea. (" Saab same engine hai, same features hai, spare bhi saste hai, ek hi factory me banati hai aur ek lakh saste me mil rahi hai)
    So FIAL has to seriously change this attitude by opening separate sales/service stations, authorized Fiat spares shops, Giving authorization to Auto shops in small cities to sell original Fiat spares, launching more model as early as possible etc.
    2 people like this.
  4. Loki

90% of diesel cars sold in India come with a FIAT engine! (ok, i might not be too far off the mark...). Why cant FIAT make other parts which work as well? Is it the standard automotive rule that only the Japanese (even the Koreans nowadays) make functional parts ?? I dont think so... The thing with brand image is that it can can go from good to bad - and can be reversed too (but not overnight..)

For example:
    At one point in time, nobody thought that Hyundai / Kia could ever make good cars, let alone good looking ones (remember the original Santro ??). Ive read reviews in American/ European car mags where Korean cars always got a lot of flak. Cut to 2011 - The 2012 Hyundai Sonata was voted the North American Car of the year and people are actually considering it a very good alternative to the Camry / Accord (which are the segment benchmarks). Not just the Sonata, Hyundai have over the years completely revamped their line up (Elantra, Santa Fe etc) and these cars now look / perform on par with the best in the business...

The point I am trying to make is that while FIAT's reputation in India is in the doldrums, im betting my @$$ on the fact that it can be repaired. It cant be done overnight - will take some time and honest effort. The only thing is that the same mistakes shouldn't be repeated...
  5. N Kiran

N Kiran Staff Member Janitor

I might be one of the very few customers who went in to buy an Indica Vista and drove off in a Grande Punto. :D
  6. Me too in march 2010.
  7. maverick

maverick Amatore

Me too in July 2007, booked an Indica Xeta, cancelled it and got a Palio Stile :)

Sent from my iPhone
    1 person likes this.
  8. Rajen

Rajen Regolare

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  9. Punter's

Nai Dilli
    Great discussion is going on in this thread man. Eye opener for all but it is like banging your head on a wall and looking at the wall to check the damage. If these points can be forwarded to Fiat in any form. Then they would make sense otherwise, it is a stress buster and people are free to make their points. GOOD at least frustration is coming out.

I feel (100% personal opinion) Fiat should take example of different brands in India and see how and what they do to sell their products. Look at Fabia, it is a 3 pot engine and still selling in good numbers than Punto. Why ? Because they understood customer requirements (I guess). You may call it the strategy from VW but the end customer is getting a premium product at less price (feel wise). Fiat's MJD is way too advanced but not making any mark for Fiat though others are selling same engine with little fine tuning here and there. Look at TATA, they are just taking MJD and pumping in Vista, Indigo and Manza and selling good numbers than Fiat. Haad hai yaar.. Shhhhh !!!

Fiat thought that if they mingle with TATA they would have more number of showrooms and service centres and customer would get benefited but this idea back fired big time and they are in thick soup. Now, they look clue less and launched a midterm face lifted 2012 model. I am sure they would have made some point by face lifting it but did not participate in auto show and launch a caffe instead to show case their product. Caffe thing created some news and now it is dead point at closed area in CP, Delhi. Even approach road is blocked for two years for metro work. Look at the mind set of people working in Fiat. They are plain-jane bunch of stupids. Out of enitre NCR region they could able to find a spot, which is not accessible via direct road. Only Fiat enthusiast would come, but how many are there in the real World ? Are they making any efforts to make more enthusiast ? Why are you breaking confidence of current enthusiasts by r**ing their confidence again and again.

At the end, people will still buy Fiat and bang their head on the wall to check the damage. I would feel ashamed by ignoring Punto to buy some other car (planning) but the truth is how long and why would I like to learn about Punto or Fiat cars by going to service station again and again to understand mechanicals of it !

Note: If above post looks confusing, blame me but I am really confused...he he
  10. sungoa2010

Only relief is that '1' has decided to sit on the extreme left. Fiat, We need one more 'zero' for us to sleep peacefully.:mad:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.