1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sungoa2010

I partially agree with Amit. Fiat need a broad service network before they get in to small car business. TASS may not be able to accommodate them. Even if they do customers may not be able to service their vehicle as easily like in a Hyundai or maruti. Tata will also come with their own new cars.
    Regarding brand value I don't agree with amit. Ford had a very bad image, but now they are atleast performing well with Figo. If one get correct product the brand value doesn't play a much role to get some decent sles. I don't think Fiat also dream for Lion's share. Even if maruti gave them that they can't handle it. Let them grow slowly, but improve fast.
    Now Fiat engines are well accepted. People any day opt it over any thing from Ford or VW. People's concern is only service.
  2. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

From the past 10 days or so I am seeing hell lot of puntos in BTM and near by areas. I even started counting tne new swifts and puntos ,which resulted in number of puntos being on the higher side. I think people are slowly getting to know about Punto and it is in turn getting converted in to sales..
    2 people like this.
  3. Vikrant Joshi

Vikrant Joshi Amatore

4. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

OMG , Just 1415 Cars In March !! IMO , April Sales Will DOwn More , Due to Increased CAR Prices !!!
  5. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

1415 cars are ok, IMO. May be a consistent 2000 will be appreciable. They are not targeting more than 20,000 vehicles this year, already declared in their official statements. Albeit may not be 20,000 but should hit pretty close to the target. I personally don't want FIAT to be a common choice like other cars. What's the use of boasting strong points of SWIFT when everyone has it already. It's like what my hands, eyes & teeth can do:mrgreen:.
    Just keep them selling average so that it shouldn't be a rare sight on the road.

The most important thing is, even with 20000 yearly sales, FIAT is set to post heavy revenue this year. Their production facilities are running at 100% utilization & the engines supply to Maruti, Premier is setting up the tone. I think FIAT declaring profit first time since the days of "Padmini" is nothing less than a festival for FIATians. They were never setting the fire in auto-sector with Punto/Linea now if they didn't do it 3 yrs back.

I enjoy so much the mesmerized faces in the 90 HP's rear view.
    It's so refreshing to see people feel guilt, regret & cursing themselves on highways when-ever "the one" passes by, "Ohhh, i had the chance, what the hell was i smoking"!!
    Trust me they do!
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
    4 people like this.
  6. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

Sales in March and Feb 2012 were high because of rumours that price of diesel cars would increase. From April, normal sales would resume. With increased prices, looks like FIAT would reach a figure of 1000 only. Lets see how it goes from next month onwards
  7. fiat_fan

fiat_fan Amatore

disappointed ... I am seeing new puntos every where here in my town but the sales number doesnt match with that. even suspicious about Tata's involvement on this.... I cant believe this number :shock:
    2 people like this.
  8. This is too negative philosophy. Fiat India is not bringing out Rolls Royces. They are targeting the normal Indian customer with cars like Palio, Punto and Linea. and if they're satisfied with 1500-2000 per month, it's time they packed up their bags. What company that makes stuff for the mass doesn't want to increase its sales? if, as ENKI says, Fiat doesn't want sales above 2000, that means they're not interested in selling. OR, not interested in serving the extra customers they get. Get more them Fiats on the road, open more service centres, up the quality check at the factories. Fiat should stick to the fundamentals, else they'll be wiped out. Cuz sales will only go down with their increasing the prices.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2012
  9. sungoa2010

Fiat in india is not a loss making company as the sales would indicate. There is nothing wrong if they utilize the plant felicity for engine manufacturing for others. There are decent numbers of punto and Linea on the road. I don't expect a linear climb in Fiat's sales, certainly there will be fluctuations and we can see a trend only after few months. In some parts of country Fiat is selling very good, They need to improve the dealer network, which they already started. Definitely when they increase the networks there will be a proportionate increase in sales. Who said Fiat will be wiped out from india. Just test drive a new petrol swift and diesel swift. The multijet engine has given a different class feeling to the diesel compared to petrol counter part. Fiat is a bread and butter for Indian automotive industry. It will survive and do well no doubt about it.
    3 people like this.
  10. smlakshman

In Gunindy Concorde, the sales of punto shoot up to 44 CARS in March month alone and there was no much advertisement from Fiat.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.