1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2012) discussion

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Feb 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    I understand this. That's the reason why I am saying that not all Tata dealers are bad. Personally, I have had good servicing experience with TAFE, Chennai because of the rapport I have created with the people over there. They indeed do very good job than the Hyundai Service Center (HMP) for which I had 4 years of exp. with them :). Recently, I had to visit the service center in Salem "True Sai Works" for a minor door opening problem in my Linea. To my surprise, I was received well, was taken to the lounge and the SA asked me to wait there. The work was completed in 30 minutes flat and again the SA came down and explained what was done on the car. He also noticed that my car is nearing for the second service. He immediately gave his card and asked me to call him for any issues. And one more point to add, this is the cleanest TASS I have ever seen.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    This welcome letter looks like their standard template for TATA cars. They may have just replaced the car name with Punto without realizing that the letter head is meant for TATA cars only and not for FIAT.
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Should Mail this letter to Fiat-India,
  4. marvin patrick gray

marvin patrick gray Amatore

Lucknow
    Fiat India following issues as far as I can think of :-

-No seperate dealerships.
    -No great advertising/marketing.
    -No great leadership/team/professionalism to resurrect Fiat.
    -Bad words in public spread by EXPERTS based on things which were there some 10 years ago.

-No seperate dealerships :- Fiat fells short of this main thing which would have been in it's planning since the launch of Linea. May be they could have started with just 2 dealerships and increase in by 2 every month since the launch of Linea then things would have different. So by this time they would have had almost 70-odd dealerships. But they relied too much on Tata and didn't have any backup plan just in case their Tata tie-up didn't work. So relying too much on a competitor who has more models to offer backfired for Fiat. Also since 3 years of launch of Linea and Punto, they didn't came up with any new car/SUV/MUV. All they have is Punto(petrol and diesel) and Linea(petrol and diesel). Compare this with Hyundai(Verna, Eon, i10, i20, santro and even Santa Fe), Toyota(Liva, Etios, Corolla, Innova, Camry, Fortuner), Maruti(800, alto, A-Star, Ritz, Swift, Dezire, SX4), Tata(Indica, Vista, Indigo, Manza, Aria). Nobody expected Fiat to give 7-8 models in 3 years but it should have launched atleast 2 more apart from Punto and Linea.

-No great advertising/marketing :- This was and is probably the biggest mistake Fiat made that was not to market and advertise Fiat cars. All the hype of Fiat launching Linea and Punto was to be found only among automobile enthusiasts and not general public. It failed to create a hype, failed to let people know what Fiat is or will be launching and failed to market the product. I remember seeing ads of Figo coming up regularly in newspapers, Manza, SX4 ads of 4 girls saying Men are Back, Fluidic Verna ad etc but Fiat was nowhere to be seen until just last Sep/Oct.

-No great leadership/team/professionalism to resurrect Fiat :- Top-level management should do all effort to save the brand and generate a hype about it. They should go firing with all cylinders and Royal Enfield did it around 1999-00 to save it and which Ideal Jawa(Yezdi) was not able to in 1996-97. Resurrection of a brand needs personal commitments of great levels and being accountable of every thing. Top level needs a shifting bigtime. They are still happy selling 1.3 MJD to Maruti and Tata which will keep their salaries coming.

-Bad words in public spread by EXPERTS based on things which were there some 10 years ago :- It was good to know that quite a few members here are spreading a positive word about Fiat and are helping their friends to buy Fiat cars. But still there are people who believe that Fiat ASS still stinks. There are black sheeps in every herd but lets not focus on them and if someone does, he would be made clear of his misconceptions of Fiat which are based on things that were prevalent 10+ years ago.

Last but not the least, masses of India tend to focus on pockets, savings, costs, after-sales etc more than things like safety, security, quality. They tend to follow the general opinion rather than give a thought themselves. And it leads them to the ruling players of the game. See the Uttar Pradesh results today. People almost forgot about the SP reign pre-2007 which was full of crime and criminals and voted it again to power and that too in full majority. One thing for sure, by 2017 the fate of Uttar Pradesh and Fiat would be very much clear. Either they will make it big or will loose whatever little they have now.
    2 people like this.
  5. nithin.v

nithin.v Amatore

Hi
    I wish Mulayam and Fiat will learn from the past.
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2012
  6. rajasimhan.v

rajasimhan.v

I don't think Fiat will learn till they die...I'm one among the most eager Fans of Punto 2012 who should be very happy at this point as I'm taking my delivery this weekend (god only knows whast gonna happen) but, for what I'm going thru with Tata Motors for the last 2 weeks(will post the story in a separate thread), I'll not recommend Fiat even for a stranger.

Its not the Fiat's 1000 happy customers who decides the sale, its their dissatisfied customer (prospective). From what I read and hear, I believe people who are dissatisfied with Tatas are growing day by day and if this is how they gonna do the business, my humble suggestion to anyone who is thinking of buying Fiat is, please rethink your decision.
  7. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Chennai
    Linea 1.3
    rajasimhan.v, you shouldn't generalize the problem. Bad experience happens with all the manufacturers. You should probably be specific on your problem and then we would be able to judge about the issue. In most the bad sales experience, the problem lies with the dealer.
  8. rajasimhan.v

rajasimhan.v

I buy car via Dealers and not via Fiat so I have every right to say the mistake is with the Fiat (& generalize it) since they are not monitoring their dealers properly and I'm not the first person to complain the Tata dealership and there are many proofs even in this Forum on how happy people's buying and owning experience with Tatas. Yes, I do have to explain the details of what happened and I will post it as I'm occupied now.
  9. ENKI

ENKI Esperto

Hummm... Have to admit FIAT is toughest luck for a few.
    In-fact ugliest nightmare for a better word:lol.
    Sure they will die as i read somewhere above.

FIAT: F*** it again Tony:p!!

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:06 PM ----------

How about advertising their security aspects on television broadcast with Photos of trucks parked on their cars & occupants still saved scratch-less. Why not interview these families & let them announce to Indian people "why they are alive now"?
    Let FIAT manage a series of brief 1 minute advertisements clip & show to the Indians that will shake them to the core. Add some good tag line.

This USP will be unique & will spread like infection. No other manufacturer will try to follow this gimmick with the photos of their cars reduced to 20-30 Kg blob of iron that is hardly worth Rs. 500 at scrap yard. Their customer caring executives will be terribly embarrassed & will close their eyes whenever they see a FIAT Advertisement coming up on TV broadcast.

FIAT are you listening this::T??? Let the world see how TV adds can turnaround a hardly selling brand into a good seller with-in six months
  10. I really loved the manual... Has FIAT changed its name to TATA... how can they do goof up on this..

no wonder people feel that its not FIAT but a TATA product.....:A:A
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.