1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    How many buyers know about segments like b/c/d? I never knew .
    Way we compare products is Price vs looks and of course.I agree scenario is changing.
  2. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Just because u never knew doesn't mean others done know either.
    Analyse the situation from a wider prospective.
  3. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Similar should be the case for I20, still it manages 5k+ units every month, how come???
  4. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

I think I20 petrol contributes more to the sales than the diesel counter part. I don't think Fiat's 1.4P and 1.2P moves off the shelf like I20 1.2 kappa.

R,
    Vishnu
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I Never knew I20 top sells 5k+ units.

BTw have a back to back look at the interiors of i20 and Punto with a layman's eye. which one looks worth money?
  6. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Of course I20 interior look more airy due to its beige and black combo. But I don't think Punto's interior is not that bad either. You should also consider the extra $ we pay for the better interiors. For a I20 Era (base model) cost around 4.6 lac and Punto Active starts at 3.7 lac(as per Fiat's latest adv).

R,
    Vishnu
  7. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Then what did u know that punto top/90HP sells 400 odd units. Read again my above comment to understand.

@ jayadev : By not admitting the short comings and clearly covering it up by saying its expensive and falls above certain segments is in no way gonna hel, it will only satisfy u and ur thoughts but for how long.

Any given day the I20's interiors feel and are far superior in fit and finish.

@Vishnu : bro who's fault is it that the petrol punto's don sell that much ur fault/my fault/fiat'a fault /dealers fault/poor ass what???
  8. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Hyundai has worked hard to earn some sort of respect among the Indian consumers. Fiat has a long long way to go here in our country.

I wonder if people even know about the petrol vehicles that Fiat have.
  9. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

I can put it like Perception + stiffer competition

Fiat's petrol cars were petrol guzzlers (of course powerful) and this perception still remains. Brand make over is fine but Fiat in India is not known for its Petrol engines and the competition is fierce in the segment. Fiat desperately needs a model like 'Figo'. I think Figo's diesel attribute to 70% of total sale. If Fiat can bring in a similar model they are back in the game. Fiat's strength is its diesel engines and i believe they should focus on the area they are good at.

R,
    Vishnu
  10. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP

It is not about me or my thoughts. This is How I observed.When I say My punto Costed 7.35 people give me Looks, which I think they mean "too expensive." Any day Indica outsells Punto sales in same showroom, What could be the reason?

I do not intend to overlook technical failures from manufacturers end.But Hyundai i20 had some infamous issues,even Indica vista has it still they are not doing so bad as Fiat.

Of course one will admit there are more number of reported niggles in Fiat and then Skoda, than any other brand .what could be the reason?

I believe the reason is, people perceive Fiat more than just ordinary car for daily commute.
    Stripping down a 10 lakh rupee car to bare engine and tires with 3 lakh price tag will not fetch any good sale in India. That said could be the reason why Fiat lower end versions too suffered low sales.

From fiat we expected better build,more fun,good experience etc ,which looks too much from a typical b segment car.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.