1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Toruk_Macto

Toruk_Macto Amatore

Mostly transport guys are buying it. I work in a area where there are lots of call centers. I see lots of Indica vista now-a-days. I know of a transport guy who purchased vista in exchange of old indicas. He said it's more comfortable and more spacious. He was regularly getting complaints for his old indicas.
    Transport guys will never go for any other car than old indica or vista. They want more space than anything else.
    One of my friend was confused between punto and vista. He always believed punto is much better car than vista and thought it is 1 lac costlier than vista. But, after checking with me and dealer, he was surprised to know that it's just about 30k costlier. And as expected, he went for punto because it was marginally costlier than vista.

The problem is that an average user checks websites like carwale and just on the price front, they rejects punto on first go. Thanks to poor Fiat marketing.
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    Grande Punto 1.3
    lets hope the upward trend continues for fiat
  3. nitinkumardba

nitinkumardba Superiore

Yes its Linea MJD Emotion pack in white color.
  4. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  5. rana

rana Novizio

I am a contributor in Nov too...

THat aside, its good to see the sales clim, though I think its mainly on account fo the aggressive discounts. Which means, no body is ready to pay a premium for a superior product (which the punto or the linea are).

Secondly, almost all major best sellers have sold more in Nov than in Oct (check out Dzire, Swift, Wagonr), Volkswagen and Honda though seem to have missed the train.... Honda understandably for their parts shortage.

Its also amazing how the value for money segment is racking up volumes like the Toyota Etios/Liva. Perhaps its time Fiat comes up with a VFM offerring
  6. marvin patrick gray

marvin patrick gray Amatore

922k coz its in Delhi, registration in less there, even lesser in Jharkhand. Here in UP its the highest in India i believe.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:36 PM ----------

Guys recently i visited Chandigarh and i was surprised to see many people Puntoing. There were two in the society that i was staying. I being from Lucknow, this was something unusual for me.
  7. sungoa2010

Honda Jazz is is not at all moving ahead even with huge discounts and even with the FE honda petrol engine. Compared to Jazz Punto has performed better in last month.
  8. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

@Sungoa2010- Jazz is not moving ahead because of the Thailand floods,They are unable to source the parts, Honda is at a great tension with 4000+ bookings on hand for the Jazz.
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
    1 person likes this.
  9. amargawade90

amargawade90 Superiore

I reading many forum , articles.....and all are saying refreshed linea and punto will be launched on 3 dec at delhi...
  10. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Reason is simple. open any news paper, Magazine, Tv channel, traffic circle, Airport you will find many Tata Advt. Take example of Manza , Banaglore -Hyderabad airport is flooded with Manza Advt. Have you ever seen consistenet FIAT Advtz from tata? Abig No No. Then from where sales will come?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.