1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Reason is simple. Fear of the Quality of Service from TATA SC. Who would want to end up in trouble just because you did your routine service of the car, which has been running fine till you gave to TATA SC for service.
    Sometimes when I attempt to start my car, it fails start with the MID saying EBD failure. I reported this during last running service and told them check battery, and connections for any leakage.
    The SA's answer was this: But when you try to start again, the engine starts fine, correct? Several people have reported this. Dont worry about this, just crank again and things will be fine.
    They only checked the battery and confirmed that battery fine and is charging properly. The FIAT SA or the customer care person for FIAT cases had no clue why the error is appearing. All they know is that there is an issue like this, but don't know how to resolve this. Or is it that they dont want issues to be resolved?
    I sincerely feel that if it were a FIAT owned service center, the story would have been different.
    What I am trying to say is this: Until FIAT starts their own sales and service centers, customers are not going to trust FIAT and the numbers are not going to increase.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  2. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    The dealer from which I bought my Car ABS Gurgaon has sold 23 Fiats in March.....If we make an assumption that all dealers in India sell an average of 1 fiat car the Total would be more than 1500....... how come only 1400...so dissapointing....
  3. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    How much you want to bet that even with their own sales & service center's, things will still go worse for Fiat India?
  4. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    amit, what is your take on Fiat India currently? You want them to shut their shops leave it ? :D
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    At the least, we will have the father taking care his son/daughter rather than somebody's father, as if there is no one else to take care of those kids!

Actually, I didn't want to mention this in the earlier post: Now that FIAT has almost decided to set up their own shops by 2014, is there a guarantee that TATA will not screw up FIAT's prospects by then?
    To be frank, I lost interest in these sales numbers and marketing stuff. My Punto has never ditched me in the last 30+ months. I am happy with my car, only that matters to me as of now.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2012
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Things will be much much more worse with Fiat own service centres. Parts which take a week to come will take months to come. You will have to travel much more to "find" a Fiat service centre, if you can find one. Your ownership cost and experience will be much more worse.
  7. Fiat is in talks with Premier to supply MJD for their RIO, mentioned in ET. Also there is a statment which goes as

Commenting on the company's plans to increase the number of exclusive showrooms as it looks to increase sales in India, Kapoor said: "At present there are two exclusive showrooms, which will be ramped up to 25 in 20 locations by the end of this year."

The exclusive showrooms will be opened by only those dealers which are currently operating joint showrooms with Tata Motors, he added.

"We will announce a detailed network and product strategy by the end of this month. After this year we will ramp the number of exclusive showrooms," Kapoor said, however adding that the joint outlets with Tata Motors would also remain "as these are the viable options in smaller towns".

Hope those showrooms will also have seperate service stations.
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What more worst is left for Fiat here, already on bottom.:p

Though we are still not very sure of the strategy, but the service centers will be owned by existing dealers itself, and it will be just exclusive for Fiat cars. I believe this will be in addition of the existing service centers.
    And Fiat is more inclined towards exclusive showrooms, than service centers, to enhance the brand image.
    I feel whatever will happen will be better (it is already worst image for Fiat in India).
    1 person likes this.
  9. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    There is still room, actually :p

from 1415 it can still go to earlier levels of 600's. Watch out for next few months sales.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.