1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SAF_RoadWarrior

SAF_RoadWarrior Amatore

Linea 1.4
    Pundit Pimpri showroom delivered 19 Fiat on the day of 23rd March/Gudi Pawda.
    And close to 40-45 in March 2012.
    ..and 1 T-jet + (Belongs to this post owner ::)
  2. prashantgupta84

prashantgupta84 Regolare

New Delhi
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Why Fiat Why...........do disappointing to see such low sales of The best hatch Back and sedan in India
  3. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Out of 1415 Fiats, how many Lineas and How many Puntos ?
  4. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Its Fine as per the Sales goes, We should be happy that people are joining the FIAT fly at a slow speed, And believe me the people who has FIAT with them has tested all the japanese and Korean cars and landed for the Punto.Linea.
    and for sure the others really envy as the Punto/Linea Zips past them,
    Tell me frankly which car is still a Head Turner even after 4 Years of the Launch.....
    For Sure the Figure will Pump up soon,,:dance
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2012
  5. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Swift Dzire, the moment you see one you turn your head around, pretending it skipped your eye :lol
    5 people like this.
  6. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

It seems that no gain for Fiat in JV with Tata in terms of sales numbers. I would like to see JV ends completely and want to see independent fiat dealerships and service centers. I am sure that Fiat can do better and somewhat similar to Toyota is doing now. One or two models will change the fortunes and now the current JV prevents Fiat from trying for different models with variety of engines.
    1 person likes this.
  7. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Rahul, They are very shameless when it comes to sales stats. They didn't pack up when they were selling 60-70 Palio's per month:D. Maruti will start distributing their cars free of cost if they ever come across such an embarrassment:mrgreen:. This engine deal declares indirectly that we are not packing because of sales no's at least.

Not a -ve strategy at all. I already have said that they can't set auto-sector on fire now if they didn't do it 3 yrs back. They have even hinted how much they are hoping to sell & that's 1650 cars/month (20000/year). Oops!! In Jan & Feb they crossed their targets:mrgreen:.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
  8. I was commenting on the idea that 1500-2000 is enuf for Fiat. what if it is 2001? what if it is 5000? Don't we try to encourage others to buy Fiat, though we value the kind of exclusivity we enjoy on the road when other turn their heads n eyes in admiration? Don't we still want our good friends n acquaintances to buy Fiats? Yes we do. And Fiat should also have the hunger. Selling their heart to Maruti/Tata is okay, but give a thought to one's own as well. Mere revenue is not important for a company. For myself, i enjoy when people are in awe at my Punto. But I want fiat to be a strong contender in the market. Cuz it needs to be up there when even Hyundais are on top.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Sure Rahul, they will be strong in India & it's nice to see your care for FIAT.
    But before this, i would suggest you to check the FIAT sales stats in 2005-06-07-08. They are selling many folds more now.
    Also If you notice, since 2009, they have sold around 80,000 (Linea's+Punto's). Now if you compare it from the earlier span, it's clearly showing that they have made sort of come back. If It wouldn't have been been FIAT, there was 0% probaability that anyone else could do. How do you expect them to sell more than 2000/month with 3 Yrs old products? I think they have rightly decided for 20,000. Also pls note that since customer service/distribution N/W belongs to data, they have hardly invested anything to distribute these vehicles to the end user. Hence the margin is very high.

They are coming back but you won't see anything encouraging to pull a grin on your face (on the sheets) for next 2 Yrs. I think, they have just managed a very good platform for their upcoming launches at last. In coming days, well, FIAT might just pull out real surprises with their new launches like FORD/GM have done with their FIGO/BEATz. If you notice Fiesta/Aveo/OPTRA prepared the platform for GM/FORD & these cars were never the hot seller despite being better products than their current offerings.
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  10. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Fiat is planning to post all their sales details across all regions on their website periodically is what WSJ is saying.

Check here and here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.