1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

"German Engineering" is a big pull factor in the Indian market it seems. Anything even remotely connected with Germany automatically becomes desirable.

And VW do know how to sell a car.

2. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    Production in Feb 2012 - 192 units. -89.93% compared to Feb 2011.
    Production in Feb 2011 - 1887 units.

Production April 2011 to Feb 2012 - 14,449 units. -27.34% compared to April 2010 to Feb 2011.
    Production April 2010 to Feb 2011 - 19,885 units.

Domestic Sales Feb 2012 - 1705 units.
    Domestic Sales Feb 2011 - 1842 units.

Export Sales Feb 2012 - 0
    Export Sales Feb 2011 - 104.

Palio & Punto Production Feb 2012 - 88. Domestic Sales Feb 2012 - 1340. Export Sales Feb 2012 - 0
    Palio & Punto Production Feb 2011 - 1167. Domestic Sales Feb 2011 - 1085. Export Sales Feb 2012 - 94

Linea Production Feb 2012 - 104. Domestic Sales Feb 2012 - 365. Export Sales Feb 2012 0
    Linea Production Feb 2011 - 720. Domestic Sales Feb 2011 - 757. Export Sales Feb 2011 10

​Source & Copyright: SIAM.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
  3. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Y'day I was into a debate with one of my colleague as myself & this colleague were recommending options to a friend of mine who is planning to buy a car. My colleague came up with the option POLO (Not the mint with a hole..;) ) & I was curiously asking him why he is recommending POLO.

So his points were
    1) As he had a POLO when he was in UK, he know the car well
    2) It is a solid build
    3) Though they dont give much features & all, what ever it has is perfect . But again he was not sure of the ASS. So he was almost blankly supporting VW. When I told him that Fiat's build is also as solid or even better than Polo, he seem to be surprised.

So his next counter point was FIAT is serviced by TATA. TATA has really earned this reputation of giving a bad ASS which is directly affecting the FIATs sales . When some one i planning to buy a car, FIATs are not even considered in their list. They talk about all these VWs, Skodas, Hyundais, Hondas, Fords & even the cheapest makes from Toyota Etios /Liva, but no FIATS anywhere.

I personally feel that FIAT is selling at least this much in India only because of the very existence of these many enthusiasts & fans which they have in India and mouth marketing by all these Fiat enthusiasts .
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  4. sungoa2010

Even we use German formula in washing powders also. In childhood thought why only Germans makes formulas:confused:.
    Agree that Germans are the best in Marketing. They become popular in no time.

Amit, So it looks in February Fiat workers were busy in polishing Manza and Vista and the 2011 make Fiat cars. So the February production cars (192 units) should be 100% niggles free since they get enough time for quality check.
  5. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Fiat never advertises about its Italian Engineering. It doesn't even talk about its link to Ferrari ,which many people are not aware of at all. Is there any clause for FIAT which cannot use its high profile brands for marketing?
    2 people like this.
  6. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

I think Fiat badly need 02 new models to be introduced urgently.(Before end 2012)
    1. Fiat Mio (Small car sub 4 Lakh) to increase sales by at least 3000+ Nos./month
    2. Fiat Freemont SUV (9 to 12 Lakhs) to enter into SUV market. So even if sales is around 500+ Nos will be OK.
    This will have total 04 horses in Fiat's stable. A bit wider choice for customer. And Fiat's total sales will go 5000+ per month which will increase market share.
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2012
    3 people like this.
  7. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Fiat_India needs to launch the small car soon......
    As the people are aware of the Japanese and Koreans, They are now heading towards Italian and German Engineering,
  8. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

What first FIAT needs is to learn about Indian market.with out that no matter how many number of models introduced in the market, sales will be moving downwards itself!!
  9. amit

amit Superiore

Navi Mumbai
    A lot of people seem to believe that a small car will help Fiat achieve better sales. I do agree that Fiat has releavent small car's for India like the Panda & Idea which can compete with Wagon R & i10 and even beat them in many area's. BUT, do we really believe Fiat has what it takes to sell a 4 lakh rupee car?

Fiat will have to sell about 12 to 15,000 units every month of a 4 lakh rupee car to make profits. Do you really believe that Maruti & Hyundai will give up their turf that easily to a new comer? Do you believe Fiat has it in them to fight with these companies tooth & nail to sell cars?

People buying this car will be first time car buyer's.

Fiat will have to bend over backward's to service these car's and keep these customer's happy. Don't forget, these first time car buyer's if happy with Fiat will end up buying a Punto or Linea. Ask Maruti about this!

Do you really believe Fiat has it in them to sell & service 15,000 cars every month?

See this is Fiat's problem in India:

- They do not have the capability to sell & service car's that can bring them market share , volumes & profit's.

- They do not have the brand name , the brand pull or the zing in their brand to sell high end car's for 7 lakhs & above.
  10. i believe what Fiat has to do is improve its fit n finish, along with service. just two-three days into my life with the Grande Punto, some plastics have generated gaps. I believe it's not a big bother, but unwelcome sight when looked at from close quarters.

Come On Fiat, Learn!!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.