1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Fiat India - Sales (2011) discussion - continued

Discussion in 'Fiat India News' started by Ravi, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

I convinced 2 of my friends to buy punto and one bought an 90HP and other one bought 75HP Epack. Now by seeing the sales figures i am really worried. what if Fiat quit once again? :eek: they are gonna kill me. when Swift's waiting period goes over the roof top Punto is struggling to get to 4 digit numbers.

R,
    Vishnu
  2. retropoppers

retropoppers

Fiat Sales Figures !!
    Inspite of good discounts of Linea & Punto across all models (including the Diesel ones), the car sales of both the Fiat models have been really hit hard.

With Linea looking almost dead (with sub-200 sales consecutively for 3 months) and Punto hitting it lowest ever sales in month of October (inspite of discounts & a nice ad-campaign) i dont know what FIAT can now do to revive the brand.

Just wondering if with such numbers, FIAT can survive for too long in India !!!!!
    How are they paying salaries of their management & employees in India, with less than 1000 cars sold in total in a month !!!
    Looks like, FIATs going to end operations in India very soon :-/
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2011
  3. Remember FIAT India is 50:50 joint venture with TATA, if you see 7000 Indigo's sold over a month,that means FIAT India had their hands full in assembling the Manza's or making engines for TATA/Maruti.
    Punto or Linea is just two products for them but they still have handful of work.
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011
  4. retropoppers

retropoppers

@Sat-Chit-anada:

Good point, but FIAT has a completely different management for handling FIAT sales & marketing..

A different management means different costs for hired employees !!
    They also have a 24hr call centre running exclusively for FIAT cars... from time to time they run ad-campaigns to market their cars..
    All this expense for just 900cars per month ?? :-/

Even if they dont know any of these expenses and just continue their partnership with TATA/MARUTI, there wont be any considerable decrease in their profits.. but it might save them a handful of money !!

I would never want this to happen, as i am just another FIAT enthusiast, but it looks to be inevitable considering the current sales figues (that too inspite of heavy discounts)
  5. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Still they are not able to satisfy their customers as 900 cars per month. I dont want to think what will happen if FIAT sales will go up.
  6. retropoppers

retropoppers

I so want to buy GP90, and with the current discounts it might become an all the more exciting deal...
    but considering the situlation..i am jst wondering...two years down the line.. who will provide the spares ??? :-/
  7. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    2 years back also people were asking same question, so don't worry spares should not be a big problem, because Tata is 50% partner.
    2 people like this.
  8. Palio sales were not great over all but car is still available with spares and service ,even at a period when FIAT wasn't doing well.
    Why would FIAT windup when it's engines are in great demand? it's making money from it's partner's sales?
  9. Palio not available now, Even I booked one in May and no delivery, when I inquire they said " Sorry"

What is the mean to keep the product in your line card and sell just 1-2 pics monthly for period of 2 years. Who said Palio spares easily available, even in warranty period customer are buying parts from Kava, Mumbai. For your information Palio is just 3.5 years old.

Even they did the same with Fiat 500, before they removed from there product line, they are not selling even 1 in month from last 1 year.

You can see VW Beetel, they are doing wonderful in that or higher price range.

Now you will see Fiat Bravo, got the news - 100 pcs landed in India.

They just want to sell in sample pcs like fashion designer.
  10. gopscreative

gopscreative Amatore

Chicago
    Guys, Fiat is not leaving India.There are lot of changes happening in Fiat India management.Just wait and watch next year, they will be aggressive in the market.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.