1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    As far as i Have observed major issues with Fiat were two.
    1.CSC damage
    2.Brake related issues.

Sure both of the above issue can end up the car stuck in middle of road.

Both these are related to manufacturer compromising in quality (and we know reasons). and I believe they are very well addressed as of now.(and yeah,the infamous rusting issue in few models.)

Did we hear any other serious concerns with Fiat.I think "NO". (correct me if I am wrong)

I agree ASS is incompetent at certain regions.well that goes true with every other brand too.You can go through other forums and reviews in internet which will reveal how safe we are at times.
    But here we have a good option just to tackle present odd scenario and i.e, e-mail to top officials and for the 95 percent cases they have successfully sorted it out.(TFI has the proof.) I hope you would not say TFI is biased..no chance.!!!
  2. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

Bangalore
    Was reading an old article from BS Motoring

Verna vs SX4 vs City vs Vento - End of the road?

In the comments section, most of the readers are questioning why not Linea and here is the Admin Response. FIAT is to blame for this !!

ADMIN
    8th August,2011
    Readers, despite our attempts to get a Linea into the story, the car wasn't available in time (neither T-Jet nor diesel). Secondly, this story appeared in the July issue of Motoring and the cars were shot and tested before the Fiesta was launched.
  3. Srini

Srini Regolare

Chennai
    What are the issues with brakes? we all know about CSC..
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2011
  4. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    "Too each his own" gentlemen

I am able to see more and more punto's on the streets but somehow the sales figures narrate a different headline

OT : any idea as to how much have the diesel punto/Linea's prices have been brought down too for active variants.
  5. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Not in my Punto. But i have heard 1.2 version suffered from lack of braking when AC turned on etc. and premature wear of brake Disk.just heard never expereinced.

To me so far Owning Fiat had given good experience only. :)
  6. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Good to hear that :)
    1 person likes this.
  7. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Punto & Linea are not niche segment cars. They are very much usual B+ & C segment cars. It's only Fiat's inability to sell that makes them looks like niche cars !!

Whether we like it or not, Re-sale is one of the important parameters for manufacturer in today's auto market. I and you might give a damn about resale, and may be even many of those 622 buyers who have bought Linea/Punto in Oct'11. But then Fiat has surely not launched its India operations just to sell these cars to only a few.

Secondly, high resale value distinction can not be just bought or achieved overnight. High resale symbolizes people trust in the car & the brand, a fast moving product in the market, good network, service/ spares availability, reliability and a host of other factors. The next buyer shelling out higher price for the 2nd hand car is not a fool.
    3 people like this.
  8. I agree with you totally here. No matter how much we blame the herd mentality for the reason of poor FIAT sales and glorify it based on enthusiast point of view but we cannot overlook the fact that the sales have been disappointingly poor. And there s none other to blame than FIAT india itself.

1. When you are looking to create a flutter in the market as a newcomer (well almost), you have to provide better quality at par or lesser price than the market leaders.
    2. WHat s the USP of linea/punto other than looks??? Handling at high speeds (>120).. but then how many of us usually drive at that high speeds??
    3. Suspension and handling.. Well thats a major plus point but then again how many people regard handling as a major criteria ??
    4. What are the negatives???
    a. Poor plastic quality, fit and finish
    b. LAck of usable cabin space.
    c. lack of cabin storage space.
    d. Poor ground clearance.
    e. Huge turning radius.
    f. Poor ASS (perceived, as i ve been quite happy with it till now)
    g. Low power/weight ratio

I wonder how diffficult it is for FIAT to improve on these points.
    I for one am really really disheartened at seeing the sales figures of both the cars and especially linea as it has so much going for it and the price at which it is offered is way cheap than its competitors 9 also include the discounts being offered alongwith)
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I agree with That.
    But....

Comparatively Punto is expensive than rest. isn't it ? especially diesel versions. In buyers eye punto does not end at to B-c segments ,but bit higher.top end punto costs 8.5 lakhs. for which one can buy almost full option sedan's.

Above statement is my own experience. Two years back when I was to showroom I saw punto side by side with Indica vista..
    again full option Indica vista costed me 5.25 OTR. and (swift was 5.9 lakh). where as for Punto they quoted 6.7 OTR (75hp).I did not even give a look at it thinking it was for rich fellas.(though ,Later on after one year ,when I learnt much about cars and driving dynamic I was left with one and only car that was Punto90hp 7.4Lakh OTR)
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  10. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    If segments start getting divided by price, then in which segment would the polo/I20 come in the buyers eye and similarly after price reduction where does the jazz stand B/C/D/niche segment
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.