1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Total sales of Fiat cars in india from january 2009 to march 2012

Fiat Linea - 28,822

Fiat Punto - 36,919

Fiat 500 (Now Discontinued) - 68

Fiat Palio Stile (Now Discontinued) - 841

Grand total - 66,650
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  2. sungoa2010

Fiat should have a india specific car. That is the only solution for them to attract indians. The Punto is a strictly European hatch and instead of indianising it let them keep it as
    it is and build a new car below 5 lacs. With their wonderful engines and suspension they can really do wonders. Give the general public what they want. Give as much a beige,chrome, low priced spare parts, storage space, etc etc.
    1 person likes this.
  3. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

I heard fiat is not giving service to old palio(petrol) in their service stations. They only service MJD engine vehicles!!! things like that will reduce the trust in Fiat for people in India. Who knows after couple of years if Fiat says no service for my punto then it will be heartbreaking for me..Fiat is not trying to build their brand value, almost all the things are done by Tata motors. as some members pointed out that Fiat made big mistake there. I am hoping against hope for the best.
  4. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

I went to pickup my RC today and glad to notice that everything is in order. The dealer told me that 90HP will very shortly retail at 9L, whereas I paid 8L.
  5. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Who will buy it if it retails at 9L? There are only very few takers for 8L itself.
  6. Relativity

Relativity Superiore

I guess the 90 is an enthusiast's car and was never meant for the masses anyway. So, I'm guessing as long as Linea is still 1.5 L away; the enthusiasts will still pick it up.

BTW, there are 2 Linea Nov 2011 models in MJD Emotion pack still lying there and though they are quoting 9.5L; I guess they are pretty desperate to sell. Anybody interested can call Linesh at 9543796610.
  7. clash81

clash81 Regolare

if it turns out to be 9 lakhs for 90hp, fiat can think of stopping production right away.
  8. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Let's list down few facts to get a perspective:

• Fiat is a cursed brand in India. It has left it's customers in lurch time & again. It's dealers (PAL dealers) virtually looted the customers - be it refund of bookings or exorbitant charges for spares/ service.
    • Fiat's all repeated attempts failed.
    • It did not manage 2 legendary products, if we may say legendary - Uno & Palio. While it goofed up in delivering huge Uno bookings (due to factory strike), it messed up it's own operations to kill Palio. Spares not available and it left it's customers after they put faith in Palio.
    • 2 New Products - Linea & Punto. Good Cars. But goofed up QC. Many niggling issues.
    • CSC failures left few customers stranded on the road.
    • Frequent replacement of Brake Pads & Discs required. While Fiat may have positioned competitive parts price, labour charges are killing.
    • Weak AC.
    • Many customers had to frequently change Elastic Pads.
    • Noise in front. Strut mountings are frequently replaced.
    • Coolant leakage is a known issue.
    • Wiper Fluid reservoir breakage happened in quite a few car initially. Unheard of in the industry.
    • Alloys rim bend.
    • Many of the Parts still not available off-the-shelf. Takes weeks to order.
    • All these means a customer has to repeatedly visit dreaded TASS which is a depressing experience.
    • No uniform guidelines in service. Every TASS does work & charges on it's own.
    • Very little done by Fiat to position their cars & the new innovative features they brought in to put it on customer's top of mind. Failed to connect with the customers.
    • Peace of mind is absent & for a usual customer it still a harrowing experience to face TASS every few days with a helplessness.
    Tell me. Why should sales increase? What has Fiat done to rectify all these in last 3 years? The sales is actually plummeting.

Any guess for next 3 months sales figures?
    Do you think that it will increase over even 1500 for both the cars put together?
    5 people like this.
  9. sungoa2010

Fiat should have taken extra care in QC of their cars. For an Indian to buy a car we need to save atleast 10 times than the Europeans or Americans. Even a student can buy a car there but in India one has to save and then possibly with the help of a loan one has to full fill the four wheeler dream. I am talking about the average buyer. So the expectation is very large. Peace of mind is a deciding factor whether it is in terms of service or quality issues. Fiat need to address this fact.
    But I think things will improve. If we compare the recent cars and old cars the niggling issues have reduced. Clutch failure is not heard like that we used to hear in few years ago. The plastics are way ahead. I am still on hope for a better tomorrow.
  10. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

When i met the FIAT VP at the Caffe launch, he literally challenged us to find even a single fault in the 2012 cars. We'd asked him what is FIAT doing about the small niggles which we've seen in many brand new FIATs.

Seeing that some 2012 cars are also having niggles present - Mr. Bhatia, you've lost the challenge , mate. ;)

FIAT have got to start sending niggle free cars from the factory, every single one of them. Even if it's a loose bolt etc, a new customer feels shortchanged when he has to take the car to the dealer within a short time of purchase. That dampens the spirit a lot.
    1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.