1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    Yes. I am sure. Dealers don't buy it. It is provided by Fiat itself for the TD.
  2. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Wow Linea - 501, Punto - 1600 Figure looks better for 1st month of year( after BAD 2011)
    I hope so sales may increase more than this !! Good Luck Fiat :car ( and we may give +1 Contribute to sales of Punto very soon)
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Gurgaon
    ramjn, dealers have to buy the test drive cars - this is the reason that some dealers do not have dedicated test drive vehicles. This is also the reason that some dealers do not permanently register the test drive vehicle and then attempt to sell it off as a new vehicle (especially near the new year). In my hunt for the TJet, some dealers have told me that they would be selling off their test drive vehicles soon
  4. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    In many parts of India , esp North , the Punto and Linea were not available , dealers only had one OR two cars at most and that too in showroom display . I contacted 5-6 dealers across Punjab-Himachal-Panchkula around 2nd week of december. I think the good sales figures are result of NON AVAILABILITY OF STOCKS IN DECEMBER .
    But its really a good comeback for both cars <label for="rb_iconid_7"> icon7.png </label>.
    Hind motors in chandigarh and mohali have changed their dealership to VW. So out of 3 dealers 2 have closed , One Dealer was really walking distance from my home<label for="rb_iconid_9"> icon9.png </label> .
    These cars deserve much more . Fiat Now should give some discounts and advertise that good , m sure they will get sales , as most of its rivals are in 2-6 months waiting and no discount .
    Its almost certain than Govt will impose 10-15%(80,000 - 160,000)excise on diesel cars <label for="rb_iconid_9"></label><label for="rb_iconid_13"> icon13.png </label>in 14th march budget session <label for="rb_iconid_8"> icon8.png </label>, that will change whole diesel car market
    Good Luck Fiat
  5. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    figures for punto looks great but poor performance from linea. lets wait and watch.
  6. marvin patrick gray

marvin patrick gray Amatore

Lucknow
    Definitely some numbers there for Fiat in Jan 2012. I agree with 'SINGH' that Linea and Punto weren't available in December. I checked almost all UP dealers and i had a negative answer.
    Hopefully, numbers will increase after the upgrades done to both Punto and Linea.
    I will be honest; I am a little jealous that now Punto Dynamic owners will have many new features which I don't have in my 1.2 Dynamic. The irony of the story is that had I known that Punto will be upgraded in Jan 2012 I would not have bought my car in Jan 2011. Iceing on the cake is that i was only able to drive it for just 2500 odd kms since I purchased it and decoration on the iceing is that now I will not be driving it for the next 8-10 months, being shifted to Swindon, UK for sometime. Only saving grace for me is I get to see every generation of Punto being driven here in UK as well as some Alfa Romeos and Abarth and a lot of FIAT 500, yes, a lot of FIAT 500s.

Can we all in this forum try to publicise Punto and Linea ? Yes we can. We all have facebook accounts, isn't it ? Why not someone from the moderators make a small, crisp write-up of Linea and Punto mentioning some unique features and we all can share it as a status on our respective profiles ? This would be a nice way to atleast let our friends know what Fiat is all about. May be someday for Punto and some other day for Linea.
    This is just a thought. Both these cars need word of mouth to show numbers. If people can buy Baet, 2i0, bafia, lopo, tirz, Tieos, Yunns, Tenvo, Zedire etc then why not Punto or Linea ?
    1 person likes this.
  7. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    60 percent of fiat car sales happens in south India and 38 percent of the share goes to Kerala Only.

reason -south India have accepted and dealers welcomed Fiat as reliable brand.

at least at my hometown in Kannur Fiat is noway an obsolete brand but as common and popular as suzuki swift and Ritz.
    4 people like this.
  8. somu_200

somu_200

Hyderabad
    2012 is good start... we expect the same in the rest of the year.. all these sales are new 2012 model or stock clearance by dealers by giving good discounts?
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Excellent number for Punto after a long time.:) Linea's numbers are slowly, but steadily increasing every month. Hope, this trend continues with sustained publicity campaign from FIAT India.
  10. i second jayadev. here in trivandrum/thiruvalla/kottayam places, i see quite a number of lineas n puntos on the road. in city limits and highways. i've always wondered why fiat s having such low sales when i see more lineas than hyundais n toyotas on the road. more punto than even i20, i must tell you. i think fiat needs to give something back to south indians for the trust, and open more service centres here.
    2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.