1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Fiat in India is a joke. They dont even bother to advertise their products well. If not pan India, they can do it selectively in areas where they sell better. Well, with 400-500 odd units selling, it would be hard to find a pattern too.

Look at chevy, they are pushing their Beat diesel everywhere. Newspaper, Visual Media and on FMs too. I did see a pathetically done up Fiat advert during the diwali and now i think its back in the can.
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    An indica simply sells more coz its made for the masses who give priority to space, cheap maintenance, ride rather than better safety and handling and an Italian exotic and not for a select few niche segment enthusiasts.
    As for niggles and poor ass I think u can answer that better, ur the one satisfied with them.
  3. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Am I seeing a contradiction in your comments considering "segment".

Anyway I think you are right this time.
    We Indian are like that, If he see a man wearing dark Sun glasses walking by, that man will be considered as some high official or Rich man.
    Many Places I have seen people travel in Safari and Scorpio just because they feel getting more respect from others. "Badi Gaadi Badi shaan" .

With punto I am perfectly Happy .Though I get carried away with all sort of noises I hear around like lower sales,unreliable, etc. but since 15k km i haven't faced any trouble from the same car.(to add my Indica vista broke down twice in 10kkm and 12500km.)
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    What sort of contradiction , care to elaborate.
  5. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    I had the fiat discussion last night with three Indian car enthusiasts about Fiat.

That Fiat does not sell well has nothing got to do with the Indian perception in general. It neither has got to do with Fiat India. Nor has it got to do with Rajeev Kapoor.

What it has to do with is with Sergio Marchionne, who has got no clue what he is doing. Marchionne has sacked the most capable people in his organisation for reasons that are beyond any common sense.

Instead of working on his own company he had to slag off Volkswagen and told the world that BMW would not be able to exist for too much longer. At the same time he made decisions that nearly meant that Alfa Romeo went bankrupt.

Fiat has got no direction.

Alfa is a disaster. The new twin engine is in Europe a marketing disaster due to quality issues and double the fuel consumption it was claimed. The group has got senseless in house competition. Many new models are being announced and then be shelved. New technology is being battered by people's opinion because of poor component quality.

The product philosophy is flawed and well away from where Fiat is good.

The list goes on.

The worst bit for India is that the hands of Rajeev Kapoor are tied. Considering the limitations imposed on him from Turin, he is doing a bloody good job. He needs more freedom to make decisions that lead to sales. Fiat Turin has got to go off their high horse thinking that they can dictate what the customers want.
  6. sungoa2010

sungoa2010

Goa
    Drifter, If the root of the problem is with some XXXX in Fiat Italy, then how come it is possible that Fiat is doing well in other places for example in Brazil and bad in India?
    1 person likes this.
  7. drifter

drifter Regolare

London/Mumbai
    Fiat has a long history in Brazil. And the Brazilians like Fiat engines. Brazil has got many more dealerships than India, but has only got a 7th of the population.
  8. Here Fiat become History soon, if they not awake now !

Here Fiat engines more popular than Brazil, you see every 2nd Diesel car having Fiat / Fiat type Engine. Even dealership at par or more, see Fiat - Tata Dealership numbers.
  9. Guys,

now from few months I`m seeing more of FIAT cars on Bangalore road, looks like people are changing their mind from Maruti and Hyundai and the huge waiting period.
  10. nk4FIAT

nk4FIAT Superiore

Hyderabad
    Sad to see more Vento/Etios/Verna and polo/Liva/i20 on roads. Its not jealsoy but imagine FIAT would have tried hard in all respects, at least 50% of these cars would have been replaced by Linea/Punto. Unfotunate fate.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.