1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

Agreed . For a bold decision or funding backup Indian ceo may have to rely on Fiat turin..but,
    Where could be the blockage to maintain proper spare parts and provide prompt replacement for the same, means why should it take months and years for certain regular parts to arrive from pune to rest of India.
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2011
  2. GirishRaghu

GirishRaghu Amatore

MH-15 / MH-04
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I am a bit surprised at your comment on the TwinAir engines from Fiat. If I am not wrong, the twin air engine won the prestigious 'Engine of the Year' award earlier this year.
    I reckon Fiat will soon launch it in India.
  3. speedJet

speedJet Superiore

For making bold decisions, every company is limited by the budget that it has. Further, different companies may have different rules wherein even though budget may not be involved but consent of the headquater is needed. Most such MNC "sarkaree" companies have either changed their methods to adopt to the current needs or perished. So I agree that Fiat India may have its hands tied up in some cases while taking a bold decision

As far as the spare parts go, I am not sure if Fiat can force the dealer to stock spares. The best that can be done is for Fiat to have spares available in all major cities in a Fiat spares shop (sounds weird but could work)

One thing that is definitely in Fiat India's hands is the quality of the integrated product i.e. car - they MUST ensure in all cases that they provide niggle free high quality cars
  4. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

How much would be the additional investment just to check cars coming out of plant are bug free.(rusts,sideways pulling etc)
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

If you compare Punto with Indica Vista, then you would compare Linea with Manza. Would you?
    Punto should ideally be compared with i20, Jazz and may be Fabia.

Having said that, there are always cases of cross-segment shopping or cars spread across overlapping segments. This is happening particularly in last 2-3 years where there are thin lines between segments with plethora of products. That's why buyer's end up displaying cross-segment shopping. The way you mentioned Indica Vista. Nothing wrong in that and that usually happens. But is we talk strictly segment wise, as mentioned earlier, Punto should be taken in the segment of i20, Jazz, may be Fabia.
  6. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Grande Punto 1.4
    Quoting last months figures for the sake of comparison:
    The passenger vehicles business reported a total sale and distribution offtake of 28,774 nos. (27,737 Tata + 1037 Fiat) in the domestic market in November 2011, higher by 76% compared to 16,363 nos.
    Tata Motors : Media : Press Releases
  7. saharsh

saharsh Regolare

Better Fiat Sales!!

Whoohoo! things getting better day by day..

Fiat- 1037:wow

though they are not good.. but after seeing some horrible sales in past, this looks so good!
  8. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Thats a great new Saharsh. FIAT sold near about 450 cars more than the previous month.
  9. maverick

maverick Amatore

Wow any small increase in the number of cars sold, we are overjoyed. All I can say is we are a bunch of die hard Fiat fans who wants to see Fiat doing well in India :)
  10. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

I can see more puntos than I20 and Liva now a days. but i don't know why its not showing in the sales figures. Is this due to the lack of service centers in certain areas. For example there is no service centre for FIAT in my home town(Kollam) but they have showroom there and have good service centre for TATA vehicles. So for service the owner need to take 2 days off and come to Trivandrum and give the car for service.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.